Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/missing-child-in-portugal-madeleine-mccann-30497.html)

MUMMIBOO 05-05-2007 18:02

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Did they not think when they left the children in the room that those children could have also been lost if there had been a fire!! the room was locked with the babies inside!

Only hope and pray the little girl is found safe and well.

grannyclaret 06-05-2007 11:09

Whatever the right and wrongs of this dreadful nightmare is,,time is marching on and that child must be petrified,,,MY PRAYERS HUMBLE AS THEY ARE ,are with her and her family...

Margaret Pilkington 06-05-2007 12:44

We should not be castigating the parents for what they did.......THEY will be punishing themselves enough without us offering our two pennorth.
Apparently the restaurant was 40 yards from their front door......I'm sure all of us have left our children playing within sight in the past. It is easy to pass judgement on something like this, but we only have the facts via newspapers etc.

cashman 06-05-2007 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 420404)
We should not be castigating the parents for what they did.......THEY will be punishing themselves enough without us offering our two pennorth.
Apparently the restaurant was 40 yards from their front door......I'm sure all of us have left our children playing within sight in the past. It is easy to pass judgement on something like this, but we only have the facts via newspapers etc.

have to disagree margaret, big differance between playing within sight n left in a room sleeping, plus these are supposedly educated people not chavs, also you can eat anywhere in europe WITH your children as europeans tend to do.whilst agreeing newspapers print sensationalist crap the fact remains= THEY LEFT THE KIDS ALONE IN A ROOM, whilst they went to feed their faces- REPREHENSIBLE. to me.

Margaret Pilkington 06-05-2007 13:02

Well, Cashie, you are right about the dining in Europe with children. Perhaps the couple felt that their children were safe because they could see the apartment. I still don't think we should be judging them......as i say, the news media can tell a story with the bias to make it newsworthy...and we may not be getting the whole story......besides, these parents will be doing their own punishment until their child is found. I always think that perhaps we could all be a bit more charitable.......and realise there but for the grace of God.

katex 06-05-2007 16:36

Well, at least the Portuguese are rallying and giving comfort without judgement.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/news/newswi..._template.html

Margaret Pilkington 06-05-2007 16:40

Yes, and isn't that a good thing......can you imagine what these parents are feeling at the moment. You wouldn't want to be in their shoes for anything.
All the parents would want to do is turn back the clock.

Tinkerbelle 06-05-2007 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 420477)
Well, at least the Portuguese are rallying and giving comfort without judgement.

I don't mind admitting I found that very hard to read. I was choking back the tears. That poor, poor family.

I really don't know how they are managing to function ... I swear, I would have to be permanently sedated.

Margaret Pilkington 06-05-2007 16:57

Compassion costs nothing. Any one of us could be in a similar position. My heart goes out to them....as it would to any mother who is living through a similar nightmare.

Less 06-05-2007 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 420482)
Compassion costs nothing. Any one of us could be in a similar position. My heart goes out to them....as it would to any mother who is living through a similar nightmare.

No problem with compassion, but they used bad judgment, if this had been a 'chav' family the press would be all over them, we all hope the little girl is returned unharmed but every child is every parents responsibility, there where enough adults in that party to make sure the children weren't left on their own.

I truly hope the child is returned unharmed, but no-one should be allowed to duck under the responsibility of how the child was left vulnerable in the first place.

:(

Margaret Pilkington 06-05-2007 17:29

Yes, Less...and we are all human and capable of making poor judgements.....and it matters not what the social standing of this family are......they are surely in a very lonely place at this moment......saying to themselves 'if only.....'

condemnation of their bad judgement doesn't help them..... and believe me thay will KNOW what millions of people are thinking......and that is that they are bad parents. They made a wrong call and we can all do that.

flashy 06-05-2007 17:34

no one heard owt yet?

grego 06-05-2007 17:36

Been watching news 24, nothing yet.

Less 06-05-2007 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 420491)
Yes, Less...and we are all human and capable of making poor judgements.....and it matters not what the social standing of this family are......they are surely in a very lonely place at this moment......saying to themselves 'if only.....'

condemnation of their bad judgement doesn't help them..... and believe me thay will KNOW what millions of people are thinking......and that is that they are bad parents. They made a wrong call and we can all do that.

Strangely Margaret, we are fighting the same side here but from different view points, I have a very large amount of sympathy for the parents and what they are going through and no matter how much, 'there but for the grace of God go I you put forward', I still say that a party of nine adults and eight children that can't ensure that the children are always supervised is showing lack of judgment and care.

I will repeat that my main concern is that the child is returned safe and well.

but taking your child/children on holiday to a strange land and leaving him/her/them alone, is almost as bad as just giving your children a tenner and saying, "mummy is off on holiday look after yourself until I get back", that isn't tolerated and nor should just assuming they will be alright in a strange bedroom.

It is negligence and that is what has caused the problem in the first place.
:(

katex 06-05-2007 17:52

I don't think anyone will diagree Less that, initially, does appear negligent of the parents, however, just hope that these thoughts are not affecting anybody's good wishes and efforts for the return of this little girl; she is the main concern at the moment.

I know they could take them with them in Europeon countries, but have found this extremely cruel at times too. Not so bad when a child is still in their pram (can sleep there anyway), but how often have you seen older children, running themselves ragged, sweating with little red faces and then the tiredness envelops them, they get slightly naughty and scoldings follow,that is not acceptable to me either.