Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Christian Science (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/christian-science-19196.html)

K99WARD 10-11-2013 23:08

Re: Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1082996)
Oops! I could say something about great minds and all that as we seem to have posted our entries at the same time - but thankfully MY mind is not full of biased theological clap-trap, so I decline.
Btw, who says that what the different religious entities believe is correct. I could enter many arguments here - but it would be a complete waste of time. Have better things to do.

When The reformation took place, I think in the 1500s, it was the best thing that ever happened to England. Of course the Roman Catholic Church would tell a different story all about Henry VIII and his many wives which was of course true but it got rid of all the religious claptrap that was going on like the selling of indulgences and prayers for the dead that are nowhere mentioned in scripture. They were not perfect even then but it was a step in the right direction. Nowadays they seem to be reverting back like a dog returns to its vomit.

Wynonie Harris 10-11-2013 23:16

Love it! A genuine hellfire-and-damnation Godbotherer. You don't get this sort of entertainment on Blackburnweb! :D

dotti34 10-11-2013 23:22

Religion, sex and politics, have been and still are the cause of so many problems in the world - but of the three I know which I would rather have......and it ain't religion or politics.......

MargaretR 10-11-2013 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083007)
Religion, sex and politics, have been and still are the cause of so many problems in the world - but of the three I know which I would rather have......and it ain't religion or politics.......

I have long since abandoned all three, and find life peaceful :D

Restless 10-11-2013 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082993)
"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also."

Isn't the Internet a wonderful communicator?

You didn't get it. Oh well

dotti34 10-11-2013 23:33

Earlier on this thread you likened yourself to being an ordinary bloke like Billy Graham. He was no 'ordinary' bloke - made a lot of money out of such-like as you I would say. Not my cup of tea.

Restless 10-11-2013 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1082994)
i have to say, if this is what the chosen few have to look forward to in heaven, then send me to hell.

"Hendrix is on harp tonight" -Bill Hicks

Restless 10-11-2013 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083012)
"Hendrix is on harp tonight" -Bill Hicks

Silly restless got that joke the wrong way around

Less 11-11-2013 00:17

Christian Science

Well the vibes are coming through, I sense a dingle, but a dingle from where?
I get a sense of a medium sized town beginning with a c, Colne, no no can't be Colne, it's not a c it's... A b, Burnley yes a strong sense of Burnley, why does Lucas Aerospace keep raising itself in my images?
Of course if I had something of his such as a Bible to hold the images would come through stronger.
Lucas Aero space, why does it seem like old news? Because of death? No not death retirement.
Well, God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform, doesn't he Kevin?

Eric 11-11-2013 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1082904)
Well, that is the biggest pile of bull you've put on today, not even worth quoting, I suspect you may just be getting close to losing it, can I watch?

Seems as if he has a purpose in life ... making C'mon look good, real good:rolleyes:

Eric 11-11-2013 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1082880)

To be a christian you do not have to nail your colours to the mast......

An interesting choice of metaphor ... :D

Eric 11-11-2013 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083002)
Nowadays they seem to be reverting back

In what other direction can one "revert":confused:

Alan Varrechia 11-11-2013 00:53

1 Attachment(s)
This sums it up nicely for me. :D:D:D

Eric 11-11-2013 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082913)
Hi Eric,
Nice to see you.

Have a nice day:o

Now I get it ... you work as a Walmart greeter; and you do the god thing on the side.

dotti34 11-11-2013 06:14

On a serious note, K99WARD, how can you truly believe in the faith that you are preaching to us when such terrible things are happening in the world even as we write on this thread. For instance the absolute devastation in the Philippines – a deeply religious nation. Is this their reward for believing?
Now start to spout off about why this sort of thing happens. I know you will have some ridiculous reason why it is so. Maybe something about suffering brings us closer to everlasting life or some such twaddle. Or that your God is angry with all the sinners in the world and so the innocent have to suffer, etc., etc., blah! blah! blah!
Sorry fellow Webbers for bringing a bit of gloom and doom to the thread but I have just been watching the devastation on the news – and it is so terrible….
…then I was reminded of all the religious quotes that have been posted from this man (I was going to say nutter – but as I don’t know him I will keep that opinion of him to myself).