Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

katex 01-05-2009 12:34

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 710011)
Perhaps I misunderstood then. :o

Well, I 'aint no expert either ... :D

katex 01-05-2009 12:51

Just wondering Gayle, if this just applies to the 'special' contract between HBC and the clamping firm for outside the Market Hall then, not the LCC and Parkwise as the rest of the borough ... that could make sense then.

jaysay 01-05-2009 16:06

Having read the article, it seems it was a mistake by the firm concerned and the error has been rectified

andrewb 01-05-2009 17:16

I was at the event as well, there was too much free alcohol for the people I was with to bring their car. :D

It appears though that it has been rectified.

katex 01-05-2009 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 710076)
Having read the article, it seems it was a mistake by the firm concerned and the error has been rectified

Not clear though whether the Fixed Parking Notice has been 'removed from their system f.o.c (LOL)' or the actual parking sign has been rectified. :confused:

katex 01-05-2009 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 709973)
Sent to council department and police

Whatever Mick, the council (not sure if HBC) are obliged to reply to every complaint/query if only an automatic one. They can be slow sometimes though !

shillelagh 02-05-2009 01:24

how about this for a mistake?:D:D:D

BBC NEWS | England | Parking fine for unused tractor

jaysay 02-05-2009 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 710105)
Not clear though whether the Fixed Parking Notice has been 'removed from their system f.o.c (LOL)' or the actual parking sign has been rectified. :confused:

It was a bit vague, but I would think that if the ticket was issued in error then it will have been recinded kate, no doubt if it hasn't we will be hearing about it long and hard;)

katex 02-05-2009 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 710295)
It was a bit vague, but I would think that if the ticket was issued in error then it will have been recinded kate, no doubt if it hasn't we will be hearing about it long and hard;)

Oh yes, Jaysay, sorry I wasn't too clear either ... the ticket was certainly recinded ... just wondered if they were amending the notice too, to show hours of operation which must be shown, unless private land of course, which don't think this is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 710256)
how about this for a mistake?:D:D:D

BBC NEWS | England | Parking fine for unused tractor

LOL Shill, I loved this one too:-

Real Radio Northwest - 105.4fm :: Gran's 41mph Speed Rap For Mobility Scooter

accyman 02-05-2009 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 710093)
I was at the event as well, there was too much free alcohol for the people I was with to bring their car. :D

It appears though that it has been rectified.

yes they took a waggon :D

Mick 15-05-2009 21:26

Well i got this E-mail today .......the spelling mistakes are there's they obviously don't have a spell checker :D
poor do when they cant spell ACCRINGTON:D

Good Morning

Sorry for the delay in replying to your email, but I wanted to speak to the PCSO for Church and Milnshaw about the incidents. I sopke to Ian McCarroll last night, he attended a meeting of West Accrington Residents Association. He asked me to forward your pictures to him, which I have done. I know you reportes the orginal incident to the Police, did they give you a reference number? If you have any more problems, Ian's email address is Acrington.NPT at lancashire.pnn.police.uk and his telephone number is Accrington --------. I will let you know what action, if any, the Police propose taking about the incidents.

If you have any more problems please contact me, either by email or on --------

Regards
Joan

Councillor Joan Smith
Church Ward

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Hyndburn Borough Council
An Excellent Council - As Rated By The Audit Commission

accyman 15-05-2009 21:34

thats a very long way of saying sod all

katex 15-05-2009 23:00

As Flashy would say "deary, deary me" .... (no insult Flashy .. love it) ... cannot repeat enough the police will not be the least bit interested ... not their domain any more, and not a criminal offence, so why should they issue you a reference number.

Strange E-mail .. not Claytonenders usual style ... :confused:

claytonender 17-05-2009 21:27

Sorry if my email to Mick didn't sound like my usual style (and I must give Mick my apologies for the spelling). But when I send emails from my HBC email from home, it doesn't spellcheck the email.

derekgas 18-05-2009 18:49

Sending email from home? Is that 'within the rules'? :D :p