Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2017, 18:05   #1

£30 Extra To Have Your Green Bin Emptied !!

Just had a letter through the door pay £30 by 23rd July or it's stopped !! Bad enough fortnightly household collections but now another £30 for garden waste makes you wonder what your Council Tax is for surely this could have been spread on your Council Tax £2 Quid ish a month more ?
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2017, 18:24   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: £30 Extra To Have Your Green Bin Emptied !!

Put it in yer Grey wheelie shurm, i read somewhere today may have been Observer that yeh can.
Old 06-07-2017, 18:42   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Put it in yer Grey wheelie shurm, i read somewhere today may have been Observer that yeh can.
Have just checked its on Page 2 in todays rag.
Old 06-07-2017, 18:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just checked its on Page 2 in todays rag.
It's also in the letter they sent.

Mine will also be going into the grey bin.

Scandalous decision from the 'Powers that be'
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 19:10   #5

Yeah thanks just seen that weird ....... then again Highams is just across road hahaha or when I do the hedge I'll just leave it on the pavement to blow away !!! Bonkers
KiTChener likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 19:21   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Just had a letter through the door pay £30 by 23rd July or it's stopped !! Bad enough fortnightly household collections but now another £30 for garden waste makes you wonder what your Council Tax is for surely this could have been spread on your Council Tax £2 Quid ish a month more ?
Not everyone has a green bin so it sounds fair to just charge those that do instead of everyone.
Old 06-07-2017, 19:24   #7

Wonder what they'll do if no-one pays the £30?
Lay off the men who empty the green bins?
Or put a levy on the grey bins?
Maybe even introduce a windows tax?
Old 06-07-2017, 19:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not everyone has a green bin so it sounds fair to just charge those that do instead of everyone.
Fairly ridiculous comment, Neil.

Not everyone has kids, so why should those who don't have to contribute to the education of the offspring of others?

Just one example, with time, I'll think of others. (if I can be bothered!)
Shurm, cashman and Gremlin like this.

Last edited by KiTChener; 06-07-2017 at 19:32.
Old 06-07-2017, 19:34   #9

Well I'll not be paying it there's a disused field down the road and I'm sure others will have a similar idea.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 19:38   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Well I'll not be paying it there's a disused field down the road and I'm sure others will have a similar idea.
I know exactly where you mean, but please don't tell everyone on here where it is, there won't be room for our stuff!
Shurm likes this.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:47   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Fairly ridiculous comment, Neil.

Not everyone has kids, so why should those who don't have to contribute to the education of the offspring of others?

Just one example, with time, I'll think of others. (if I can be bothered!)
There are lots of us with gardens that were never offered a green bin. I would have paid £30 to have one. I would not be happy having my council tax increased so you could have a free green bin and me not though.

The reason for this extra charge is because they no longer have anywhere to recycle the green waste so it looks like it will all be going to landfill. Expect to see the grey bin wagon emptying the green bins as well. If you're not happy with the charge you can either take it to the tip yourself, put it in your grey bin as they have said in the letter of like a few idiots have said elsewhere fly tip it.

The bigger issue appears to be that HBC expect people who don't wish to pay for the green bin service to keep the green bin in case they change their mind or people who may live in that house in the future wish to use it.

I feel this idea is ridiculous and HBC should come and take their green bins away if the home owner asks them to.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:10   #12

I think humour is lost on you Neil, everytime you post your moaning get a grip man.

Last edited by Shurm; 07-07-2017 at 07:13.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:17   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
There are lots of us with gardens that were never offered a green bin. I would have paid £30 to have one. I would not be happy having my council tax increased so you could have a free green bin and me not though.

The reason for this extra charge is because they no longer have anywhere to recycle the green waste so it looks like it will all be going to landfill. Expect to see the grey bin wagon emptying the green bins as well. If you're not happy with the charge you can either take it to the tip yourself, put it in your grey bin as they have said in the letter of like a few idiots have said elsewhere fly tip it.

The bigger issue appears to be that HBC expect people who don't wish to pay for the green bin service to keep the green bin in case they change their mind or people who may live in that house in the future wish to use it.

I feel this idea is ridiculous and HBC should come and take their green bins away if the home owner asks them to.
rothwell avenue huoses with front back and side gardens wernt allowed a green bin

i bet they hand them out like sweets now they are charging
Shurm likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:37   #14

Why were people not given them if you had gardens and grass to cut ? Your right though I bet everyone can have one now !!
Old 07-07-2017, 07:55   #15
Senior Member+

I already pay for this service, why am I having to pay again. The green bin service is a 6 months of the year affair which makes it expensive if you only put the bin out a couple of times, it goes against the grain as I support recycling but it will go into the grey bin and then into landfill. Just a pondering but I think the uptake will be so low that the scheme will either be dropped or revert to what it is now.
Shurm and KiTChener like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..