Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/missing-child-in-portugal-madeleine-mccann-30497.html)

Tinkerbelle 05-05-2007 12:08

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 419814)
questionable decision about taxpayers money.

Absolutely not! Send even more over at the expense of the tax payer if it means that little girl can be brought home safely. Hell, I'd pay for it out of my own pocket if I had the money!

accymel 05-05-2007 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 419814)

Do we assume all other children in Leicestershire are safe and sound ?

Ask martyn or V hehehehehehehehehehhe:D

Dont know what the usual amount of liason officers that handle one case of missing child:confused:

accymel 05-05-2007 12:14

As much as i have sympathy with the family at this really bad time, yes im no perfect parent myself but some peoples brains go out of the window when on holiday even worse abroad!! This family is paying the consequences enough without my input on it, just hope this child is found safe & unharmed without anything sinister untoward as i get the feeling:(

lancsdave 05-05-2007 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 419815)
Absolutely not! Send even more over at the expense of the tax payer if it means that little girl can be brought home safely. Hell, I'd pay for it out of my own pocket if I had the money!

It's not their job to find her though !!

Tinkerbelle 05-05-2007 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 419819)
It's not their job to find her though !!

Yes it is, it's their job to make sure the Portugese police are doing their job properly and report back to the family on developments.

Would you have the same opinion if you knew there had been 6 family liason officers working with the Soham families?

lancsdave 05-05-2007 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 419821)
Yes it is, it's their job to make sure the Portugese police are doing their job properly and report back to the family on developments.

Would you have the same opinion if you knew there had been 6 family liason officers working with the Soham families?

I'm questioning how many it needs, not the actual need for one at all. And yes I would question why Soham needed 6 if thats what happened.

Tinkerbelle 05-05-2007 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 419822)
I'm questioning how many it needs, not the actual need for one at all. And yes I would question why Soham needed 6 if thats what happened.

LOL! Your just sore 'cus they're getting all that sunshine :D

Seriously Dave, if you read the book Holly Well's dad wrote you would see how invaluable family liaison officers are to these families.

lancsdave 05-05-2007 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 419824)
LOL! Your just sore 'cus they're getting all that sunshine :D

Far from it, have you been outside today ? :).

SPUGGIE J 05-05-2007 12:41

Forty hours since the sad episode started and it dosnt seem to be getting far but I hope the little lassie is found soon and is non the worse for this ordeal.

WillowTheWhisp 05-05-2007 14:10

"It was hours before the local police turned up and we're talking two bobbies that totally downplayed the incident and said that Maddie had maybe just wandered off."

Maybe they said that in order to try to reassure the parents that she probably hadn't come to any harm. They are hardly likely to say "OMG she's probably being raped and murdered!" are they? I think it's unfair of the relatives to be criticising the police.

panther 05-05-2007 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 419852)
Maybe they said that in order to try to reassure the parents that she probably hadn't come to any harm. They are hardly likely to say "OMG she's probably being raped and murdered!" are they? I think it's unfair of the relatives to be criticising the police.

thats just it willow, the parents are probably fearing the worst, i know if it was me i would be, its every parents nightmare!

WillowTheWhisp 05-05-2007 14:37

Which is probably why the police try to play it down in the hope that it will all turn out OK.

panther 05-05-2007 14:41

i really hope it does, hope its good news. fingers crossed!!

garinda 05-05-2007 14:41

Responding to criticism that the police had been slow to respond, Mr Encarnacao said officers arrived at the scene 10 minutes after being alerted to the disappearance.

An investigation unit began work within 30 minutes, he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6627605.stm

Lilly 05-05-2007 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by grego (Post 419588)
There were also 2yr old twin boys in the room, what surprised me was the couple are both doctors, I must admit when I first saw the news I immediately thought the parents would be chavs.

That was my first thought too.When a friend mentioned it to me I thought they must be dobbers.Just goes to show doesn't it,that we shouldn't jump to conclusions.