Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   How Patriotic? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/how-patriotic-4424.html)

Bagpuss 08-06-2004 19:43

Re: How Patriotic?

I do believe we have slipped into another topic, could we get back to the subject please.

Mik Dickinson 08-06-2004 20:03

wow a blast of information there.Made good reading too.The point has been made they are arrogant.When living in England the patriotism was not so strongly impregnated as it is now.Since my 2 girls came in to the world well its got even stronger.
Thanks for the back up guys.

Bagpuss 08-06-2004 20:21

There's a website www.politicalcompass.org that may interest one or two of you, why don't you take the survey? You could well be surprised.

Has anyone tried the survey pointed out by "yerself", I took it and was very surprised where I am on the political compass so surprised that I did it again and got the same placement.

Mick 08-06-2004 20:34

just tried the site and ended up with guandi and nelson mandela so thats ok with me

Bagpuss 08-06-2004 20:48

According to your score Mick that means you should be voting for the Green Party in the European elections.

Mick 08-06-2004 21:04

I don't care what colour they are as long as they get something right
which is not very oftern no matter who you vote for

mez 08-06-2004 21:11

im a libertarian/authortarion sounds like me in a way not sure bout voting left though //ive just been on the political site very interesting

Bagpuss 08-06-2004 21:33

Mez I thought you had to be either a libertarian or a authoritarian, click the link to the English Party Chart to see which political party is nearest to your score.

Acrylic-bob 09-06-2004 06:09

OK back on topic again after yesterdays digressions. I watched TV last night and saw to my horror that Mastercard have jumped on the patriotism bandwagon and have hijacked the flag to flog their credit card. Using one of the memebers of the England football team from the sixties (name escapes me ) to deliver the final line "an England united, priceless! Which just about sums things up.

mez 09-06-2004 07:35

oops looks like im b.n.p. mabe i am but ?

Tealeaf 09-06-2004 08:02

I just did the test....I ended up in the top right hand corner...and I always considered myself a softy, wet liberal at heart.

Mik Dickinson 09-06-2004 08:04

The name is Bobby Charlton and i find the advert ok.One has to learn not to take evrything so seriously.I find it alright as an advert but can understand people misenterpreting the whole thing

Mik Dickinson 09-06-2004 08:05

did the test and ended up in the middle.

Ceejache 09-06-2004 08:11

That would be Bobby Charlton Acrylic. It is a bit cheap of MC and obviously the main point of the ad is to get people further in debt, but at least the sub-theme is quite a noble one.

Ceejache 09-06-2004 08:13

Did the test couple of days ago - ended up slap bang in the middle of the y-axis (lib/authoritarian) yet surprisingly more left than I thought I would.