Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Lottery winner in Accy? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lottery-winner-in-accy-43109.html)

LisaKenyon 07-10-2008 10:43

Lottery winner in Accy?

Has anyone heard about a woman who might have won £1Million from Ossie? I heard a rumour on the grape vine.

Less 07-10-2008 10:54

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaKenyon (Post 638926)
Has anyone heard about a woman who might have won £1Million from Ossie? I heard a rumour on the grape vine.

That will be rindy, always thought he was a lucky girl!
:p

MrsAleks 07-10-2008 10:57

I got told it was someone called (Suggested name removed.) and that she had a share in over a million.
Dont know if its true or not!!!!!!

K-P 07-10-2008 11:12

not being funny or owt but I dont think naming names and town making her easy to find is a very good idea if it turns out not to be her. could make her life a misery... If its made public fair enough but right now it might not even be her.

mez 07-10-2008 11:30

i agree with you k-p ............no it aint me either:(

WillowTheWhisp 07-10-2008 11:34

If it's true then good luck to her. And not a good idea to name her if it's true or not. She could end up with a lot of unwelcome attention.

BERNADETTE 07-10-2008 12:32

Would have thought that if anybody winning the lottery wanted it splashing all over the papers they would have contacted them!!!!

Lilly 07-10-2008 15:35

I'd be livid if I won the lottery and someone posted my name on this or any other website. :(

That's just left this poor woman open to all sorts of attacks.

jaysay 07-10-2008 16:04

Could this be another case of lazy journalism, isn't Ms Kenyon a reporter for the Accrington Observer:(

Lilly 07-10-2008 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639020)
Could this be another case of lazy journalism, isn't Ms Kenyon a reporter for the Accrington Observer:(

Although it would have been better if she hadn't asked, it wasn't actually Lisa Kenyon who named the woman. :(

jaysay 07-10-2008 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 639023)
Although it would have been better if she hadn't asked, it wasn't actually Lisa Kenyon who named the woman. :(

yes I know that Lilly, but for a reporter to come on here instead of using her own contacts is a tad lazy, after all she's not actually a regular subscriber on these pages:(

cashman 07-10-2008 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639052)
yes I know that Lilly, but for a reporter to come on here instead of using her own contacts is a tad lazy, after all she's not actually a regular subscriber on these pages:(

i would say underneath if that is the case.:(

MargaretR 07-10-2008 16:51

If she is short on news she can come and take pictures of the Heys field red dog bin:rolleyes:

flashy 07-10-2008 16:52

its not mishyfoote's fault, dont blame her, she (as we all where) was asked a question and all she did was answer it, if it wasnt michelle who answered it, someone else would have, dont get at her

cashman 07-10-2008 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 639056)
its not mishyfoote's fault, dont blame her, she (as we all where) was asked a question and all she did was answer it, if it wasnt michelle who answered it, someone else would have, dont get at her

dont think anyones gettin at her shaz, but a little thought before posting it would not have done any harm.;)now if ya wanna really see "getting at" watch this space if the observer runs with this.:D;)