Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   How Patriotic? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/how-patriotic-4424.html)

lettie 09-06-2004 08:16

Re: How Patriotic?

Did the test, and surprisingly ended up between Ghandi and Nelson Mandela. :confused:

Tealeaf 09-06-2004 08:26

What did you say to them, Lettie?

janet 09-06-2004 09:38

Just did the test and ended up 3 squares to the left.

yerself 09-06-2004 10:39

1 Attachment(s)
I said some of you would be surprised. I was, I was expecting to be in the top right-hand quadrant. Brings to mind the woman who was displaying a Vote Conservative poster in her window. When challenged by her neighbour and asked "I thought you always voted Labour?" she replied "Oh but I do. I didn't want to lower the tone of the neighbourhood though"

Tealeaf 09-06-2004 10:54

Here's Mine:

Tealeaf 09-06-2004 10:56

Ooops....looks like the system cannae take it!

Acrylic-bob 09-06-2004 14:39

I just did it and ende up in the same position as Ghandi ! Well there's a surprise, it can't be right, I always thought of myself as being slightly to the right of Genghis Khan.

Mick 09-06-2004 16:24

1 Attachment(s)
How's this for being Patriotic

some of you might know who owns this and he is miles away

Roy 09-06-2004 16:33

Absolutely brilliant!! I'm a bit worried about it though due to the area it lives in, but what the hell.... Great work guys, and less, isn't it about time you cleaned it - it still looks like it's been ploughing fields when you look at that towbar! :)

Less 09-06-2004 16:43

Well roy, nothing to fear from where it lives & so far as cleaning it my neighbours are most obliging because the ones that miss the flags are eventually going to clean the car with their sputum!

WillowTheWhisp 10-06-2004 09:02

ooer I'm ever so slightly leaning towards Stalin.

I heard something on the radio a couple of days ago about the car flags - someone saying they could be illegal and a spokesperson from the AA saying they obscure a drivers view (how???) I think it's a shame some people are afraid to be patriotic for fear of whom they may upset or offend. What if the boot were on the other foot? (not necessarily a football boot)

mez 10-06-2004 11:36

some one has just nicked a flag off my car, cant print wot im thinking, but ill do one better & get some more //

Snow White 10-06-2004 12:57

I'm sorry... I'm with tealeaf on this one - an insult to the flag and what it represents.

Call me boring but I really do think that with a defence like ours we will be lucky to get a point. Looking at the amount of flags in Accrington and Burnley I think I am in the wrong business - should start getting my dwarfs to mass-produce them.

Up the Eng-er-land!!
Love Snow White (Flag-less)

Snow White 10-06-2004 13:03

Oh and Willow the Whisp....

I do not think anyone is against the flags - they were making sure that they are clipped on properly so they do not fly off and hit some poor cyclist!

jambutty 10-06-2004 19:20

Sorry Glasgow Guy and you Neal but the only Union Jack that you will see flying is on the jackstaff of a British warship. (The one at the pointed end at the front) What you see elsewhere is the Union Flag. Hopefully you will see it flying the right way up.

Even though my first flag of the Cross of St George was nicked off my car during the night I bought another one and it flies again and if that gets nicked I’ll get another.

Support England be it rugby, Eddie ‘the Eagle’ Edwards, football or cricket teams win or lose.