Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2014, 19:45   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: £1.7 billion less to spend helping the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Just don't go holding your breath will you.
I cannot see the EU changing anytime soon. It does not change, it expects the members to suck it up and shut up.
There must be at least 95% of us that can see that.....except our honourable MP still thinks we haven't the brain power to decide this for ourselves.
95% eh? His message must finally be coming through.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2014, 19:56   #17
Beacon of light

Re: £1.7 billion less to spend helping the UK

It was 95% wasn't it? Tell me I haven't got it wrong.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 08:20   #18

Oh yes, that was the accurate figure that he plucked from his randomiser program to tell us how many aren't capable of deciding on a referendum for the EU.
as for you getting it wrong? Impossible, you are obviously one of the 16.5% remaining that he thinks is capable of deciding.
Old 28-10-2014, 10:35   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh yes, that was the accurate figure that he plucked from his randomiser program to tell us how many aren't capable of deciding on a referendum for the EU.
as for you getting it wrong? Impossible, you are obviously one of the 16.5% remaining that he thinks is capable of deciding.
this was posted by graham jones on facebook hyndburn chat

Quote:
Gary. You are misleading the public. The 95% figure came from IPSOS MORI and that was stated clearly.
he accused a couple of people in that conversation of misleading the public

now i dont know what the definition of misleading the public is but when a person standing for election to be a MP gives strong indication that he is in favour of a referendum and states in his own words on this very website that he thinks the only fair way to decide the issue of the EU is to have a referendum then after getting elected votes against us getting a referendum id say if anyone is guilty of misleading the public it is himself

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 14:54   #20
Beacon of light

Accyman, he obviously feels that there is strength in numbers.
Many of those currently sitting in the POW have mislead the electorate, and not just over the EU...but expenses, alleged child abuse, tuition fees.same sex marriage.......the list goes on and on.
Maybe they think it constitutes custom and practice.
Old 28-10-2014, 15:16   #21

I remember him posting similar on here about it being on mori, I searched...

&

Searched...

&

Asked him to put a link to any poll that showed 95%.

Still waiting

&

Probably will be waiting for a very long time.

Last edited by Less; 28-10-2014 at 15:19.
Old 28-10-2014, 15:40   #22

Each month every EU country pays its dues and after the annual inspection the Commission informs each country an amount is either owes or is owed, negotiations are conducted and a final figure is agreed upon. It's absolutely ridiculous for the EU Commission clerks under the new Commissioner to refer back twenty years to 1995 and re calculate the figures again for every year since, but this time with the inclusion of the "riches" gained from prostitution and the black market!

I'm glad Cameron blew his top and hope he sticks to his guns. I had a similar experience in the 90s when a new tax inspector announced that he'd examined the accounts for every year from when I was in Oak Street and "Chinner" (China) Street in the 1970s and he then quoted an extremely exorbitant sum of 20 years unpaid back tax plus he wanted interest. He didn't get it, what he got was his ears pinned back.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 15:44   #23

Re: Re: £1.7 billion less to spend helping the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Each month every EU country pays its dues and after the annual inspection the Commission informs each country an amount is either owes or is owed, negotiations are conducted and a final figure is agreed upon. It's absolutely ridiculous for the EU Commission clerks under the new Commissioner to refer back twenty years to 1995 and re calculate the figures again for every year since, but this time with the inclusion of the "riches" gained from prostitution and the black market!

I'm glad Cameron blew his top and hope he sticks to his guns. I had a similar experience in the 90s when a new tax inspector announced that he'd examined the accounts for every year from when I was in Oak Street and "Chinner" (China) Street in the 1970s and he then quoted an extremely exorbitant sum of 20 years unpaid back tax plus he wanted interest. He didn't get it, what he got was his ears pinned back.
Which of the above riches was the taxman trying to get you to pay for?
Prostitution or the black market.
Lucysgirl likes this.
Old 28-10-2014, 17:21   #24

Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 20:13   #25
I am Banned

Good to quote Ken Clarke's contribution in Parliament yesterday
“May I sympathise with the Prime Minister in being taken by surprise on a subject which everybody in the Treasury must have known was coming for the last five months?”
No safety even from his supposed friends there then.
For more information check out Nicky Morgan's letter written back in March which pointed out that the Treasury was alert to the probability of an increased demand from Europe.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2014, 11:57   #26
Beacon of light

No 'Friends' in business or politics...only colleagues opposition and competitors...and they all want to get one over on you.

Personally, I would be giving them the message that the money would be paid in full once a signed off audit of the EU budgets was available and presented with the demand.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 29-10-2014, 13:31   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
What would SCAMeron do if he kept the 1.7billion? Put it into benefits? increase hospital effectiveness? fund transport etc?.......

.....Of course not, he'd just carry on blowing it on paying private companies to do work that the government used to do but for less money....
True. But whatever spin you want to put on it, 1.7 billion is still 1.7 billion ... we are not talking nickles and dimes here.

Not that I should really give a damn ... after all, it ain't my tax dollars ... but the idea that the krauts get money is annoying. After all, didn't we spend enough on those sonsabitches in the last century? Bullets, bombs and battleships don't come cheap. And blood is priceless.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 05:50   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Personally, I would be giving them the message that the money would be paid in full once a signed off audit of the EU budgets was available and presented with the demand.
Absolutely. The pontificating by EU budget officers about 'having no choice but to pay' on TV over the last few days has been irritating.

You have come up with the perfect retort to them.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 09:26   #29
Beacon of light

It irritates me that the EU seem to want to belittle all the efforts of the Uk to sort out the economy......Christine Lagarde( head of the IMF) said the measures put into place would never work.
It also irritates me that those countries who were told to get their act together with relation to their financial affairs have not done so, but are getting a rebate for their lack of action.

Never mind if Labour are elected in May next year, the situation will be one where we get a rebate too...because they will spend money that we haven't got.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:15   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not quite sure this belongs here, but still! It's not just Europe whinging & wanting, looks like our self serving politicoes are just as adept at screwing Joe Public & the Country even further into the shiite with their latest plan! The 146 Winkers!

BBC News - Bid to scupper bill on 0.7% foreign aid pledge fails

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..