Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2003, 10:08   #1
I am Banned

Post New 3 pc suite

Looking for a suite.. Don't want to go up town paying high street prices but don't want used either (for a change)

Any good discount warehouses or anything like that?
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2003, 10:19   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: New 3 pc suite

What about Bonanza, Harry? My son got 2 x2 seaters from there for £300 about 12 months ago.

Plus sometimes you can get a good deal from CBS. Just so long as you check them out carefully.

A friend had £150 knocked off an already low price due to slight damage which was repairable.

I always check in there when I'm looking for something cos you never know what they have in stock. Love their bargain basement corner!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 10:21   #3
I am Banned

Yeagh wil check CBS... Seen a few in there now and then.. Bit small most of them.. need a big one in ours.. But certainly checking them out regularly.

As for bonanza?  Sorry never heard of it.. Where is it please?  
Old 21-08-2003, 10:22   #4

There is a warehouse in Oswaldtwistle and as usual for me I can't remember the name. Maybe someone else can - you go up union road past the black dog pub on your right and then left up towards the mill buildings..it might be the second left after the new lane mini roundabout. Got 1, 2 years ago, much cheaper than the high street but still good quality.
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 10:34   #5
Caz
God Member

Not far Harry ;D ;D ;D
Just off Willows Lane, bottom end.
runs parallel with Blackburn Rd, little back Street. Used to do second hand stuff as well but not sure they do now.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 10:56   #6
I am Banned

Silly me.. Only live round the corner.. T'was the name that got me.. didn't realise thats what it is called.. had a quick glance.. Only one BIG suite and light colours.

Gonna try the one in ozzy after my brew...
Old 21-08-2003, 12:45   #7
I am Banned

The on one in Ozzy following your directions is BM furniture.. Just been...Well out of my league.. Even the bargain floor had nothing unde 0ne thousand 800 quid ..(£1,800)  Had a pleasent wander round though.. thanks for the suggestion

Went to CBS and some nice ones but very small..

Starting to despair..

Read of a discount warehouse in Darwen.. Gonna see if I can find that later... May ahve to look up upholsterers soon...

Oh Hum
Old 21-08-2003, 13:36   #8
I am Banned

Discount sofas.. 304 Blackburn rd Darwen.. Just drove all the way there to find a notice saying... Moved to dale st Accrington... ARRRRGH! just round the corner from me.. and there shut

Might just buy five big bean bags

Old 21-08-2003, 13:43   #9
Resting in Peace

Have a look in Argos harryx  
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 13:44   #10
I am Banned

Looked.. Nice bedsetee and double sofa at a decent price.. But ya can't look at them.. rather see it real life than in a catalouge mate.

Old 21-08-2003, 13:46   #11
Resting in Peace

Easy options first harryx
as they say "let your fingers do the typeing or is that walking"? ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 16:49   #12
Em

Try Edgar Haworths on High street in Rishton they have a variety and a 9 months interest free payment thing pay weekly and the bloke will come to your house if you dont mind that kinda thing
Old 21-08-2003, 19:37   #13
I am Banned

Well we ahve been all over today.. Went to Whitebirk after tea... couple of places there but mainly out of our league

Will try Rishton tommorow..hanks Em... We are paying cash but that dont mean nothing nowerdays.... Also the wife reckons theres a place in Burnley we should try...

One good bit.. Found a place down the side of Glynn Webb.. Only figured out they sold suites by glancing through doors as ya pass by...  They sell leather suites in 3 sater and 2 seater sets./. No chairs just a 3 seater and 2 seater for 400 quid.. choice of colours... hadnt considered leather before but considering now.....

Old 21-08-2003, 22:27   #14

yeah it was b and m i meant, i went past today. it wasn't so expensive a few years ago, they must have gone up in the world! Anyway - good luck with your huntin!
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2003, 06:20   #15

Harry -- would you be interested in just a 3 seater settee -- at a bargain price ?  If so will send a photo and price.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..