Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Lottery winner in Accy? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lottery-winner-in-accy-43109.html)

katex 07-10-2008 20:27

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 639154)
thats summat we both agree on kate.;)

LOL Cashy .. xx

Lilly 07-10-2008 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 639056)
its not mishyfoote's fault, dont blame her, she (as we all where) was asked a question and all she did was answer it, if it wasnt michelle who answered it, someone else would have, dont get at her

As you say, if she hadn't then someone else probably would. :(

Very sneaky of the reporter to ask the question.

WillowTheWhisp 07-10-2008 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len (Post 639147)

We’ve dealt with this as quickly as possible and removed the suggested name and who’s to say? We may well have several news reporters searching accyweb.

Thanks Len. I just hope the poor girl isn't hounded by people who have already read this or are told her name by someone else who has read it. If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.

Bonnyboy 07-10-2008 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 639169)
If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.

Correct, nothing else to add.

lancsdave 08-10-2008 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 639169)
If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.

I'm fairly sure you don't actually get the option when you enter. I think you have to tell them when you win. I'll let you know when they ring me up :D

derekgas 08-10-2008 07:00

You don't trust anyone Cashy, reporters, politicians, councillors, N.H.S., planners, police,royalty, gas/electric boards, etc .... :D:D[/quote]

Omg, does that mean I am a cynic too? Go Cashy! :eek::D

WillowTheWhisp 08-10-2008 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 639237)
I'm fairly sure you don't actually get the option when you enter. I think you have to tell them when you win. I'll let you know when they ring me up :D

Isn't there a box to tick? You can see how much I know about it can't you? :D Anyhow I have heard them say on the news 'the winner requested no publicity' and I think a lot more of a newspaper/reporter when they respect that than when they keep badgering away to find out and get a 'scoop'.

jaysay 08-10-2008 09:06

My original point was that it was sneaky to say the least, as people have said she can't tell use what she is unless she has lots of posts or subscribes to Accy Web, but there is nothing to stop her putting this info in a signiture, so everybody is aware she is a journo

Less 08-10-2008 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 639246)

Isn't there a box to tick? You can see how much I know about it can't you? :D Anyhow I have heard them say on the news 'the winner requested no publicity' and I think a lot more of a newspaper/reporter when they respect that than when they keep badgering away to find out and get a 'scoop'.

Quite a few newspapers give out email addresses and request 'anyone that knows a winner to get in touch', that can hardly be seen as respecting someone's privacy.

As for our own reporter, long may she remain a member and maybe she will occasionally be good enough to post answers as well as ask questions and if she is polite, could also print our web address to acknowledge the source of her information, (sometimes we do see things in the ob' or the LET with the source as 'a local web site').

Also, just to make it clear who she is, perhaps she could add 'your Observer reporter', to her signature? Then perhaps such misunderstandings wouldn't happen.

http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6068.gif

katex 08-10-2008 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 639295)

As for our own reporter, long may she remain a member and maybe she will occasionally be good enough to post answers as well as ask questions and if she is polite, could also print our web address to acknowledge the source of her information, (sometimes we do see things in the ob' or the LET with the source as 'a local web site').

http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6068.gif

Exactly Less, may work to our advantage at some stage.

Anyway, you never know who may be on here masquerading under a pseudonym/false profile at any given time, gaining our confidence and, through P.M's, discovering our darkest secrets ... :D

Perhaps our Gordon is here somewhere, or worse still Peter B ! ... :ph34r8:

cashman 08-10-2008 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 639377)
Exactly Less, may work to our advantage at some stage.

Anyway, you never know who may be on here masquerading under a pseudonym/false profile at any given time, gaining our confidence and, through P.M's, discovering our darkest secrets ... :D

Perhaps our Gordon is here somewhere, or worse still Peter B ! ... :ph34r8:

quite possible as were approaching the pantomime season.:D

lancsdave 08-10-2008 14:13

In some ways it's complimentary and acknowledges the fact that the font of all local knowledge is in actual fact Accyweb and not the Accrington Observer :D

Less 08-10-2008 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 639381)
In some ways it's complimentary and acknowledges the fact that the font of all local knowledge is in actual fact Accyweb and not the Accrington Observer :D

Meeeeow! that's going to cause problems.
Though so far as naming us it is only fair, after all, on a Thursday or Friday, many threads are started naming the Obbo' as the source and indeed linking to their web pages, publicity for them should be returned as publicity for us, after all we always name them, we don't just say, 'a local rag said...'
http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6117.gif

jaysay 08-10-2008 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 639400)
Meeeeow! that's going to cause problems.
Though so far as naming us it is only fair, after all, on a Thursday or Friday, many threads are started naming the Obbo' as the source and indeed linking to their web pages, publicity for them should be returned as publicity for us, after all we always name them, we don't just say, 'a local rag said...'
http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6117.gif

Come on Less their Wed Sites Crap

MargaretR 08-10-2008 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639434)
Wed Sites

..been looking at the dating section have you?;)