Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2009, 16:06   #136
Resting in Peace

Re: £10,000 offered to leak MP's expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
If so, then will Gordon Brown be able to claim it with his cleaner's expenses?
Just depends whether its within the rules or not Tealeaf
Old 14-05-2009, 16:08   #137
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
keep posting the good news T. yer making cashy very happy.
Your not allowed to be to happy cashy, you've had your share this week when the Rovers were safe
Old 14-05-2009, 16:11   #138
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
A few weeks ago on this forum AndrewB was slated for using the FOI Act to discover, what local politicians were claiming as expenses.
Several National newspapers requested information as to MP's expenses and where given a date when the information was to be released, possibly in an abridged version.
The information was released by a 'Leak', good word that, and the dung hit the fan.
With European Elections and some Local Elections coming up my question is:
Will you be casting a vote?
I always vote Roy, because if you don't its no use moning when things go tits up
Old 14-05-2009, 19:47   #139
God Member

A none voter is just another vote for the winners, if you dont vote against them, you may as well have voted for whoever gets in power, it is long overdue that this was exposed (the fraudulant expenses), it has been going on for years and still is going on, I have been of the opinion for a long time, that the main reasons to become an MP are to line thier own pockets, and to massage an over inflated ego.
Old 14-05-2009, 20:00   #140
God Member

this is the best thing since sliced bread.somebody must have upset rupert murdoch and co....... every day somebody else is outed long may it continue..this is one of the reasons they mede it more expensive to run for council or an mp because they must have known the poo was going to hit the fan.whats the alternative going to be when you go to polls
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 20:17   #141
God Member

Glad you said 'outed'... noone has been ousted yet, which is no surprise, and if they did, they would be back in office, in another department in no time.
Old 14-05-2009, 20:33   #142
Full Member+

According to todays Daily Mirror, Jack Straw says " MP`s need some restrictions on what is being made public, we should be accountable for what we spend but some of the information has been gratuitously personal " Which is similar to the arguments against ID cards, if you have nothing to hide, what are you worried about.
Other MP`s were furious "legitimate" expenses were being axed, meaning people from poor backgrounds could be prevented from becoming MP`s. What absolute patronising claptrap.
Old 14-05-2009, 22:13   #143
God Member

I found this and had to share the smile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-0-04F15E53000005DC-123_468x479.jpg (63.9 KB, 5 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 12:28   #144
Super Moderator

Excellent sketch from the Independent on Mad Gord's election launch yesterday. His description of the assembled cabinet minsters is a corker.

The Sketch: Vote Labour! Yes, that really was the message - Simon Carr, Commentators - The Independent
Old 15-05-2009, 16:26   #145
Resting in Peace

Re: £10,000 offered to leak MPs expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Excellent sketch from the Independent on Mad Gord's election launch yesterday. His description of the assembled cabinet minsters is a corker.

The Sketch: Vote Labour! Yes, that really was the message - Simon Carr, Commentators - The Independent
I have to say I've never read the independent Wynonie, but that was hilarious, I had the same reaction I have when reading Lesses posts
Old 15-05-2009, 17:07   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
If so, then will Gordon Brown be able to claim it with his cleaner's expenses?
to be fair at the time GB claimed expenses for cleaning he was not married..he didn't have anyone to do the cleaning.

Last edited by Mancie; 15-05-2009 at 17:09.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 08:27   #147
God Member

It looks like Speaker Martin is is finally going to make a statement this afternoon. What do you think he will say?

a) I'm guilty of a cover up and I shall now retire to my grace and favour apartment with a bottle of brandy and a loaded revolver and do the honourable thing.

b) I'm guilty but I'll resign at the end of this parliament (providing I get my one hundred grand payoff to which I will then be entitled).

c) I'm innocent and the rest of the members are innocent of all charges so it's business as usual.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 08:35   #148
God Member

I think B, I doubt he'll announce that he's guilty though!
Old 18-05-2009, 09:00   #149
Super Moderator

I reckon he'll end up with a cushy job on the EU gravy train. That's what most governments do with troublesome/tainted/has-been types that they want to get out of the way. Then he'll be able to enjoy expenses and all sorts of goodies beyond his wildest dreams!
Old 18-05-2009, 09:11   #150
God Member

He was, of course, claiming the second home allowance for his Glasgow home town and constituency while at the same time living in his grace and favour apartment in the Palace of Westminster.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..