Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Christian Science (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/christian-science-19196.html)

Restless 21-03-2014 15:35

Re: Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1098816)
Neil how much longer are we going to have to put up with this stupid bible thumper.

untill he breaks the rules i guess. Don't worry. His kind do it eventually

Less 21-03-2014 15:49

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1098817)
untill he breaks the rules i guess. Don't worry. His kind do it eventually

He already did and had a couple of posts removed, no doubt he'll be on a warning.

Less 21-03-2014 15:55

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1098814)
he will make your paths straight.

Well, he's obviously never been to Hyndburn, have you seen the state of the pavements down town?

JCB 21-03-2014 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1098814)

If you are in any doubt about the place names mentioned above then consult Google for the answers.

I am not so much bothered about consulting Google about place names as consulting you as to why you continue to evade answering a question I have asked you umpteen times .

To remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .

DaveinGermany 21-03-2014 18:37

If this thread is going to be all about quotes!

[Ezekiel 25:17 ] (according to Jules = Mr.W)
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Gets my vote! ;)

K99WARD 21-03-2014 18:59

Here's a nice quote that cannot possibly upset anyone.

"There is a way that seems right to a man but the ends thereof are the ways of death"

You appeal to Neil but he has told you the correct way already. Nobody visited this thread for four months and yet when I called in just to wish you a happy Easter many of you pounced within 30 minutes. Now what is obnoxious about wishing somebody a happy Easter? Just read your posts and ask yourself who is being aggressive. I dare say that some of you have broken the forum rules too but let's not be too pedantic about that.

Let's all be friends in the Lord. Somebody must like me—see, I got two likes. Okay not much but us believers have to be a little forgiving. It is not an easy job but the rewards are great. :)

Gordon Booth 21-03-2014 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1098838)

[Ezekiel 25:17 ] (according to Jules = Mr.W)
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

He got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning, didn't he?

DaveinGermany 21-03-2014 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1098844)
He got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning, didn't he?

Oh I don't know, sounds like a normal day to me! :D

Margaret Pilkington 21-03-2014 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1098843)

Nobody visited this thread for four months and yet when I called in just to wish you a happy Easter many of you pounced within 30 minutes. Now what is obnoxious about wishing somebody a happy Easter?

Let's all be friends in the Lord. Somebody must like me—see, I got two likes. Okay not much but us believers have to be a little forgiving. It is not an easy job but the rewards are great. :)

What is obnoxious about you wishing us a Happy Easter?...Well, there would be nothing wrong if it were Easter tomorrow....but Easter is something like a month away(or slightly less). You wishing us a Happy Easter is something we don't want, we don't need and is just another ploy for you to start your bible thumping ways.
You really don't get it. We do not want to hear your message.
And we certainly don't want to hear it the way you deliver it.

Margaret Pilkington 21-03-2014 19:11

And just to clarify things....you do not have two friends...you have two likes.

gpick24 21-03-2014 19:17

Quote:

Nobody visited this thread for four months

How do you know no one visited?
Quote:

...yet when I called in just to wish you a happy Easter many of you pounced within 30 minutes....

Not true, there was one reply within 30 minutes (just) which welcomed you back.

westendlass 21-03-2014 19:46

Three little letters - OCD. Just a thought. I've met people like this and they've always turned out to be the most intolerant, judgmental and self satisfied, smug 'human beings'. Obviously something went wrong somewhere in life where religion came along like a life raft to hang on to like life itself. K99, take a chill pill and stop taking pleasure out of bating people for your own pleasure, it's not very Christian of you!

Less 21-03-2014 19:55

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1098847)
And just to clarify things....you do not have two friends...you have two likes.

Yes just like his twisted version of the gospel the truth about likes isn't exactly there.
One of those likes was from me, without searching for the actual post I put on about it went something like this:-
I've given you a like because I think you should have one before you go.

He is a pain but it could be worse instead of just having him as a virtual priest on here he could be your next door neighbour, now that is a hell on Earth not worth contemplating.

westendlass 21-03-2014 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1098852)
Three little letters - OCD. Just a thought. I've met people like this and they've always turned out to be the most intolerant, judgmental and self satisfied, smug 'human beings'. Obviously something went wrong somewhere in life where religion came along like a life raft to hang on to like life itself. K99, take a chill pill and stop taking pleasure out of bating people for your own pleasure, it's not very Christian of you!

I missed the eye out of baiting. Just a correction. :)

K99WARD 21-03-2014 20:45

I had a lovely wife for 27 years. She is now with the Lord, God bless her. She wasn't a head turner but her beauty was innermost. Do you know, we never had a single argument during our marriage. Even 20 years on I still appreciate her and look forward to meeting her in heaven.

Now who can equal that?