Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 15:19   #16
God Member

Re: £10,000 offered to leak MP's expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think you'll find that Greg posts his exes on his web site accyman, sorry to disappoint you over the £5Gs
I think this is for expenses receipts rather than totals, which as far as I know Greg doesn't publish, he does however go further than he needs to. You can find them at Greg Pope - MPs Allowances
Old 04-04-2009, 15:35   #17
God Member

In the opening post, it states, regain the trust of politicians, or something similar.... Isnt this presuming we trusted any in the first place?
Old 05-04-2009, 00:26   #18
God Member

Geoff Hoon is the latest! Rented his London flat, and used second home allowance to pay for his constituency home, whilst he lived in a government provided apartment rent-free!
Old 05-04-2009, 00:58   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There used to be a group called Blind Faith
..hang on Jaysay ain't yo bin the lead singer fo that group over tht last 10yrs?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:27   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Geoff Hoon is the latest! Rented his London flat, and used second home allowance to pay for his constituency home, whilst he lived in a government provided apartment rent-free!
Andrew, you seem to carefully confine your examples of snout troughing to Labour politicians. As you well know, there are plenty of Tory MPs at it and even the odd Democratic Unionist or two!

I can, however, confirm that none of us in the Official Monster Raving Loony Party are claiming any parliamentary expenses, legitimate or otherwise. We Loonies are incorruptible!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Andrew, you seem to carefully confine your examples of snout troughing to Labour politicians. As you well know, there are plenty of Tory MPs at it and even the odd Democratic Unionist or two!

I can, however, confirm that none of us in the Official Monster Raving Loony Party are claiming any parliamentary expenses, legitimate or otherwise. We Loonies are incorruptible!
Ahh I know its from all sides, just these are currently the high profile ones. We've had Nannygate and others in the past!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:18   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ahh I know its from all sides
Do you? You'd never think it from reading "Andrew Barrett's Musings". You appear to meticulously avoid mentioning any Tory ones. Perhaps now I've managed to drag an admission out of you that greed and avarice do exist on the Tory benches, you will start to publicise a few of them...or would that earn you a slap on the wrist from your party bosses?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:34   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
..hang on Jaysay ain't yo bin the lead singer fo that group over tht last 10yrs?
No but was from 1979 to 1997
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39   #24
Resting in Peace

Re: £10,000 offered to leak MPs expenses

Quote:

I think the thing that I seem to concentrate on with this government was its statement prior to the 1997 GE Wynonie "Whiter than White Government" I don't think there is anybody that can say they have come anywhere close to achieving this.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:59   #25
God Member

Quote:
Do you? You'd never think it from reading "Andrew Barrett's Musings". You appear to meticulously avoid mentioning any Tory ones. Perhaps now I've managed to drag an admission out of you that greed and avarice do exist on the Tory benches, you will start to publicise a few of them...or would that earn you a slap on the wrist from your party bosses?
I'm all too happy to post about Conservatives or Lib dems, or anyone in fact! Just needs to be current. I have only recently started blogging often. If posting about something I thinks important got me a slap on the wrist, I'd leave.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:29   #26
God Member

Quote:

i thought the monster raving looney partys expenses were assesed by how many £50 notes they could fit up their noses

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:39   #27
God Member

Interesting fact that I pulled from the Telegraph's article

Mr Brown claimed a total of £124,454 in expenses and allowances in 2007/08. Mr Cameron claimed £148,829. Nick Clegg, the Lib Dem leader claimed £149,026.

Wonder why it's more expensive to be in the opposition?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:42   #28
God Member

Brown probably get more chauffering about for free, because he has a higher security risk

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:43   #29
God Member

ahh but dosnt cameron have to claim for his push bike and the chaufer driven car that drives behind him carrying his luch ?

it certainly wont be costs for visiting teh north because a he says its a terrible place and cant imagine why anyone would want to live here

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 05-04-2009 at 14:45.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 17:55   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm all too happy to post about Conservatives or Lib dems, or anyone in fact! Just needs to be current. I have only recently started blogging often. If posting about something I thinks important got me a slap on the wrist, I'd leave.
Right, I will be keeping an eye on your "musings" the next time a Tory hits the headlines for some scandal or other!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..