Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Who would be a good PM? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/who-would-be-a-good-pm-41344.html)

banjoman 25-07-2008 20:10

Who would be a good PM?

Ok so Gordon Brown not having much luck, and everyone loves to hate politicians, so who do we think would be a good PM ? I mean anyone....

I think we should have Bill Gates : Hes not doing much at the moment, and whatever you think of him at least we`ll make a profit as a country ;)

Or how about Jeremy Kyle ?

Gayle 25-07-2008 20:14

Re: Who would be a good PM?

What about Carol Vorderman? She's just quit Countdown and she'd be really good at balancing the books.

flashy 25-07-2008 20:19

Borat

Bonnyboy 25-07-2008 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 611099)
Borat

Lol yeah why not, he can have my vote :D

maxwell silver 25-07-2008 20:21

John Lydon.....30 years ago.Any celebrity chef would suitably fill the post these days:rolleyes:Bono's full of righteous hot air & hand wringing.....he'll do.Who really gives a fig,country is on it's arse anyway:(

maxwell silver 25-07-2008 20:47

I'll like to do a well publicised U turn onmy last statement & would like to say 30 years ago the late Joe Strummer would have been our guiding light.And would probarbly do a better job now,dead or not.

Royboy39 25-07-2008 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjoman (Post 611093)
Ok so Gordon Brown not having much luck, and everyone loves to hate politicians, so who do we think would be a good PM ? I mean anyone....

I think we should have Bill Gates : Hes not doing much at the moment, and whatever you think of him at least we`ll make a profit as a country ;)

Or how about Jeremy Kyle ?

Margaret Thatcher.............:hidewall::D

maxwell silver 25-07-2008 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 611113)
Margaret Thatcher.............:hidewall::D

Death wish?????:D

flashy 25-07-2008 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 611100)
Lol yeah why not, he can have my vote :D

great minds n all that hey Stevey babe ;);) lol

West Ender 25-07-2008 21:12

Well, 50 years ago I'd have said George Formby; cheerful, simple and always ready with a naughty song and a good tune on the uke - he'd have confused George W and Bin Laden and he could have convinced the economists that it had all "Turned out nice again, hasn't it?".

Now, sadly, there aren't too many likely candidates - particularly the ones in situ - so I would like to nominate our milkman. He is a great diplomat and can always give a plausible explanation if the milk's late ("No, well, there were this accident on t' M6 and all t' traffic were goin' through town an', eeh, it were a long queue at t' lights). He can also be relied on to get the finance right - every other Friday evening when he calls for the money, armed with a mini-computer that even gives a receipt. He also has a firm foreign policy ("I don't go abroad. I don't like t' food").

So, it's Darren for P.M., OK?

:p

Royboy39 25-07-2008 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 611128)
Well, 50 years ago I'd have said George Formby; cheerful, simple and always ready with a naughty song and a good tune on the uke - he'd have confused George W and Bin Laden and he could have convinced the economists that it had all "Turned out nice again, hasn't it?".

Now, sadly, there aren't too many likely candidates - particularly the ones in situ - so I would like to nominate our milkman. He is a great diplomat and can always give a plausible explanation if the milk's late ("No, well, there were this accident on t' M6 and all t' traffic were goin' through town an', eeh, it were a long queue at t' lights). He can also be relied on to get the finance right - every other Friday evening when he calls for the money, armed with a mini-computer that even gives a receipt. He also has a firm foreign policy ("I don't go abroad. I don't like t' food").

So, it's Darren for P.M., OK?

:p

The Milkman..............Come on?

andrewb 25-07-2008 21:33

How about that Tony Blair chap? ;)

Loz 25-07-2008 21:40

Jeremy Clarkson for me!
Love his views on the country and what he would do if he was P.M.
He would be controversial but reckon he would sort us all out!

Bonnyboy 25-07-2008 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 611145)
Jeremy Clarkson for me!
Love his views on the country and what he would do if he was P.M.
He would be controversial but reckon he would sort us all out!

We voted on him being PM before Loz, he did quite well - http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-pm-35919.html

Loz 25-07-2008 21:52

Cheers Bonnyboy didn't know that!
I would love him in power,he would shake things up thats for sure.