Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The lure of shopping (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-lure-of-shopping-27684.html)

WillowTheWhisp 14-01-2007 16:09

The lure of shopping

Yesterday Busman and I had the afternoon to ourselves, which makes a change, and he decided to take me somewhere he'd taken a coach trip to. Now it may seem like an odd place to take a coach trip but I've done a bit of a google and they do an interesting presentation for parties of 10 or more apparently.

Anyway there only being the two of us we just went for a mooch round - the place being Rourke's Forge on Accrington Road Burnley.

We weren't intending to buy anything you understand, just to have a look at the lovely wrought iron work and the beautiful gates. There are some gorgeous ones and if ever we get a house big enough I'd love the gates with all the iron roses twined round.

So there we were, just looking at things we had no intention of buying so how come we came out with two, not one but two candle holders and a bell? Not only that - we ordered a dining room table and four chairs!:D

To cap it off we also went to Bardon Mill and bought a few more "bargains" there.

flashy 14-01-2007 16:24

Re: The lure of shopping

i know exactly what you mean willow....i have a thing about shoes, boots and hand bags......i bought yet another pair of knee boots the other day, i didnt need them, but they just shouted at me to buy them, same with my pink stilettos, didnt need them but they're gorgeous, everytime i go to manchester i always manage to come home with a new bag, went to belgium and came home with a tweety pie bag cos it was cute n pink....i dont even like tweety bloody pie....what is the world coming to eh? ;)

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 16:28

Shopping my favourite hobby :D

Got to admit though, I do more and more of it sat at the pc these days. If mthead will insist on leaving me alone at the pc with my credit card that's his fault ;)

WillowTheWhisp 14-01-2007 16:35

It's not our fault - it's these beautiful things that just call out to us - "buy me, buy me"

lol@ the tweetie pie handbag

If you like wrought ironwork I do recommend Rourke's Forge though. They've made some very famous gates.

flashy 14-01-2007 16:42

no it aint a handbag willow, its a satchal type bag lol

WillowTheWhisp 14-01-2007 16:47

One of those backpack things?

Look at that! I'm thread wandering in my own thread now!!

SPUGGIE J 14-01-2007 16:49

Its usually fishing gear with me unless in a supermarket and then anything can happen. :o

flashy 14-01-2007 16:50

lol i thread wandered yesterday and apologised to myself..........no it aint a back pack....must i really take a pic of it?

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 16:57

Forget the bag!! I'm more worried about you purchasing PINK STILLETTOS :eek: !!!!!!

SPUGGIE J 14-01-2007 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 367472)
Forget the bag!! I'm more worried about you purchasing PINK STILLETTOS :eek: !!!!!!

What about the rest of the pink outfit? MAybe its a Barbie doll fetish. :eek: ;)

flashy 14-01-2007 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 367472)

havent you seen them? ive had them for ages:D
along wi mi whore boots :p

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 17:14

No I haven't, I think your going to have to post a pic of them ;)

LOL! Whore boots!! Wonder what I did with mine all those years ago? :rolleyes:

flashy 14-01-2007 17:15

lol thats why i call them whore boots hahahahahahaha ohhhhhhhh the memories

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 17:20

What type of whore boots are they? Are they zip up ones or laced up the front like mine were?

....... and stop changing the subject from these dodgy pink stilettos you've been buying! ;) :D

accymel 14-01-2007 17:42

Back to subject...

I dont like shopping too darn stressful at times, cos when i have money theres nothing left or bargains to behold & when i dont have the money grr all the flipping bargins i could wish for are on & theres things i want but cant buy :(

Ah hum hopefully one day it will sync right:rolleyes: