Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   NHS Choose and Book (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/nhs-choose-and-book-40794.html)

polly 01-07-2008 12:16

NHS Choose and Book

Does the Choose and Book service ever run smoothly?

Today is the second time I have had occasion to u se and I just find it so frustrating, it was so much easier when they just sent you a date at the nearest hospital.

Last time I tried to us C&B , about 6 months ago all the system were down and when I did get an appolintment for my convenience the consultant canceled it.

Today it took me ages to get the right web site, then I got all confused with passwords etc. so I rang the telephone number. The answerphone advised me that 'all the operators are busy' and gave me details of the web site. With patience I managed to get through to a human, who to her credit was very nice, but she did not have details of which consultant was at which hospital, so I just had to choose a hospital at random.I choose Accy Vic and apparently that hospital has not sent details of their hospital so the Choose and Book service will pass on my details to the hospital and they will write to me!! I really think this could have happened in the first place.

But the question is does this service ever work without problems?

cashman 01-07-2008 12:23

Re: NHS Choose and Book

gotta say polly, i have used it 3 times n never had a problem, have been to Gisburn Park twice n Euxton Hall once, n service i got was first class, am going to Burnley next week fer another, from what i experianced ya must be unlucky. hope ya get sorted ok.;)

sparkie 01-07-2008 14:36

I've just been today for an appointment at guisburn park and I have to say choose and book were fab for me too. Also if you're given the option of gisburn park take it it's lovely, they will also take you and bring you back for free.

cashman 01-07-2008 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkie (Post 600926)
I've just been today for an appointment at guisburn park and I have to say choose and book were fab for me too. Also if you're given the option of gisburn park take it it's lovely, they will also take you and bring you back for free.

i usually choose gisburn park, if offered, if it aint euxton hall is as good.;)

jaysay 01-07-2008 15:40

I've used it twice and had no problems, but my friend has had two oppiontments cancelled and has got another one, in six months time, if she sees a consultant this time it will be nearly 2 years since her first enquiry

WillowTheWhisp 01-07-2008 16:56

Gisburn Park is lovely but for me I just want the soonest available as long as I can get to it.

Nori Brick 02-07-2008 10:20

I'v only used it once and never realy had a problem with it.

polly 14-07-2008 13:08

Well I am still waiting for Accrington Victoria to communicate with me, but I have had a letter from NHS Choose and Book reminding me to get in touch with them for an appointment!

I rang them in Milton Keynes and was told to ignore the reminder! What a waste of money

cashman 14-07-2008 13:47

was at burnley last week, no problem, was actually attended too 5 mins early,am booked in fer n op next month, shall see how that goes, ya must be one of the unlucky ones polly.

polly 25-07-2008 15:04

Today, 24 days after first ringing Choose and Book, my appointment arrived. Unfortunately it was not for Accrington Victoria but for Rossendale General. Ah well...............

Lilly 25-07-2008 20:27

Apparently you now get to choose which hospital you attend to give birth.

My friend is pregnant and has been asked which hospital she wants to go to.

It's only 5 years since I last gave birth but there was nowt like that in my day. :D