Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/missing-child-in-portugal-madeleine-mccann-30497.html)

Tinkerbelle 09-05-2007 20:13

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owd Bert (Post 421777)
I have gone through all postings and cannot find it said that they deserved it -- where is it please?

Maybe I should just clarify for you what I actually posted :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 420847)
but some comments in this thread have only just stopped short of the mark of saying this family deserved what happened to them

aromalady 09-05-2007 20:25

well i,ve looked through all the above ,and find we are all guilty of jumping to opinions regarding other people, we may never be fully aware of all the rights and wrongs of this tragic little girls dissapearance, and pray to god she is found safe and well, both in body and mind. we,d all love hindsight, and which one of us can put hand to heart,never having said "if only". ok before you reply, circumstances will have been far different etc, but when a tragedy like this happens it,s like a pebble being thrown on a pool of water the after effect touches everyone, whose heart is not in their mouth when we hear another terrible media disclosure, nine times out of ten bad news, rarely happy endings, why? doesn,t sell papers. just hope this time it is a happy ending for everyone. then maybe some sence can be made from it all. i leave by wishing her family and friends, the strength to get through this terrible ordeal, and the love they will all need.

slinky 09-05-2007 21:00

Even though we have all had different opinions in this thread......we are all wanting the same thing, a speedy find of a poor little girl that, tonight yet again isn't where she belongs which is with her mother and father.:(

cashman 09-05-2007 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 421973)
Even though we have all had different opinions in this thread......we are all wanting the same thing, a speedy find of a poor little girl that, tonight yet again isn't where she belongs which is with her mother and father.:(

never a truer word spoken.

grannyclaret 09-05-2007 22:58

i will say amen to that too.....

davo69 09-05-2007 23:00

please please find this young girl god is there one

Less 10-05-2007 00:14

No matter what is said and even though time is gathering against it, I would love to hear that the child is returned safe and well.

That is and has always been my main priority.

slinky 10-05-2007 00:17

Just read this ................

In Portugal, police have recovered another item of child's clothing but have not commented on whether it is Madeleine's or not.
There are reports police have been passed a CCTV tape from a service station near the town where Madeleine was taken showing a woman with a girl fitting the Briton's description.
The woman urged the girl to say thank you to staff but she appeared reluctant and acted like she wanted to say something.

I don't know what to think of this.......is it a step closer to finding her....or a step further away?? It is the most information we have been given since this happened I think, but is this to get British media off there backs??

cashman 10-05-2007 00:19

sincerly hope its not bullsh1t.

grannyclaret 10-05-2007 00:19

oh my god,,,its looking bad

WillowTheWhisp 10-05-2007 07:29

I felt a little annoyed with one of the relatives on the radio this morning criticising the Portuguese police. She said that at first the family had difficulty making the police understand what had happened. So it's the police's fault that they don't speak English? How many times do we criticise foreigners here for expecting our police to understand their language? Presumably someone at the hotel could speak English and Portuguese? A holiday rep?

lillypad 10-05-2007 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 422136)
oh my god,,,its looking bad

i agree with you granny as more and more days have gone on the thought of finding her is getting further away. i just hope some info comes along and its good news.glad i'm not the parents god knows what there going through!:(

grego 10-05-2007 11:30

I dont think you can point blame on the police, when something like this happens its the last thing you expect and I dont think the family have the right to point their finger at anyone under the circumstances, just hope they find her soon it makes me go cold thinking about it, my thoughts are with them.

mthead 10-05-2007 11:59

You start getting worried when the police over there release a sketch of an E-fit with no face:confused: This is on the Telegraph website.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wmaddy110.xml

grego 10-05-2007 12:04

Thats bad, whats the point of releasing that?