Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   films that scared you (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/films-that-scared-you-28215.html)

entwisi 02-02-2007 22:02

films that scared you

so I am sat here watching "Island of Dr Moreau"

I know that as a kid I saw this and it scared me ****less, now it still scares me for no reason whatsoever.

So, what did you see that you shouldn't that really scared you?

WillowTheWhisp 02-02-2007 22:05

Re: films that scared you

I know I've said this loads of times but the one that really does it for me is "Night of the Demon" and black and white film with Dana Andrews.

"The Moonspinners" has one scene that made me jump.

Gayle 02-02-2007 22:09

The Incredible Melting Man!

Scared the living daylights out of me. I went to see it with my mum and dad when I was about 13/14 then they dropped me off at home and popped out for a quick drink, which is something that the rarely did. Omg, I have never been so scared - I ended up phoning my Grandad so that I had someone to talk to. He was going to come over but my mum and dad came back - they'd been out for less than half an hour probably. I'd probably laugh at it now but omg, omg, omg!

Oh, and Dr Who!

magpie 02-02-2007 22:09

eight days later ..... it could happen:

maxwell silver 02-02-2007 22:20

The original The Haunting...where she had her hand out of the bed and swore blind there was someone holding her hand,but no one there:eek: & in gothic black & white to boot.Terrified me,faces in the wall and everything,never been the same since.

WillowTheWhisp 02-02-2007 22:27

I can't remember the name of the episode but there was a series of scary stories on TV once introduced by David Buck. One was set in a library. I was watching it with my cousin, our parents were out for the evening. This spooky dead guy was tap tap tapping along the bookshelves and we were huddled together on the hearthrug watching by firelight when there came a tap tap tapping at the window! We both nearly leapt out of our skin! It was my mother. She said she hadn't wanted to startle us by making a loud noise at the front door!!! :rolleyes:

grannyclaret 02-02-2007 22:28

Solvent Green.....it must be years ago

maxwell silver 02-02-2007 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 378606)
Solvent Green.....it must be years ago

Charlton Heston,not scared of bieng made into food for the masses are you Granny,happens all the time at the pie factory (alledgedly).Well,once .Alledgedly.

cashman 02-02-2007 22:45

any elvis film is scarey, hell of a singer but missed the oscars by a mile.;)

grannyclaret 02-02-2007 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver (Post 378617)
Charlton Heston,not scared of bieng made into food for the masses are you Granny,happens all the time at the pie factory (alledgedly).Well,once .Alledgedly.

:eat: :idunno: :smile8:

maxwell silver 02-02-2007 22:51

I don't know ,i was All Shook Up after watching some of those Elvis films.He's not dead you know.

grannyclaret 02-02-2007 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver (Post 378630)
I don't know ,i was All Shook Up after watching some of those Elvis films.He's not dead you know.

HE WAS LAST SEEN IN THE PICK AND MIX IN WOOLWORTHS.....;)

maxwell silver 02-02-2007 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 378631)
HE WAS LAST SEEN IN THE PICK AND MIX IN WOOLWORTHS.....;)

Serving or as a sweet:D

Mancie 02-02-2007 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 378582)
I know I've said this loads of times but the one that really does it for me is "Night of the Demon"

great film

Mancie 02-02-2007 23:06

the very last scene in "carrie" when the arm comes from the grave and grabs her...made me jump even the second time