Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2007, 10:17   #121
God Member

Re: 15m bank details lost!!

I got my standard apologies boll***s from the GOV/HMRC just now, so least i know im one of many on the list for sure not surprising.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2007, 10:17   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
got a letter this morning from the inland revenue its said

i am writing to make a personal apology, A copy of some HM Revenue & customs data about famileis, including yours, who have received child benefit has been lost, The copy of the data is likely to still be on government property. The police are now conducting a search, and there is no evidence that it is in the possession of anyone else. This will not affect your child benefit payments.

The data includes you and your childs names and dates of birth, your address, your national insurance number and, where relevant, the details of the bank or building society account into which your child benefit is or was paid.

blah blah blah

then at the end it says....

i would like to offer my personal apologies for any worry or concern this data loss may cause you. And i can assure you that all efforts are being made to ensure that such a loss can never happen again.

oh ****** lol
i got the same letter as you, i think they are just sending them to everyone who is in reciept of child benefit, it doesnt help matters though does it, just hope that it all gets sorted out
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 19:45   #123
Senior Member+

i havent got one yet......... not sure if thats good or bad.... is it because i am not on the list or because they have lost my details and dont know to send me a letter....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 19:50   #124
God Member

Well I got mine today. Wonder if they're doing it alphabetically - I'm a K.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 19:50   #125
Senior Member+

i am before you, i am a g so should have got it by now

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 19:52   #126
Senior Member+

i got a letter as well, but i just binned it cuz i knw what it was about
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 19:54   #127
God Member

They probably are in alphabetical batches.
I find that my friends get their winter fuel payments on Mondays during November - and I am in the last 25% - so have to wait until the last Monday.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 19:57   #128
Senior Member+

i got mine 2 days ago and im s
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 20:40   #129
Passed away 25-11-09

It's more likely to be either your CB refce. number or your NI number that determines where you are on the list.
Old 30-11-2007, 21:30   #130

I also got mine two days ago and i'm T, wonder if they sent the Ss and Ts out together. But then again i don't hold much to box standard letters.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 21:41   #131
Senior Member+

im a D, but i dont live that far away from washington "newcastle" but i dont think they would dare hand deliver do you
Old 30-11-2007, 21:43   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
im a D, but i dont live that far away from washington "newcastle" but i dont think they would dare hand deliver do you

I would suggest that the person in charge of the fiasco is probably one of the biggest hand deliverers around
Old 30-11-2007, 22:29   #133

we r a d and got one today .25 million people one test case for compo for neglegence wins in court god help goverment.if i tell some one your personnel info without your permissuion iam breaking the law and can be sued,
Old 30-11-2007, 22:32   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I would suggest that the person in charge of the fiasco is probably one of the biggest hand deliverers around
yes your right on that note
Old 01-12-2007, 11:41   #135
God Member

I'm an S and got mine about 3 days ago!! Seems like a waste of money sending these letters out!! How much did the post itself cost em?/

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..