Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Christian Science (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/christian-science-19196.html)

K99WARD 10-11-2013 20:28

Re: Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1082955)

Did you know that crossing one's fingers is a way of making the sign of the cross. Not many people know that. There are many idioms in common speech that originate in the bible like for example, "A little bird told me" when a person does not wish to disclose a source.

Ecclesiastes 10:20 KJV King James Version
Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber : for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter.

dotti34 10-11-2013 20:31

Wow! Just got up (morning here of course) and decided to start the day off with a look at Accy Web while having my usual shot of caffeine. Always enjoy this start to the day - but this morning I have had a rude awakening (and not of the religious sort!). I am absolutely gobsmacked at all the drivel from K99WARD, is he having us on? Still it takes all sorts, and we all have a right to our opinions. Just shouldn't bombard others with it.
I notice he has only just joined - but I would think he has written more words in this short time than most of us have written over the years, though hopefully ours have been of more interest or whatever.
Certainly loves to see himself in print - wonder if he likes to hear himself talk as much.
After reading some of his spouting off (can't bring myself to read all of it!!!) think I'll go back to bed for the day.....

gpick24 10-11-2013 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082959)
Did you know that crossing one's fingers is a way of making the sign of the cross.

Wow, crossing your fingers makes a cross, who`d have thought it.:rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082959)
Not many people know that..

And even less care.

Margaret Pilkington 10-11-2013 20:50

This is going to be a bit of a thread wander, but I reckon we deserve it.

K99....I don't know if you know this,but what you have done today is really very bad mannered. and I know that people of your age set great store by good manners.

You have come onto this forum, started a contentious thread and pontificated all day without having introduced yourself.
We know absolutely nothing about you, other than you are and evangelistic christian who seems to have an answer for everything and dismisses the opinions of others who frequent this forum.
Your bad manners is akin to me coming into your home, sitting down at your table and dipping my bread into your gravy.
Now I don't know what the etiquette of other forums might be......but here you should introduce yourself.

dotti34 10-11-2013 20:55

Btw, I wonder how many 'good deeds' K99WARD does....wouldn't have much time to spare to help others after looking up all the quotes he is so fond of using and so very kindly sharing them with us.....
.....am crossing my fingers that he has run out of things to say. Don't think it will work somehow.

Neil 10-11-2013 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082830)
Hi again Margaret,
We don't get Mormons round our way but I have invited them from work in the past. We get plenty of JW's though and surprise, surprise, they give my house a wide berth. We occasionally get new ones who don't know and have to be rescued from turning blue with cold by their colleagues. I did once complain to their head office that they were not doing their job properly and they sent two of their senior people round but they keep well clear these days.

I am glad that you at least think about going to church Margaret but very much more is required than just thinking. The bible says, "ye must be born again."

Sorry but I am not sure I believe you. It's usually the other way round and christian ministers avoids JW's because of the way most religions bend the bible to mean what they want it to mean

DtheP47 10-11-2013 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1082827)
YOU are told not we.
I have had religion coming out of my ears I choose my own path, it is often littered with the corpses of those that insist they a right and I am wrong.
Funnily enough, those that I meet and allow me my own way, find that I am more than willing to allow them theirs.
!

Bit of hypocricy here Wizz when we read the Geese and Peacocks thread eh?
gotta go...I can't type anymore cos' my stigmata is itching like billyO

Less 10-11-2013 21:26

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1082973)
Bit of hypocricy here Wizz when we read the Geese and Peacocks thread eh?
gotta go...I can't type anymore cos' my stigmata is itching like billyO

Ah there you are, wondered when you'd make an appearance, not to contribute just to display the bitterness you need to push in my direction.
You are a very sad man and I use the term man in the loosest possible term.
Get yourself a life because you can't ruin mine.

Margaret Pilkington 10-11-2013 21:30

Less, do you think it is time I went out and got those slug pellets from the garage?

Less 10-11-2013 21:33

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1082977)
Less, do you think it is time I went out and got those slug pellets from the garage?

No thanks Margaret, just allow him his pathetic little ways, while he's trolling me someone in the real world probably hasn't got him ruining their life.
:)

K99WARD 10-11-2013 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1082960)
Wow! Just got up (morning here of course) and decided to start the day off with a look at Accy Web while having my usual shot of caffeine. Always enjoy this start to the day - but this morning I have had a rude awakening (and not of the religious sort!). I am absolutely gobsmacked at all the drivel from K99WARD, is he having us on? Still it takes all sorts, and we all have a right to our opinions. Just shouldn't bombard others with it.
I notice he has only just joined - but I would think he has written more words in this short time than most of us have written over the years, though hopefully ours have been of more interest or whatever.
Certainly loves to see himself in print - wonder if he likes to hear himself talk as much.
After reading some of his spouting off (can't bring myself to read all of it!!!) think I'll go back to bed for the day.....

Hi dotti,

I wonder what they teach at school these days. Does one take 'A' levels in Agnostics?

K99WARD 10-11-2013 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1082978)
No thanks Margaret, just allow him his pathetic little ways, while he's trolling me someone in the real world probably hasn't got him ruining their life.
:)

Hi Margaret,

What makes you all come to this thread. It's been dead for ages and then I come and you all wake up. Why not try another thread? Remember that it is fuel that makes a fire.

Proverbs 26:20
English Standard Version (ESV)
20 For lack of wood the fire goes out,
and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases. :rolleyes:

gpick24 10-11-2013 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082982)
Hi Margaret,

What makes you all come to this thread. It's been dead for ages and then I come and you all wake up. Why not try another thread? Remember that it is fuel that makes a fire.

Because you`ve revived it. It shows up as a when you click a certain button (not going to give you any clues), and it`s probably best to keep it going then you don`t start preaching on other threads.

Less 10-11-2013 22:02

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082982)
Hi Margaret,

Excuse me? We were talking off topic there, so that post doesn't count.

Concern ye not with what isn't worthy of thy concern.
Book of the bull AccyWeb version.

K99WARD 10-11-2013 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1082969)
Sorry but I am not sure I believe you. It's usually the other way round and christian ministers avoids JW's because of the way most religions bend the bible to mean what they want it to mean

You are right of course, Margaret, but that is because most Ministers haven't taken the trouble to study the cults. The churches in the main these days no longer preach the gospel. If they did they would have no congregations. TV represents the church as a lot of weaklings and most of them are. It takes guts and God to stand up for the faith. Jesus said, "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."