Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2008, 23:36   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: 42 Day Detention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Garinda....at the end of the day....we do as we are told...like it or lump it.
Until global warming means we get better weather, and we can be bothered to start the revolution.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2008, 23:39   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The vast majority of us here supported the increase to 42 days, as seen in our poll.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...oll-41085.html

As with many things, such as the death penalty, and tougher immigration, longer prison sentences etc., those in power think they know what's better for us, than we the people.
I agreed with it then and still do now but hey ho we must consider the human rights of the suspected terrorists
Old 13-10-2008, 23:40   #18
God Member

Quote:
The vast majority of us here supported the increase to 42 days, as seen in our poll.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...oll-41085.html

As with many things, such as the death penalty, and tougher immigration, longer prison sentences etc., those in power think they know what's better for us, than we the people.
i'm up to date on the polls held on here Garinda ...it was an overwelming vote for the 42 days.. but some of the pro 42 days now seem to have buggered off since the Tory Lords have dismissed it....maybe down to the bank to uphold every tories right to take the money and run.. and stuff the oiks
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 23:40   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Garinda....at the end of the day....we do as we are told...like it or lump it.
thats true, pity the "Guardia Civil" couldn't vote, doubt very much much if they would have supported the Lords, then they aint a bunch of tarts like ours roy.
Old 13-10-2008, 23:40   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I agreed with it then and still do now but hey ho we must consider the human rights of the suspected terrorists
Yeah, bless 'em.

Thank goodness there are people like David Davis out there, standing up for the poor little dears.

Old 13-10-2008, 23:43   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yeah, bless 'em.

Thank goodness there are people like David Davis out there, standing up for the poor little dears.
yeh like those poor doctors in glasgow, who are wasting public time n money pleading not guilty.
Old 13-10-2008, 23:45   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
... but some of the pro 42 days now seem to have buggered off since the Tory Lords have dismissed it...
I actually spoke to the main anti-42 days protagonist today, he's busy getting an education at university, though sadly not at the School of Life College.

Old 13-10-2008, 23:48   #23
God Member

oh how times change..looks like this thread is gonna waste away...the people that were so noble in supporting the 42 days detention now lay beaten and solem.. because their real masters have said no... kiss the feet of your masters.. the Tory Lords!
Old 13-10-2008, 23:49   #24
Give, give, give member

To have a Bill thrown out, that was passed in a democratic vote by our elected Members of Parliament, and supported by the majority of the British people, by an unelected second House, made up of inbred cretins, and cronies, is a disgrace.

Old 13-10-2008, 23:51   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
oh how times change..looks like this thread is gonna waste away...the people that were so noble in supporting the 42 days detention now lay beaten and solem.. because their real masters have said no... kiss the feet of your masters.. the Tory Lords!
yer kissin em as much as any ****** mancie mate, cos like us can do sod all about it.
Old 13-10-2008, 23:54   #26
God Member

Quote:
To have a Bill thrown out, that was passed in a democratic vote by our elected Members of Parliament, and supported by the majority of the British people, by an unelected second House, made up of inbred cretins, and cronies, is a disgrace.
Of course ..and how far will they go?..they even staged an attack on Parliment ..inside and outside to support an underground right wing movement that is very real in our democracy
Old 13-10-2008, 23:56   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
According to the poll, only five members of Accy Web voted in opposition of the increase to 42 days detention without charge.

AccyAlec, andrewb, jambutty, shakermaker, and yourself Mancie.

Perhaps you, Jambutty, and Tory Boy, can organise a celebratory party round at David Davis's gaff.

Old 13-10-2008, 23:57   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer kissin em as much as any ****** mancie mate, cos like us can do sod all about it.
I can vote anti Tory!
Old 14-10-2008, 00:01   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
According to the poll, only five members of Accy Web voted in opposition of the increase to 42 days detention without charge.

Perhaps you, Jambutty, and Tory Boy, can organise a celebratory party round at David Davis's gaff.
well stone me is mancie a secret tory?
Old 14-10-2008, 00:03   #30
God Member

Quote:

You can't beat Garinda for the MI5 stuff..i voted against cos I don't think it is needed.. my vote on accy web will not go down to far in the house of Lords!..(unless you release all the copies of my day to day activities you must hold)..whatever I...you.. or anyone decides is best is still to be decided by ..as you say.. an unelected bunch of yes boys and girls.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..