Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   How Patriotic? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/how-patriotic-4424.html)

Ceejache 11-06-2004 08:22

Re: How Patriotic?

Thats the kind of spirit we want (above)! - fairweather fans get right up my nose.

Bagpuss 11-06-2004 20:39

Just a thought how many of the so called English Asians who have just voted in the elections have a George Cross flag on their house or car to support the country they live in playing in the Euro 2004 , maybe Tebbitt had something when he talked about a cricket test !!!

Less 12-06-2004 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Just a thought how many of the so called English Asians who have just voted in the elections have a George Cross flag on their house or car to support the country they live in playing in the Euro 2004 , maybe Tebbitt had something when he talked about a cricket test !!!

Just to let you know bagpuss i live near blackburn rd & have seen several with flags on their cars.

WillowTheWhisp 12-06-2004 15:13

I've seen taxi drivers (Asian) with St. George flags and yesterday I saw a young Asian lad wearing an England football shirt.

Bagpuss 13-06-2004 22:04

That makes a change I suppose tomorrow they will be wearing French shirts like the Brazil shirts they where wearing after the World Cup 2002 defeat.

Neal 14-06-2004 06:56

Quote:

jambutty: Sorry Glasgow Guy and you Neal but the only Union Jack that you will see flying is on the jackstaff of a British warship. (The one at the pointed end at the front) What you see elsewhere is the Union Flag. Hopefully you will see it flying the right way up.

Even though my first flag of the Cross of St George was nicked off my car during the night I bought another one and it flies again and if that gets nicked I’ll get another.

Support England be it rugby, Eddie ‘the Eagle’ Edwards, football or cricket teams win or lose.
The only flag you will see flying on a British Warship would be a Naval Jack or a Naval Ensign. The Naval Jack is just the same as the Union Jack however.....

The Civil Jack is used on civilian vessels.....if the website is correct > http://www.flags.net/UNKG.htm

Alan Gilmartin 14-06-2004 07:50

I cant believe what Im hearing, taking the flag down, Im writting this on the Queens birthday long weekend, a public holiday and they urge us to fly the flag over here, what the hell is going on over there. slowly, slowly, as they chip away, there will be nothing left of the old dart as we know it, did they all die in vein??.

Tealeaf 14-06-2004 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal
The only flag you will see flying on a British Warship would be a Naval Jack or a Naval Ensign. The Naval Jack is just the same as the Union Jack however.....

[/url]

Not if there is an Admiral on board the ship.

slater_scott 14-06-2004 10:41

I was in school when that happened and some asians nicked my flag and shoved it in a bin. Its amazing how many flags are about now though. I wonder how many of those with them on now had them in the 2002 world cup, not many i bet.

yerself 14-06-2004 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWisp
I've seen taxi drivers (Asian) with St. George flags and yesterday I saw a young Asian lad wearing an England football shirt.

Which flag do you think they'd displaying or wearing if England were playing Pakistan or India at cricket?

Mik Dickinson 14-06-2004 13:25

Well i do not know about you lot but i have had to take some serious crap off all the Germans today.God i am rooting for the dutch tomorrow.See when england lose i get this off about 500 Germans.When we win i get to dish it out to 500.Which way would you guys prefer?

Neal 14-06-2004 13:49

Just keep them flags flying as they look good!

Mik Dickinson 14-06-2004 14:05

O they are flying Neal but not as high and as proud as i want them to be

Neal 14-06-2004 14:14

I must admit I was gutted when they SCORED 2 GOALS IN INJURY TIME but no need to keep mentioning that FRANCE SCORED 2 GOALS IN INJURY TIME..........forget it....! LOL

I'll be flying mine until i'm in my grave!

Tealeaf 14-06-2004 14:20

For France to score 2 goals in injury time is rank incompetance on the part of England.