Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Lottery winner in Accy? (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lottery-winner-in-accy-43109.html)

LisaKenyon 07-10-2008 10:43

Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Has anyone heard about a woman who might have won £1Million from Ossie? I heard a rumour on the grape vine.

Less 07-10-2008 10:54

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaKenyon (Post 638926)
Has anyone heard about a woman who might have won £1Million from Ossie? I heard a rumour on the grape vine.

That will be rindy, always thought he was a lucky girl!
:p

MrsAleks 07-10-2008 10:57

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
I got told it was someone called (Suggested name removed.) and that she had a share in over a million.
Dont know if its true or not!!!!!!

K-P 07-10-2008 11:12

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
not being funny or owt but I dont think naming names and town making her easy to find is a very good idea if it turns out not to be her. could make her life a misery... If its made public fair enough but right now it might not even be her.

mez 07-10-2008 11:30

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
i agree with you k-p ............no it aint me either:(

WillowTheWhisp 07-10-2008 11:34

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
If it's true then good luck to her. And not a good idea to name her if it's true or not. She could end up with a lot of unwelcome attention.

BERNADETTE 07-10-2008 12:32

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Would have thought that if anybody winning the lottery wanted it splashing all over the papers they would have contacted them!!!!

Lilly 07-10-2008 15:35

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
I'd be livid if I won the lottery and someone posted my name on this or any other website. :(

That's just left this poor woman open to all sorts of attacks.

jaysay 07-10-2008 16:04

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Could this be another case of lazy journalism, isn't Ms Kenyon a reporter for the Accrington Observer:(

Lilly 07-10-2008 16:12

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639020)
Could this be another case of lazy journalism, isn't Ms Kenyon a reporter for the Accrington Observer:(

Although it would have been better if she hadn't asked, it wasn't actually Lisa Kenyon who named the woman. :(

jaysay 07-10-2008 16:47

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 639023)
Although it would have been better if she hadn't asked, it wasn't actually Lisa Kenyon who named the woman. :(

yes I know that Lilly, but for a reporter to come on here instead of using her own contacts is a tad lazy, after all she's not actually a regular subscriber on these pages:(

cashman 07-10-2008 16:49

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639052)
yes I know that Lilly, but for a reporter to come on here instead of using her own contacts is a tad lazy, after all she's not actually a regular subscriber on these pages:(

i would say underneath if that is the case.:(

MargaretR 07-10-2008 16:51

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
If she is short on news she can come and take pictures of the Heys field red dog bin:rolleyes:

flashy 07-10-2008 16:52

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
its not mishyfoote's fault, dont blame her, she (as we all where) was asked a question and all she did was answer it, if it wasnt michelle who answered it, someone else would have, dont get at her

cashman 07-10-2008 16:56

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 639056)
its not mishyfoote's fault, dont blame her, she (as we all where) was asked a question and all she did was answer it, if it wasnt michelle who answered it, someone else would have, dont get at her

dont think anyones gettin at her shaz, but a little thought before posting it would not have done any harm.;)now if ya wanna really see "getting at" watch this space if the observer runs with this.:D;)

katex 07-10-2008 17:00

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639052)
yes I know that Lilly, but for a reporter to come on here instead of using her own contacts is a tad lazy, after all she's not actually a regular subscriber on these pages:(

Can't quite agree with you there Jaysay, a reporter has to look for all sources of information. She is a member, and introduced herself officially, inviting us to feed her with any information on interesting topics, so could work in our favour at times.

flashy 07-10-2008 17:00

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 639058)
dont think anyones gettin at her shaz, but a little thought before posting it would not have done any harm.;)now if ya wanna really see "getting at" watch this space if the observer runs with this.:D;)


yeah i know what your saying cashy, i usually get pulled up for saying things without thinking about them, that Lisa shouldnt have asked in the first place, cant we put REPORTER under her name then everyone will know in future?

Less 07-10-2008 17:03

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 638931)
not being funny or owt but I dont think naming names and town making her easy to find is a very good idea if it turns out not to be her. could make her life a misery... If its made public fair enough but right now it might not even be her.

I'm with you on this one, if someone is lucky enough to win, leave them alone, let them decide who they tell, the rest of us don't need to know.

Oooooh,! but I hope it's a relative.

