Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/missing-accrington-man-david-guilfoyle-11838.html)

Sparkologist 07-06-2005 08:23

Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

Police have announced that they have arrested 3 men and a woman with regard to the disappearance of Accrington man, David Guilfoyle. The police haven't yet said whether any charges are being pressed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/4616381.stm

lettie 07-06-2005 09:05

Re: Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

I hope that they get whoever did it. He's a nice bloke who always says hello when he sees you. I have seen him around for a lot of years and he used to go out with a mate of mine. Criminal past or not, he does know some dodgy people, I heard off friends that he had gone missing before it was ever reported on the news and we all reckoned that somebody had done him in. A friend of his reported him missing 2 days after he was last seen, yet it didn't come to the public attention until the middle of last week.

Steph 07-06-2005 14:16

Its frightening what goes on or could go on so close to you

-pixie 07-06-2005 14:39

my thoughts go out to his family

dave is a very popular man and i reackon a lot of people here know him in one way or another

chav1 07-06-2005 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by -pixie
my thoughts go out to his family

dave is a very popular man and i reackon a lot of people here know him in one way or another

my sentiments ecactly

cashman 07-06-2005 17:06

if the guys bin topped i hope they get them who did it,whatever hes done he certainly doesnt seem to be a evil git or a bad sod,most people go through life breaking the law in some small way at least.

cashman 07-06-2005 22:16

just been on the news a 35 year old man has been arrested for the murder.

rincewind 07-06-2005 22:21

A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a 37-year-old Lancashire businessman missing for nearly two weeks.

Three men and a woman who were arrested have been released without charge.

staggeringman 08-06-2005 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind
A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a 37-year-old Lancashire businessman missing for nearly two weeks.

Three men and a woman who were arrested have been released without charge.

not guilty untill proved innocent,what is suspicion (have you, are havent you)(did you or didnt you)that is the question.

entwisi 08-06-2005 13:21

Walked past his house last night, Coppers were still parked up outside and teh place taped up.

Like you say horrible things can hapen on your doorstep and you don't know owt about it.

big al 08-06-2005 22:31

Is David Guilfoyle any relation to the late Jimmy Gulfoyle, from Clayton, who was stabbed by his wife?

lindsay ormerod 10-06-2005 19:25

I heard a rumour of a body being found near the Bubble Factory/Ossy Mills but there has been nothing in the papers as yet.Probably just a rumour after all.Looks like I missed all the excitement whilst on hols!

big al 10-06-2005 23:05

Nothing like rumour to get things talked about eh Lindsay. Nothing official about a body so far although after all this time police must be thinking that it will end up this way. Have been reliably informed that David is the son of the late Jimmy Guilfoyle.

northern lass 11-06-2005 01:13

Any more news.

staggeringman 11-06-2005 01:26

THE first four have been released and they have arrested anouther person who they could only keep in the cells and question untill tonight .