Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2006, 22:31   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 15 year old girl struk with tazar gun in blackburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
carrying a knife is ok then?
how do you know she was carrying it ? it could well have been in the garage !!!....big differance

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2006, 22:43   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
how do you know she was carrying it ? it could well have been in the garage !!!....big differance
Think you two now missing the original point here by Chav >>>> just the criticism of the police in the way they diffused a situation at the time irrespective of the circumstances, which I am sure will come out later.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 01:31   #18
Resting in Peace

I think Police have a bad enough job and will say well done in using "friendly" force to defuse the situation without having to use "deadly force".

Yes there are several questions as to why a 15yo Female was in a Petrol station on Bank Top, not Preston New Rd, which is within the "red light" area of Blackburn.

Why did she have a knife and why was she holding it to someones throat??

I dare say thing are yet to come out about this situation and maybe we'll have to wait and see if it goes to court for anymore information
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 09:56   #19
I am Banned

good job they had a tazar because the othr alternative would be bullets..

they could have used rubber bullets but if indeed this did happen in the red light district they would have all wanted shooting
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 10:22   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: 15 year old girl struk with tazar gun in blackburn

All I can see between the lines BLACKBURN RAVER is white space.

It wasn’t up Preston New Road cashman it was Whalley Banks that eventually becomes Preston Old Road.

If this girl was a victim of the man somehow and was only defending herself then once the police were on the scene she would have just given herself up. Wouldn’t she? As it is she threatened to stab the man – allegedly - so that makes her the aggressor and thus the police were quite correct to subdue her and make an arrest.

However, the girl, who cannot be named, has been charged with making threats to kill, actual bodily harm, false imprisonment and possession of a knife.

Police said she will appear before Blackburn Youth Court on Tuesday.

So that scuttles any thoughts of “between the lines” thinking.
Old 29-08-2006, 11:29   #21
Senior Member+

Totally agree with the police (for once). The alternative was to use deadly force, if they had done that & somebody was killed or seriously injured everyone would be saying that they should have used a Tazor. Damned if do, damned if they don't. The police don't have the luxury of hindsight.

http://www.AccyJay.piczo.com/
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 11:38   #22
white rabbits

Sounds like a nice normal girl to me,,,,,,,That is according to todays generation... !!!!!! BRING BACK THE BIRCH!!!!!!!
Old 29-08-2006, 11:50   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
Sounds like a nice normal girl to me,,,,,,,That is according to todays generation... !!!!!! BRING BACK THE BIRCH!!!!!!!
I'm a bit young to remember the "Birch", but, i think a lot of the problems stem from a lack of discpline at home & at school (although most teachers hands are tied by european laws). My mum caught me with a knife when i was 15 years old (35 now), she phoned the police herself, who, took the knife off me & gave me a stern talking to. When they left my mum gave me a really good hiding because of the embaressment of having the police at the front door. Top woman, well done mum, i never did it again.

Last edited by AccyJay; 29-08-2006 at 11:53.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 12:00   #24
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
. My mum caught me with a knife when i was 15 years old (35 now), she phoned the police herself, who, took the knife off me & gave me a stern talking to. When they left my mum gave me a really good hiding because of the embaressment of having the police at the front door. Top woman, well done mum, i never did it again.

yep., your mum is just the sort neaded today..if only there were more like her
Old 29-08-2006, 12:04   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
I'm a bit young to remember the "Birch", but, i think a lot of the problems stem from a lack of discpline at home & at school (although most teachers hand are tied by european laws). My mum caught me with a knife when i was 15 years old (35 now), she phoned the police herself, who, took the knife off me & gave me a stern talking to. When they left my mum gave me a really good hiding because of the embaressment of having the police at the front door. Top woman, well done mum, i never did it again.

Unfortunately even parents hands are tied now with all the kids rights, smacking is frowned upon although didnt do me any harm & certainly didnt do wrong again but these days they wonder why youths run a mock although most do the dicipline too late rather than affirming right & wrong from when they are little. Tv/ films/games & music play a role in encouraging a violent culture & acceptance, plus also alcohol & drugs readily available to youngsters plus they know they can get away with it also kids today are clued up on rights & know how to use it .............................Gee i wouldnt want to be a teenager again bad enough 1st time round hehehehe

So i do agree with the police in their course of action!! She cannot be above the law even if she had justifications of being driven to doing what she did, she should of let the police deal with those matters than taking it upon herself as now she finds she's in trouble rather than could be other way round, sorry taking the law into your own hands does not go down well with the law certainly not pre-meditated as act of self defence!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 14:47   #26
Beacon of light

If I had been that 15 year old girl....the tazar would have been nothing to the hiding I would have got from my parents.
My Dad only had to give me one of those 'just you dare' looks and I knew I had gone too far.
Well said Accymel....you've hit the nail on the head!

I don't think that capital punishment(in the right context) does any harm, and it lets children know that there are consequences to their actions.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 16:15   #27
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington

I don't think that capital punishment(in the right context) does any harm, and it lets children know that there are consequences to their actions.
Psst Margaret, I think you mean Corporal Punishment, Capital Punishment is when they hang people and that would certainly stop anyone (not just children), from doing it again, I'm all for tightening justice but perhaps before we re-introduce the rope, the cane or the birch might just be considered a less severe punishment? or maybe something from the Continent?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 16:18   #28
Passed away 25-11-09

Please please, Margaret, say you meant Corporal Punishment and not Capital. I'm all for a good clout (my kids got the odd one - rarely, but if it was really necessary it happened) and so did I but I think hanging's going a bit far.
Old 29-08-2006, 16:20   #29
Give, give, give member

According to tonight's LET she will have appeared before Blackburn Magistrates today charged with making threats to kill, assault, unlawful imprisonment, and having an offensive weapon in public.

Good on the police.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 17:48   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Can we get Chav arrested for having an offensive personality?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..