Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Tattooed Footballers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/tattooed-footballers-41345.html)

maxwell silver 25-07-2008 20:41

Tattooed Footballers

A case of more money than sense.Now don't get me wrong i like a nice tat hither & thither but it seems to be getting pretty contagious amongst our over payed ball kickers.Now i know from experience when i'd surplus coin i'd nip down & get a tattoo but i was'nt earning enough to feed a small African town.And at the mo,a la recession i could do with less tats & more wedge.Remember when i was younger the only footballer i can remember with a tat was L'pools Joey Jones.More money than sense or the Beckham effect?(same thing really:D)

Bonnyboy 25-07-2008 21:01

Re: Tattooed Footballers

More money than sense in most instances I would say.

The Becham effect is becoming tired now. They need to aim for the Max effect ( as in Mosley ) :D

Royboy39 25-07-2008 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 611119)
More money than sense in most instances I would say.

The Becham effect is becoming tired now. They need to aim for the Max effect ( as in Mosley ) :D

I think the expression Bonnybuggers comes to mind?.

Loz 25-07-2008 21:42

If i had the money i would get more tattoos and so would my hubby!
It's only lack of funds preventing us from doing so!
Don't see a problem with it myself.

Benipete 26-07-2008 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 611147)
If i had the money i would get more tattoos and so would my hubby!
It's only lack of funds preventing us from doing so!
Don't see a problem with it myself.

Very sad:gooddog:

cashman 26-07-2008 01:39

problem is ya think they look great when yer young, then when ya get an old fart like me, they look dull n crappy, but ya can't tell young uns, no ****** could tell me.:rolleyes:

emzy 26-07-2008 08:07

Ive got one on my shoulder, and i like it, have plans to get 1 more (with my boys names on it) but thats it for me. Will never get the name of a partner tattoed on me, that would just be crazy!! I know people who have and have regretted it. So think it would be just the one more for me. Ive had mine for nearly 10 years now and dont regret having it done, but do wonder what it will look like when im old and wrinklly :D

Too many though just looks wrong to me, its OTT, as in beckham, I think he has too many

steeljack 26-07-2008 08:11

sorry , but whenever i see a tattoo i think what it would be like as a lampshade , probably an age/genorational thing :confused: ;)

jaysay 26-07-2008 09:24

I've never been tempted myself and I think that some of these footballers go OTT with tats, I kind of think on the same lines as cashy, reat when our young, but they're still there when you become an old wrinkly:D:rolleyes:

onlyme 26-07-2008 09:43

I like em to a point, but as someone else said, all I think of is how daft I'll look in a few years times, so I stick to admiring others

Loz 27-07-2008 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 611192)
Very sad:gooddog:

Would you care to elaborate?
If its something we enjoy its not hurting anybody but us.

pipinfort 27-07-2008 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 611528)
Would you care to elaborate?
If its something we enjoy its not hurting anybody but us.

You go for it, i love `em ,although getting mine was the most pain ever, i`d love another

jambutty 28-07-2008 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 611542)
You go for it, i love `em ,although getting mine was the most pain ever, i`d love another

The degree of pain in getting a tattoo is inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol imbibed. I believe that nowadays the needle doesn’t puncture the skin as deep as it used to.

All 21 of mine have got blurred with age, the colours have faded and I was sober for each one. But at least I have none above the neck or below the wrist.

Whether someone has one tattoo or a body full is no one’s business except that person’s.

Incidentally pop stars have tattoos and also make obscene amounts of money, so why just pick on David Beckham.

MikeSz 29-07-2008 09:36

Never really done for me to be honest but its each to their own - In a way to me it would seem like vandalising my body. And ive never really understood the need to get names of relatives (though again, thats just me) unless you need to keep track of your partners or need reminding of their names :cool: - otherwise it just looks a little simple to me.

I suppose there would be some merit in having my name and address printed on my arm or something - just in case anyone needs to return me :) (though that would mean I could never move home!)