Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Blackpool Rocks (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/blackpool-rocks-41347.html)

maxwell silver 25-07-2008 21:08

Blackpool Rocks

If we still had the annual wakes weeks who would go to Blackpool for 2 weeks?

flashy 25-07-2008 21:09

Re: Blackpool Rocks

i wouldnt go back to Bloody Blackpool if you gave me a million quid, not after last weekend anyway

read the blog

lancsdave 25-07-2008 21:12

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes :(

Lilly 25-07-2008 21:21

I quite like a day in Blackpool. :)

I might go for a weekend but I wouldn't spend a fortnight there.

Loz 25-07-2008 21:32

I'm with Lilly on this one.
A weekend would be a laugh but wouldn't want to spend any more time there.

flashy 25-07-2008 21:34

well if anyone does go for the weekend make sure you dont stay where i stayed

Wynonie Harris 25-07-2008 21:35

I'd rather spend two weeks canvassing with Cyfr.

BERNADETTE 25-07-2008 21:35

Yep I wouldn't mind a weekend but not a fortnight and yes Flashy have noted where not to stay;)

Bonnyboy 25-07-2008 21:36

I can’t say I like the place all that much. I loved it as a kid, must admit.

It really does need some major finance to sort the place out, it just seems grotty to me.

With lots of cash chucked at it, some vision and expert planning it might become an attraction again. Until then, I’m avoiding the place.

Lilly 25-07-2008 21:39

Has anyone stayed at The Big Blue Hotel next to the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool?

I've read a few good reviews on it but wondered if anyone here had been.

katex 26-07-2008 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 611144)
Has anyone stayed at The Big Blue Hotel next to the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool?

I've read a few good reviews on it but wondered if anyone here had been.

Is part of the Classic Hotels Lilly .. stayed in a few of their hotels, and always been extremely high quality ... however, not the Big Blue.. suspect will be of the same standard though.

harwood red 26-07-2008 00:28

two weeks, I flippin lived there for 5 years!!!!!!! Never again!!!

cherokee 26-07-2008 00:34

Well I live here and believe me it really isnt all that bad. Would I holiday here for more than a weekend ? NO Its far to expensive to come and have a week here and personally when they finally put the charge on the pleasure beach I think its gonna do more harm than good.
But in all honesty to live here Yes its far better than back home, even walking /driving around is less depressing than back in ossy and accy.
I have always loved my home town but I really think the way its deteriorated over the last 10 years is bad , and no I wouldnt like to live back there.
I miss the friends I grew up with but thats all, but a lot of them have now moved away too.
Blackpool like many areas has bad parts but they are spending an awful lot of money here to regenerate it and I personally think in the next 5 yrs it will improve dramaticly as a town.

Mancie 26-07-2008 01:01

Great great memories of Blackpool..the best place to be for a weekend.. but these days costs an arm and leg.. you could always get a bed at a local BB but Flasheys time there is now typical. a weekend will cost you £400.. taken for booze and entertianment..which I ain't got... is it still full of Scots and Goeordies?

cashman 26-07-2008 01:43

lived there fer 3 years before i moved to spain, its an ok place when ya get to know yer way avoiding all the dickhead places.;) i would return fer 5 days or so no problem.