;)

derekgas 07-10-2008 17:46

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Good luck to her if she won the lottery, or a share in it, if it is only a share, it could be shared between lots of people. If Ms Kenyon is a reporter, she should have made it clear when she asked the question, and perhaps mishyfoote could have avoided this, in hindsight, it probably wasnt a good idea to post a name of a person who may have won.

WillowTheWhisp 07-10-2008 17:47

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Well the damage is done now I suppose - but what if the named person decides to sue somebody for all the unwanted attention? Who ends up liable, the person who named her or AccyWeb itself?

cashman 07-10-2008 18:05

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 639060)
Can't quite agree with you there Jaysay, a reporter has to look for all sources of information. She is a member, and introduced herself officially, inviting us to feed her with any information on interesting topics, so could work in our favour at times.

rubbish, if that did lead to unwanted attention/ persecution fer someone who did not want it,thats fine with you? i'm sure many did not realise who she was with that innocent post.:rolleyes:

K-P 07-10-2008 18:18

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
WHAT IF THE WOMEN IN OSSY DIDN'T WIN THE LOTTERY.. It's terrible that her name is posted on here if she didn't win..

As for the OP .. not everyone will know she is a reporter.. not everyone reads the welcome threads.... bit sneaky IMHO

But I do feel people are misisng the point.. Its ok posting good luck message in case she did win... But his poor womens life will be hell if she didnt win it and all because of accyweb :( ... so her name should not be printed in here unless its confirmed she won.


PS .. if she did then good luck... need any photography??? :) :) :) :)

katex 07-10-2008 18:45

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 639078)
rubbish, if that did lead to unwanted attention/ persecution fer someone who did not want it,thats fine with you? i'm sure many did not realise who she was with that innocent post.:rolleyes:

Well, practically every post she has entered has mentioned her occupation up to date .. ok .. not everyone remembers, however, wouldn't have made a difference if had been a regular member or would it ? Not responsible for the reply is she.

Maybe not a bad idea for her to put up her status, but don't think you can, can you until a certain number of posts ? Has to stick with Junior Member for the time being. Sure if this information is correct, will be treated with respect to the 'so called' winner if they contact this lady .. can't be much of a secret can it really.

Still stick to my views that a good reporter has to use all resources, don't think Lisa Kenyon was trying to be devious at all, due to her past posts for all to see, her mistake was she just presumed we would remember her.

cashman 07-10-2008 18:50

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
well yer entitled to that view, just as i'm entitled to mine.:)

Benipete 07-10-2008 18:51

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
I am speaking to you from the sun deck of the QE 2 I have a "Cheeky Girl" in each arm,though one is so drunk she has decided to go down below.
I hope the other will stay on top.:hidewall:

K-P 07-10-2008 18:54

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 639098)
her mistake was she just presumed we would remember her.

I would go with that :)

cashman 07-10-2008 18:57

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 639103)
I would go with that :)

i learnt first hand many years ago, never to trust a reporter.;)

Len 07-10-2008 20:01

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
In my opinion, anyone could have asked this question and anyone could have answered it but the point is, giving out third party private information such as full names, addresses, telephone numbers etc is not permitted here at accyweb (see forum rules).

We’ve dealt with this as quickly as possible and removed the suggested name and who’s to say? We may well have several news reporters searching accyweb.

katex 07-10-2008 20:04

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 639104)
i learnt first hand many years ago, never to trust a reporter.;)

Still not her fault in whatever guise .. she just asked a question. You don't trust anyone Cashy, reporters, politicians, councillors, N.H.S., planners, police,royalty, gas/electric boards, etc .... :D:D

cashman 07-10-2008 20:15

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 639149)
You don't trust anyone Cashy, reporters, politicians, councillors, N.H.S., planners, police,royalty, gas/electric boards, etc .... :D:D

thats summat we both agree on kate.;)

katex 07-10-2008 20:27

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 639154)
thats summat we both agree on kate.;)

LOL Cashy .. xx

Lilly 07-10-2008 20:47

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 639056)
its not mishyfoote's fault, dont blame her, she (as we all where) was asked a question and all she did was answer it, if it wasnt michelle who answered it, someone else would have, dont get at her

As you say, if she hadn't then someone else probably would. :(

Very sneaky of the reporter to ask the question.

WillowTheWhisp 07-10-2008 20:48

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len (Post 639147)

We’ve dealt with this as quickly as possible and removed the suggested name and who’s to say? We may well have several news reporters searching accyweb.

