Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 09:36   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: £30 Extra To Have Your Green Bin Emptied !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I doubt that very much, flytippers are Lazy Scumbags simple as.
Not so sure about that Cashy, the "Lazy" that is, after all they load it up in a car, drive some distance from their house, then dump their crap in someone elses jurisdiction, quite a lot of work really!
Old 09-07-2017, 10:29   #32
God Member

charges and unnecessary rules increase fly tipping

this has been proven by the sharp rise in fly tipping since the very day the charges for household waste came in to effect a few years back

yet still the council wont learn and still have these ridiculous charges at the tip

as far as im concerned anything that comes from your house is house hold waste and should be free of charge to dispose of

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 21:36   #33

£30 a year is only the start of it.Put grass cuttings in a bin bag let it settle a few days,tie bag up and put in black bin,same with cuttings.Let bigger stuff dry then burn it along with cardboard and other stuff then they wont get any recycling money,play them at their own game,i personally haven,t got time or energy to clean out plastic and glass jars or tin cans so sod them all in one bin.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:35   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Don't waste the plastic bin bag, we send enough to land fill. Just put your green waste into your non recycling bin and it settles better anyway. I prod with a spade helps as well
KiTChener likes this.
Old 05-09-2017, 18:32   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Don't waste the plastic bin bag, we send enough to land fill. Just put your green waste into your non recycling bin and it settles better anyway. I prod with a spade helps as well
Go wild and really upset the greenies, concrete over the lot.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:04   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

this has been proven by the sharp rise in fly tipping since the very day the charges for household waste came in to effect a few years back

yet still the council wont learn and still have these ridiculous charges at the tip
same in my neck of the woods. fly tipping was rare till these charges came in now its as common as roadworks.

Last edited by Neil; 09-09-2017 at 03:24. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:33   #37
Junior Member+

If this was France, the council members would have a good sized compost heap in their front gardens by now.
Chris Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 13:53   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cross View Post
If this was France, the council members would have a good sized compost heap in their front gardens by now.
In Brittany you take your green waste to the tip yourself - then you can go back in April, or thereabouts, and collect as much compost as you want for free. Recyclables go into yellow single use bags which you then have to take to collection points in your neighbourhood.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-09-2017, 16:11   #39
God Member

some councils are now doing 3 week collections

brace yourself its going to get worse as our council soon copies others when they realize others have got away with it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..