Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/missing-child-in-portugal-madeleine-mccann-30497.html)

Tinkerbelle 06-05-2007 23:51

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 420632)
these are reasonably intelligent 'middle class' people that still either make mistakes

Don't we all make mistakes at some point! This isn't an 'I'm a better better parent than you' thread. There is a little girl out there lost, have some compassion FFS!

grannyclaret 07-05-2007 00:23

Surely There Must Be Some News Soon, Its Awfal For Us Waiting ,,how Must The Parents Be Feeling

slinky 07-05-2007 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 420745)
Surely There Must Be Some News Soon, Its Awfal For Us Waiting ,,how Must The Parents Be Feeling

I know GC, :( I am watching the news updates every hour and still nothing.

If the police over there think they know roughly where she is and they keep saying they have a artist impression why are they not moving more quickly?:confused:
I mean they probably are doing everything they can but time is ticking by.

As you say, if its awful for us waiting......what must her poor family be going through.

panther 07-05-2007 08:00

1 Attachment(s)
On Saturday, police in the Algarve said they had a "profile" of a man they suspected of kidnapping little Maddy But a Portuguese daily claims the image they have put together is based only on the rear view of a man seen with a child in the area...........why would you put a image together of someone from behind???

its been nearly 4 days ago.......and nothing, its not looking good, BUT never give up hopeAttachment 9131

flashy 07-05-2007 08:40

i take it they dont have cctv in portugal

grego 07-05-2007 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 420628)
I've been in a state of panic when I thought one of my children was missing. We were in WH Smith's in Peterborough. She was about 4 and her sister was in a pushchair. One minute she was there by our side holding hands, the next minute she's slipped away and we were frantic, looked everywhere - couldn't see her in the shop or outside in the (pedestrian) street and I was panic stricken - it turned out she'd spotted a children's reading area down the bottom end of the shop and was sitting at a table looking at books. She must have been round the other side of a shelf looking at the books when we first looked down there.

According to some of the judgements passed on this family in Portugal I'm a lousy parent and should have had both my children taken into care.

Thats totally different Willow, you did not make a decision to leave your child, she wandered off, its totally different.
Hope today brings some news, my thoughts are with them and the little girl.

panther 07-05-2007 08:50

flashytart, dont look like it, you would think they would, wouldnt you, but they say crime is low there!!

Owd Bert 07-05-2007 09:47

If AccyWeb had a weekly award for the "BEST & SENSIBLE" postings on any particular thread, and I was the adjudicator, I would award it without hesitation to LESS for his contributions to this thread.

grannyclaret 07-05-2007 10:59

I just keep thinking that the little girl must be scared to death...Poor little mite

slinky 07-05-2007 11:16

Police searching for missing Madeleine McCann are investigating reports a man was seen dragging a girl towards a marina close to the Portuguese resort where she vanished.

A balding man was reportedly seen with a young girl heading towards the marina in the town of Lagos.

On Saturday, detectives said they had a "profile" of a man they suspected of kidnapping Madeleine McCann.

But a Portuguese daily newspaper claims the image they have put together is based only on the rear view of a man seen with a child in the area.
The paper, 24 Horas, said: "The person was seen from behind.
"We see more of the back of the head and the hair rather than the actual features in the portrait of the man that was seen with a child that night."

"If police in the UK were in this situation they would try to round out the picture," he said.
"The fact that Portugese police haven't done this suggests to me they may know more than they are letting on."

grannyclaret 07-05-2007 11:58

Oh My God It Dosent Sound Good Does It?

Tinkerbelle 07-05-2007 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owd Bert (Post 420807)
If AccyWeb had a weekly award for the "BEST & SENSIBLE" postings on any particular thread, and I was the adjudicator, I would award it without hesitation to LESS for his contributions to this thread.

Everyone will have their own opinion on this situation and of course they are entitled to them ..... but some comments in this thread have only just stopped short of the mark of saying this family deserved what happened to them because of a moments misjudgement. That, I'm afraid, makes me very angry.

grego 07-05-2007 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 420847)
Everyone will have their own opinion on this situation and of course they are entitled to them ..... but some comments in this thread have only just stopped short of the mark of saying this family deserved what happened to them because of a moments misjudgement. That, I'm afraid, makes me very angry.

I'm sure no-one meant that Tinks, I for one was very shocked that she'd been left in the first place and surprised that the news reporters were making it out to be an ok thing to do. I wouldn't wish this on anyone and the poor little girl I go cold just thinking about it.

Margaret Pilkington 07-05-2007 12:38

I have to say I'm with Tinks on this one.
I know it is sometimes hard through the forum to convey just what you mean, but this family were doing what they thought was safe, it didn't turn out that way in the end. Who are we to judge? After all we only know what the media reports, and we know that that can be far from the truth.

I was particularly touched by the villagers turning out to give this family their support.......support which God only knows, they need at this terrible time.

I hope this all ends with a favourable outcome, but it is beginning to have the Holly and Jessica feel to it.

Tinkerbelle 07-05-2007 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by grego (Post 420849)
I for one was very shocked that she'd been left in the first place and surprised that the news reporters were making it out to be an ok thing to do.

When we are on a complex in Spain we could see our apartment from the restaurant, yes when our youngest where tired we went back and sat on the balacony having a beer .... but I can sort of see why they thought the kids would be safe. As Katex has already said, not many moons ago it was the norm at holiday camps like Pontins and Butlins.