Thanks Len. I just hope the poor girl isn't hounded by people who have already read this or are told her name by someone else who has read it. If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.

Bonnyboy 07-10-2008 22:56

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 639169)
If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.


Correct, nothing else to add.

lancsdave 08-10-2008 05:57

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 639169)
If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.

I'm fairly sure you don't actually get the option when you enter. I think you have to tell them when you win. I'll let you know when they ring me up :D

derekgas 08-10-2008 07:00

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
You don't trust anyone Cashy, reporters, politicians, councillors, N.H.S., planners, police,royalty, gas/electric boards, etc .... :D:D[/quote]

Omg, does that mean I am a cynic too? Go Cashy! :eek::D

WillowTheWhisp 08-10-2008 07:06

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 639237)
I'm fairly sure you don't actually get the option when you enter. I think you have to tell them when you win. I'll let you know when they ring me up :D


Isn't there a box to tick? You can see how much I know about it can't you? :D Anyhow I have heard them say on the news 'the winner requested no publicity' and I think a lot more of a newspaper/reporter when they respect that than when they keep badgering away to find out and get a 'scoop'.

jaysay 08-10-2008 09:06

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
My original point was that it was sneaky to say the least, as people have said she can't tell use what she is unless she has lots of posts or subscribes to Accy Web, but there is nothing to stop her putting this info in a signiture, so everybody is aware she is a journo

Less 08-10-2008 09:25

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 639246)

Isn't there a box to tick? You can see how much I know about it can't you? :D Anyhow I have heard them say on the news 'the winner requested no publicity' and I think a lot more of a newspaper/reporter when they respect that than when they keep badgering away to find out and get a 'scoop'.

Quite a few newspapers give out email addresses and request 'anyone that knows a winner to get in touch', that can hardly be seen as respecting someone's privacy.

As for our own reporter, long may she remain a member and maybe she will occasionally be good enough to post answers as well as ask questions and if she is polite, could also print our web address to acknowledge the source of her information, (sometimes we do see things in the ob' or the LET with the source as 'a local web site').

Also, just to make it clear who she is, perhaps she could add 'your Observer reporter', to her signature? Then perhaps such misunderstandings wouldn't happen.

http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6068.gif

katex 08-10-2008 13:59

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 639295)

As for our own reporter, long may she remain a member and maybe she will occasionally be good enough to post answers as well as ask questions and if she is polite, could also print our web address to acknowledge the source of her information, (sometimes we do see things in the ob' or the LET with the source as 'a local web site').



http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6068.gif

Exactly Less, may work to our advantage at some stage.

Anyway, you never know who may be on here masquerading under a pseudonym/false profile at any given time, gaining our confidence and, through P.M's, discovering our darkest secrets ... :D

Perhaps our Gordon is here somewhere, or worse still Peter B ! ... :ph34r8:

cashman 08-10-2008 14:12

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 639377)
Exactly Less, may work to our advantage at some stage.

Anyway, you never know who may be on here masquerading under a pseudonym/false profile at any given time, gaining our confidence and, through P.M's, discovering our darkest secrets ... :D

Perhaps our Gordon is here somewhere, or worse still Peter B ! ... :ph34r8:

quite possible as were approaching the pantomime season.:D

lancsdave 08-10-2008 14:13

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
In some ways it's complimentary and acknowledges the fact that the font of all local knowledge is in actual fact Accyweb and not the Accrington Observer :D

Less 08-10-2008 15:16

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 639381)
In some ways it's complimentary and acknowledges the fact that the font of all local knowledge is in actual fact Accyweb and not the Accrington Observer :D

Meeeeow! that's going to cause problems.
Though so far as naming us it is only fair, after all, on a Thursday or Friday, many threads are started naming the Obbo' as the source and indeed linking to their web pages, publicity for them should be returned as publicity for us, after all we always name them, we don't just say, 'a local rag said...'
http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6117.gif

jaysay 08-10-2008 16:22

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 639400)
Meeeeow! that's going to cause problems.
Though so far as naming us it is only fair, after all, on a Thursday or Friday, many threads are started naming the Obbo' as the source and indeed linking to their web pages, publicity for them should be returned as publicity for us, after all we always name them, we don't just say, 'a local rag said...'
http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6117.gif

Come on Less their Wed Sites Crap

MargaretR 08-10-2008 16:38

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639434)
Wed Sites

..been looking at the dating section have you?;)

