Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2009, 17:13   #46
Senior Member+

Re: 2011 Census

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Quite right, so get everyone together and we can sort this mess out instead of just asking the questions.

Or is that easier said that done??
Defenatly easier said than done.

Where would you start?

A idea would be us as the people the soverigns of this country reallise that we ellect the goverment so really they work for us. We should have a greater imput on the law/leglislations that apply are made. (but this is a topic for another debate sometime).
Old 13-05-2009, 17:34   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post

Would they not have all this information already though (Birth & Deaths)? and to leave a gap of 10 years? doesnt give a true statistic IMO.
Not enough information here ... only registring the child's birth for example (and in the main, who the fathers is ), but not saying whether they will be living together and how many siblings, relations will be living in a specific household at a given time, which is the whole point of the census. Can link up a step father to a child in the same household, and not presume that the biological father will be there, he will probably be living with another family ... as is happening more and more these days.

Planning to build new facilities cannot be done overnight. How will your local council decide how many refuse bins will be needed within the next 10 years and to allocate their funds accordingly LOL.... would have to do their own census ... so back to square one ....

Quote:
Defenatly easier said than done.

Where would you start?

A idea would be us as the people the soverigns of this country reallise that we ellect the goverment so really they work for us. We should have a greater imput on the law/leglislations that apply are made. (but this is a topic for another debate sometime).
Again, as you stated, we elect our Government to make the majority of decisions for us. What is the alternative if we, the people, were to decide on all laws/legislation ? ... more form filling in I'm afraid, and never any agreements.

I, myself, would not have the legal and economic knowledge to decide on certain issues, and sure plenty like me. (Just know what the next post is gonna' say .. )
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 18:22   #48

Here you go, the law that says you must do it if you want to look for exemptions

Now just remember all, put "Jedi" down as your religion
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 19:02   #49
God Member

All the census will show is that there are just too many people on that little island of yours
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 19:18   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post

Now just remember all, put "Jedi" down as your religion
Not compulsory Mattylad.
Old 13-05-2009, 19:19   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
All the census will show is that there are just too many people on that little island of yours
And the country of your birth Eric .. .sure you will show up on a Census at sometime when released ...
Old 13-05-2009, 19:20   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Not compulsory Mattylad.
What isn't ... being a Jedi
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 19:49   #53
Senior Member+

Seem to recall that a census was the reason that Jesus ended up being born in the stable, and the info in the Domesday Book came from a similar exercise. I think it's a valuable tool if used correctly, and I can't really understand the paranoia being exhibited in the replies here.
Old 13-05-2009, 20:06   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What isn't ... being a Jedi
Daft sod ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Seem to recall that a census was the reason that Jesus ended up being born in the stable, and the info in the Domesday Book came from a similar exercise. I think it's a valuable tool if used correctly, and I can't really understand the paranoia being exhibited in the replies here.
Think they were originally done, even in our Middle Ages to know who to collect taxes from or where the young men were to serve in the military. Not now of course.
Old 13-05-2009, 23:53   #55
Senior Member+

kinda reminds me of the asimov novel pebble in the sky
Old 14-05-2009, 07:57   #56
God Member

It's the way UK Ltd does an inventory of resources - a cattle round-up of sorts.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 08:46   #57

Might not be compulsory but it got it made a religion, I wonder if it will be included on the next one as an option?

Perhaps we can start spreading the idea to put another new religion down, perhaps the "church of the web addict"
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 08:49   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Your right I do have the option, fine up to £1.000 not that big really.

How would they know If I filled it in correctly or not.
Ve hav vays of making you conform and if you think that a grand ain't much, any chance of a rough sub till better days
Old 14-05-2009, 08:55   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It's the way UK Ltd does an inventory of resources - a cattle round-up of sorts.
What you talking about Margaret, Head um up move um out
Old 14-05-2009, 08:57   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Might not be compulsory but it got it made a religion, I wonder if it will be included on the next one as an option?

Perhaps we can start spreading the idea to put another new religion down, perhaps the "church of the web addict"
The broad church of Accy Web sonds just right mattylad

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..