Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2011, 19:33   #1

Talking Wanted: Xbox 360 or someone to fix mine :-)

Well my third 360 has officially spat out its dummy (Clearly didnt appreciate my all day CoD sessions ).

So im sat here with 3 none working 360's.

Number one has red ring and a broken disc tray that refuses to open without force.

Number two loads as far as the xbox logo and then stays there forever.

Number three refuses to acknowledge that there is a game in the tray and insists my only option is to open the tray

So im now looking to purchase xbox number four :-) if anyone has one lying around that they dont use and would like to exchange it for some cold hard cash then feel free to let me know :-)

Or.......If your a dab hand with these things im fairly certain a working 360 could be salvaged from the three i have and id happily pay someone to make me a working one from my parts :-)

Cheers in advance folks.
Old 14-06-2011, 20:23   #2

Re: Wanted: Xbox 360 or someone to fix mine :-)

For the one with the open tray only, turn ur console off and tap (hardish) the xbox on the top where the cd drive is, make ur the xbox is lead down tho. Tap the top with ur pad for about 30 secs try this, u might need to do it a few times, for the ring of death one for a quick and short fix wrap it in a towel and turn it for 5 mins make sure there is no space for air to get out then in wrap and try it, again if it don't work 1st time just do it again but for longer.
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 22:40   #3

Already used the towel trick on the red ring one a few times in the past tried again earlier and that xbox now seems to have a problem reading discs too

Looks like i maybe purchasing xbox number 4 soon Hopefully this weekend, so if anyone has one they want rid of you'll need to let me know ASAP
Old 16-06-2011, 03:36   #4
God Member

as long as you havnt modded it you have a 3 year warranty on red ring so go to microsoft and ring tehir number to return it free

if it is modded buy a set of bolts off ebay for about £2 and some thermal paste and re do your x-clamp with teh bolts instead

look up x clamp fix on youtube it will show you how to do it

some peopel have great success with it and only have to do it once and others have to do it a few times

my elite finally gave up the ghost after 2 years after red ring but i was unlucky but my friends that i fixed havnt had any further problems so its just luck of the draw

you can get it done for about £30 at park computers blackburn if its modded or out of warranty

remember if its not modded ring up microsoft they may replace it free of charge.

towel trick is rubbish and often has to be redone repeatedly which warps the board beyond repair eventually

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 08:52   #5

The one that has the red ring is well out of warranty as i bought it when the 360 was first released

None of my three have been modded, but all three have been opened at one point or another so none are under warranty anymore

I have looked into fixing it myself, but tbh im not keen on playing with electrical stuff, good shout on the place to get it fixed though may get more than one fixed any sell the others off to pay for my xbox to be fixed
Old 16-06-2011, 16:14   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
The one that has the red ring is well out of warranty as i bought it when the 360 was first released

None of my three have been modded, but all three have been opened at one point or another so none are under warranty anymore

I have looked into fixing it myself, but tbh im not keen on playing with electrical stuff, good shout on the place to get it fixed though may get more than one fixed any sell the others off to pay for my xbox to be fixed

well the dbd drives alone go for £15 plus postage on ebay so if all else fails just flog the drives and hard drives to make some cash

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 19:48   #7
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I had 2 xbox 360 break down 1 wouldn't read the disc and other 1 tray wouldn't stay shut,Tuck mine up to PC Cellular on Blackburn road,£55 for both fixed....
Old 16-06-2011, 20:38   #8

Did not know PC cellular did xbox repairs Ill pop in at weekend and see if i can blag my way into getting a nice deal
Old 17-06-2011, 09:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

You've got a release xbox that isn't reading discs ? You may be in luck New 360 Discs Incompatible with Some Consoles - Xbox360 News at IGN
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 12:14   #10

Buy the new shiny black one, looks the nuts, quiet as a mouse and doesn't break... ;o) I fixed mine loads of times with RROD and it always comes back no matter which method you use, be a month or a year, it will come back...
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:42   #11

Well my xbox is now fully working again :-)

Took it into Pc Cellular on the Saturday and it was awaiting collection the wednesday, overall very good service and only cost me £25 :-)

Thanks for the recommendations, and my apologies to those who inboxed me, i really never check those and only just noticed the few people offering to do it for me :-(

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..