Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Abu Qatada to be deported (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/abu-qatada-to-be-deported-45674.html)

Paz1976 12-11-2012 19:54

Re: Abu Qatada to be deported

Can't believe they have let him stay over here, that's why Britain is in such a crisis!!!

Paz1976 12-11-2012 19:55

They will be letting Abu Hamsa cum back next, pathetic!!

churchfcrules 12-11-2012 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1027676)
So....Qatada's back on the streets.

Someone who laid his life on the line for us is in the clink...

SAS war hero jailed after 'betrayal' - Telegraph

Go figure. :confused:

disgrace!!!!

this from a country who cant crack down on 15 year olds roaming the streets with weapons!!!!!!

Eric 12-11-2012 20:39

I was confused for a while ... and then I realized that this islamic nutbar is not the scumbag with the hooks ...

Eric 12-11-2012 20:45

I noticed that a lot of these assholes term themselves "muslim clerics" ... so what goes on inside their mosques? I'll be willing to bet that "peace" doesn't feature high on their preaching menu.

Less 12-11-2012 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1027701)
I noticed that a lot of these assholes term themselves "muslim clerics" ... so what goes on inside their mosques? I'll be willing to bet that "peace" doesn't feature high on their preaching menu.

Let's be honest, 'Clerics' of any nature always preach a form of prejudice.

While I was a child I used to have to go to a C of E Church, the guy on the pulpit there couldn't stand his own congregation so what chance did say, Catholics or even none Christian people have with him?

It's the same the whole World over.
:(

cashman 12-11-2012 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1027702)

While I was a child I used to have to go to a C of E Church, the guy on the pulpit there couldn't stand his own congregation so what chance did say, Catholics or even none Christian people have with him?

Not quite mate, C of E n Roman Catholic whilst not perfect, didn't celebrate when the twin towers came down.:(

Less 12-11-2012 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1027704)
Not quite mate, C of E n Roman Catholic whilst not perfect, didn't celebrate when the twin towers came down.:(

Did you used to stand in a pulpit and tell me how evil I and the rest of the world was every Sunday when I was about 8?

cashman 12-11-2012 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1027708)
Did you used to stand in a pulpit and tell me how evil I and the rest of the world is every Sunday when I was about 8?

Nah that was in the Railway.:D on a Sat.

Wynonie Harris 12-11-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1027702)

So did I (wonder if it was the same one? ;) ).

However, as far as I'm aware there are no vicars/priests/ministers at this moment in time who are regarded as a threat to national security.

accyman 12-11-2012 22:12

a new question mark has appeared yet again over Abu Hamsa's head today but luckily it was only because he was putting his arm up to ask if he could go to the toilet

Mancie 12-11-2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1027670)
Could not agree more, mate, but the ECHR's a different animal. Even if we left the EU, we'd still be in the ECHR. However, Blair and his mob made things worse by enshrining ECHR decisions in British law. I seem to recall Cameron making some noises about withdrawing from the ECHR and replacing it with some sort of British Court of Human Rights but of course it never happened. :rolleyes:

Umm hang on here lets get the facts right.. earlier the ECHR ruled that Qatada could be deported.. this latest ruling was not made by the European court of human rights but by a British judge in a British court of appeal.

Wynonie Harris 12-11-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 1027715)
Umm hang on here lets get the facts right.. earlier the ECHR ruled that Qatada could be deported.. this latest ruling was not made by the European court of human rights but by a British judge in a British court of appeal.

In 2009 the Law Lords ruled that upholding the principle of a fair trial in another jurisdiction “does not require the UK to retain, to the detriment of national security, a terrorist suspect”. If we were not beholden to the ECHR we could have deported him there and then.

However, the ECHR ruled in January this year that he should not be deported because he risks standing trial on evidence that was obtained by torture. To meet the concerns of the ECHR, Theresa May, obtained assurances from Jordan that he would not face an unfair trial. Qatada was allowed to challenge those new assurances at the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac), which has now ruled it is unsafe for him to return.

So as I say, Mancie, if we had nothing to do with the ECHR we could've deported him three years ago!

Mancie 13-11-2012 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1027718)

So as I say, Mancie, if we had nothing to do with the ECHR we could've deported him three years ago!

I have no doubt that if we had nothing to do with the ECHR this bloke would have been deported years ago.. but the facts are that todays ruling was made in a British court by a British judge.
From what I can make out on the news is that the ECHR in the end ruled that Qatada could legally be deported.. but this judge has rejected the deportation in a British court under British law.

Wynonie Harris 13-11-2012 00:30

The decision comes despite the fact the British courts have previously ruled that it is safe to return Qatada, who was once described at Osama bin Laden’s right hand man in Europe.

The case was only back at Siac because the European Court of Human Rights ruled earlier this year that he should not be deported because of the risk of torture evidence.

Today’s decision will fuel the row over European judges effectively dictating domestic law.

Seems clear enough to me. The ECHR have said he COULDN'T be deported and the SIAC ruling today simply confirmed that.

You sure you're not getting him mixed up with Hooky who the ECHR said COULD be deported. Easy to get confused with all these Abu's! ;)