Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 19:39   #1
Fra

Wanted - Sky Plus box

I'm after a Sky plus box with remote that works with it. Would I still be able to use the sky plus recording functions without a subscription to sky?

Cheers
Fra is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2013, 19:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Wanted - Sky Plus box

You would need a subscription to sky to use the sky+. There are alternatives to a sky box though if you already have the dish, doubt I could put them on this forum though.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:30   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
You would need a subscription to sky to use the sky+. There are alternatives to a sky box though if you already have the dish, doubt I could put them on this forum though.
Go for a FreeSat recorder, you will get far more channels you can record, several of which you would have to pay for on sky.
Your dish should not need re-aligning
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:45   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Go for a FreeSat recorder, you will get far more channels you can record, several of which you would have to pay for on sky.
Your dish should not need re-aligning
Forgot about Freesat, you`ll be OK with that. Not what I was referring to though. And thinking about it, a link to just the box should be OK, it`s what you can do with the box that`s what can get you into bother.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satellite-Re...ords=skybox+f3
There are newer versions, but this is what I have and picture is excellent. External storage needed for recording though.

Last edited by gpick24; 02-07-2013 at 21:53.
Old 02-07-2013, 23:45   #5
God Member

Quote:
lol have you seen those android boxes running xbmc some folk are trying to sell on facebook groups for £100

besides the fact you can get them on ebay for £50 that xbmc software is free to anyone and can run on almost any operating system or device inclusing your phone

one of them was advertising free sky sports but i got access to tehir source files "devil something or other" and they either didnt work or were jittery as hell

not sure about these ones that require a sattelite dish but from what iv seen theres still a subscription fee each year or every 6 months if i recall correctly

xbmc has been out for years its just someone has found a way of making money from a free application by dressing it up in a little box with a remote lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 23:47   #6
God Member

Downloads | XBMC

the software is free and legal its when you start adding second party source files your treading on illigal but as a standard installation i think theres a few channels i dont recall to be honest

got it installed on my phone and every computer in the house

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 02-07-2013, 23:50   #7
God Member

Quote:
Forgot about Freesat, you`ll be OK with that. Not what I was referring to though. And thinking about it, a link to just the box should be OK, it`s what you can do with the box that`s what can get you into bother.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satellite-Re...ords=skybox+f3
There are newer versions, but this is what I have and picture is excellent. External storage needed for recording though.
their the ones i havnt had a look at yet.I cant justify getting one as i simply dont need it but i am curious as to teh ins and outs of it

Old 03-07-2013, 08:04   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
their the ones i havnt had a look at yet.I cant justify getting one as i simply dont need it but i am curious as to teh ins and outs of it
Will send you a PM Accyman.
Old 03-07-2013, 23:11   #9
God Member

iv got about 10 sky hd boxes but i cant test them sadly or id of offered one up .Dont have any remotes either

i rip teh hard drives out and either use them on pc towers or sell em teh hard drives on ebay lol

Old 04-07-2013, 21:40   #10
Fra

Cheers all. Got one given. Fancy a freesat box now!
Fra is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..