Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Gay Parade For Accy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/gay-parade-for-accy-27968.html)

maxwell silver 23-01-2007 18:24

Gay Parade For Accy

Tonights Telegraph has an interview with a bloke who is pushing for a annual gay parade for Accrington.His reasons behind this idea is that Accy is missing out on the pink pound,there is no visible gay scene and as with Manchester & Blackpool,maybe a thriving gay scene would bring in international visitors who will spend & invest in the town.Anyway,the crunch question...how well do you think a gay parade will be welcomed through the streets of Accy?Will it be the big colourful mardi gras of say,Manchester(so i'm told) or ,as i think it would be,a bottle throwing,abuse giving,good day out for the chavs:rolleyes:

flashy 23-01-2007 18:26

Re: Gay Parade For Accy

that would be wicked to see, i'd definately go and watch it, gone are the days where gays where frowned upon, each to there own i say...and i think it would be a great idea :D

grego 23-01-2007 18:27

I'd have nothing against it, it would only be strange because of the lack of gay scene in Accrington, there would be no reason for them to have one here and I dont think Accrington could attract the numbers that Manchester does.

slinky 23-01-2007 18:28

Well I have always wanted to go to manchester's gay festivals..............So I for one would go to the one in ACCRINGTON, and I wouldn't be throwing bottles.....why would I want to do that!!! people are what people are whether that is a tolerant person or a small minded bigot :(

mani 23-01-2007 18:30

i just cant see it workin in accy 2 b honest

its like in south park when they try to get the gay parade there and it just goes all awry

bring it on cartman! *L*

pipinfort 23-01-2007 18:40

personally i think its a good idea but not for accy, the manchester one`s a great day out, even for families with a great atmosphere allround but in accrington i think there would be a lot of trouble caused by the narrow minded chav`s etc..... shame but true

garinda 23-01-2007 18:48

Found the story.

http://www.lancashireeveningtelegrap...pink_pound.php

It would never work. Manchester has one of the biggest Pride festivals in the world, and it's so close to us here. Even cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh struggle to do anything like this, and find alternating the event between the two cities is the only way to attract enough support.

I think it's just a way to publicise his shop...and besides he'd have no chance of being the Carnival Queen.:D

garinda 23-01-2007 18:50

The positive posts so far on here so far though, I find heart warming, and makes me realise how far society has moved on.

flashy 23-01-2007 18:52

isnt that what i just said???

maxwell silver 23-01-2007 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 373300)
The positive posts so far on here so far though, I find heart warming, and makes me realise how far society has moved on.

Rindy i think maybe thats because the majority of us on here,although we all have our moments,are'nt narrow minded bigots and would listen to both sides of an arguement/debate before casting judgement.Your average burberry clad youth may not be as broad minded or inclined to think in such a reasoned manner.If you get my drift.

mani 23-01-2007 19:06

also i think if there were any homophobes on here they wudnt exactly post that view on here

garinda 23-01-2007 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver (Post 373307)
Rindy i think maybe thats because the majority of us on here,although we all have our moments,are'nt narrow minded bigots and would listen to both sides of an arguement/debate before casting judgement.Your average burberry clad youth may not be as broad minded or inclined to think in such a reasoned manner.If you get my drift.

Won't here be a float from Accy's Burberry clad wearin' gay/bi/transgender yoof group then?:D

Can't see them getting the same crowds outside the Town Hall as they do in Brazil.;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...zil-45409.jpeg

garinda 23-01-2007 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 373309)
also i think if there were any homophobes on here they wudnt exactly post that view on here

Maybe, maybe not, but for three or so young women to say that it sounds a good day out, is fairly positive.

flashy 23-01-2007 19:19

oh uncle rindy i love you.....calling me young :D

SamF 23-01-2007 21:39

No chance of it working in accy.