Less 08-10-2008 16:39

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 639434)
Come on Less their Wed Sites Crap

So is their 'web' site, I take it you're still struggling with that laptop I was threatened with?

http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-8004.gif

jaysay 09-10-2008 09:26

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 639443)
..been looking at the dating section have you?;)

Never could tell my Bs from my Ds Margaret:D

jaysay 09-10-2008 09:28

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 639445)
So is their 'web' site, I take it you're still struggling with that laptop I was threatened with?

http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-8004.gif

No Less can't blame the laptop for that, its entirely down to me, must pay more attention when posting:D

Benipete 09-10-2008 09:45

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 639380)
quite possible as were approaching the pantomime season.:D

Your never out of the pantomime season.:alright:Perhaps not:hidewall:

LisaKenyon 09-10-2008 10:15

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Thanks for your comments. Surprised at how many of you have looked on this thread. See - people ARE interested.

LisaKenyon 09-10-2008 10:26

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Oh, and just another point, if people do want to contact me about anything they can send me a private message if they're so concerned about posting details on a public site.

LISA KENYON - ACCY OBSERVER REPORTER

katex 09-10-2008 10:32

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaKenyon (Post 639604)
Surprised at how many of you have looked on this thread. See - people ARE interested.

Well, like Less previously stated, we all live in the hope that it is a close relative ... :D

cashman 09-10-2008 10:33

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaKenyon (Post 639609)
Oh, and just another point, if people do want to contact me about anything they can send me a private message if they're so concerned about posting details on a public site.

LISA KENYON - ACCY OBSERVER REPORTER

surprised ya took notice. n you must be well aware of the problems that could arise all round by posting details.:rolleyes:

Less 09-10-2008 10:46

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaKenyon (Post 639609)
Oh, and just another point, if people do want to contact me about anything they can send me a private message if they're so concerned about posting details on a public site.

LISA KENYON - ACCY OBSERVER REPORTER

So rather than making it public on here, you would like members to sneak behind the scenes and dob somebody in so that YOU can make it public in the Obbo'?
That's not the reaction I was hoping for from you, join in as a member and perhaps once you've gained our trust we will know that you will use anything we say, responsibly!

http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9453.gif

jaysay 09-10-2008 11:17

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 639614)
So rather than making it public on here, you would like members to sneak behind the scenes and dob somebody in so that YOU can make it public in the Obbo'?
That's not the reaction I was hoping for from you, join in as a member and perhaps once you've gained our trust we will know that you will use anything we say, responsibly!

http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9453.gif

Hear Hear Less

cashman 09-10-2008 11:26

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 639614)
That's not the reaction I was hoping for from you, join in as a member and perhaps once you've gained our trust we will know that you will use anything we say, responsibly!

http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9453.gif

ok so i'm a cynical , but i doubt very much that will occur, will be happy to hold me hand up, if she proves otherwise.

WillowTheWhisp 09-10-2008 11:36

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaKenyon (Post 639604)
Thanks for your comments. Surprised at how many of you have looked on this thread. See - people ARE interested.

But most are not interested in knowing who won but in protecting their privacy. That is where we differ Lisa.

cashman 09-10-2008 11:41

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 639628)
But most are not interested in knowing who won but in protecting their privacy. That is where we differ Lisa.

thats the norm willow, "twist" any comment to make it suit a purpose.:rolleyes:

MargaretR 09-10-2008 11:49

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Lotto winner finally picks up bumper prize (From Lancashire Telegraph)
..perhaps this is what started this thread

WillowTheWhisp 09-10-2008 11:54

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Bit of a stretch from £78,000 in Blackburn to a million in Ossy!

WillowTheWhisp 09-10-2008 11:56

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
P.S. If I won millions I wouldn't be wanting the publicity but you'd see me conspicuous by my absence as I swan off to warmer climes! (via Morecambe)

MargaretR 09-10-2008 11:57

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
Blackburn was most likely the place where the ticket was bought - which is the only info the privacy rules allow.

lancsdave 09-10-2008 12:38

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
As the Telegraph didn't print the persons details that would suggest they want to remain anonymous. Wonder if other papers will do the same :rolleyes:

Less 09-10-2008 15:11

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Mystery Jackpot Winner In Hyndburn



By accywebs investigative reporter.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...009_120552.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:37.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.19460 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1