Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2021, 14:29   #16
Beacon of light

Re: 2021 Neologisms

Ambitchous - a woman who knows what she wants and how to get it.
Less and DaveinGermany like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-12-2021, 14:32   #17
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Because we can mate! English is a "monumental" language, our "profundity" to express ourselves with our "immeasurable" options, only found with our English "vernacular" are second to none!

Plus it totally screws up Johnny foreigner (and admittedly some of our own), all part of being British & because obviously God was an Englishman, he blessed us with such a divine aptitude for language.
Also, knowledge makes you less fitted to be a slave.
Old 24-12-2021, 14:36   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Now I don't think god was an Englishman, like many people from foreign lands he may wish he was but he ain't and here's the proof:-
He laboured for six days then rested on the seventh, well any upstanding British business man would have put out a tender on the first day employed the cheapest quote and rested the six following days.
monkey hanger likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 15:43   #19

Speculator - an online company that sends out glasses through the post.
Old 24-12-2021, 16:35   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
He laboured for six days then rested on the seventh,

That at least guarantees he certainly wasn't froggish, I still reckon he was an Englishman though, but was probably hired on by a labour council, sort of worked for 5 days (lets face it looking at the state of the world, so screwed up it can only be labours doing!), double time on the 6th & was pished on the 7th so unable to work.
Old 24-12-2021, 17:12   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Don't know what I'm doing half the time, this was originally a duplicate of the above, so a word of warning, drinking beer & nipping whisky while online has consequences.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 24-12-2021 at 17:16.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 18:54   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Gingernuts! Do I really need to explain this one? Lets just say Harry & Ed Sheeran possess such artifacts.
Old 24-12-2021, 19:43   #23

Quote:
Don't know what I'm doing half the time, this was originally a duplicate of the above, so a word of warning, drinking beer & nipping whisky while online has consequences.

I don't often drink whisky, but just on a whim, I bought a bottle for christmas, a single malt seeing this post I thought why not? So I opened it early, all the whiskies I have enjoyed I would have a sniff at and there would be a niff of 'come on in the flavour is lovely', this one, when I breathed in the fumes, took me back to when I was about six full of the flu and finding it hard to breathe, a medicine supposed to do you good but was so awful even though your parents were suffering just as badly they didn't take it.

I finally took a swallow, it tasted just like that medicine, the whole of the bottle has gone straight down the drain, how can people sell such crap on the open market?
Old 24-12-2021, 20:15   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

You Sir, are a heathen, a vulgarian of the highest order! If as you say it was a single malt, it was obviously not one from a reputable house.

Wee McScrote distilleriers or anything outside of Scottyland & at a push the emerald Isle doesn't qualify or even quantify as A "Single Malt Whisky", so "Heil ye yon & beil yer heid!"
taddy likes this.
Old 24-12-2021, 20:20   #25

Quote:
You Sir, are a heathen, a vulgarian of the highest order! If as you say it was a single malt, it was obviously not one from a reputable house.

Wee McScrote distilleriers or anything outside of Scottyland & at a push the emerald Isle doesn't qualify or even quantify as A "Single Malt Whisky", so "Heil ye yon & beil yer heid!"

I admit it, it was a shameful purchase, know nowt about buying whisky, have always had it bought for me in the past.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 24-12-2021, 21:23   #26
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I finally took a swallow, it tasted just like that medicine, the whole of the bottle has gone straight down the drain, how can people sell such crap on the open market?
Because they know people will buy it.
Hateful stuff…devils wee wee…..yes son…that makes me a heathen.
I have to say I haven’t ever plucked up the courage to ever taste it….but if it smells rank…then why would you put it in your mouth?
Old 24-12-2021, 21:35   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
….but if it smells rank…then why would you put it in your mouth?

A dare, bet, money, or just drunken bravado, other options are available but lets try & keep within the bounds of social decency here.
Old 25-12-2021, 08:13   #28

[QUOTE=Less;1261581]I admit it, it was a shameful purchase, know nowt about buying whisky, have always had it bought for me in the past.

If you stick to the Rolls Royce of Highland Malts, "The Macallan" and the best from the Emerald Isle, Tullamore Dew", then you wont go far wrong but you will need a big cheque to pay for the big licks.
I tend to sample the odd one or two glasses in between a bottle or three of Hobgoblin, (but only at Christmas), that way they last a bit longer.
DaveinGermany likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2021, 08:18   #29

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1261588]

I have to say I haven’t ever plucked up the courage to ever taste it….but if it smells rank…then why would you put it in your mouth?

The name says it all, "Aqua Vita", the water of life.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2021, 09:09   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
If you stick to the Rolls Royce of Highland Malts, "The Macallan" and the best from the Emerald Isle, Tullamore Dew"

Not bad choices there Tadmeister, but the "Mac" has gotten to big for its boots & is asking far to high a price for a reasonable Dram, I'd suggest the Glen Grant, Dalwhinnie 15 (Winters Gold is worth a look too) or even Glendronach for a reasonably priced drop from Scottyland.

As to the Oirish, the Jameson as advocated by "My father Dear" & from a real live Leprechaun I once met at a Whisky festival, "Oi wuden drink dat shoite, a proper drink is Redbreast!" I was reliably informed so, take that on board, if you will or not as the case may be.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..