Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

lancsdave 19-03-2009 19:16

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 694108)
They could pass it onto the parking wardens who might do more patrols etc in this area... '

As long as I have a hole in my a rse that won't happen :D

jaysay 20-03-2009 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 694152)
She has a better source than Google for such info - her son works in the realm of Transport Planning

Ha, I see Margaret, looks like you'll keep the crown after all:D

jaysay 20-03-2009 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 694186)
As long as I have a hole in my a rse that won't happen :D

Correct dave, but what annoys me is that if this happened in any other part of town, tickets would be in full flow, when all's said and don't the police know exactly whats going on, but choose not to do anything, they turn a blind I and do a Nelson "I See No Cars" :(

accyman 20-03-2009 11:23

im think at the bottom of willows lane they have removed the yellow no entry box unless your exit is clear just before the lights heading into accy

probably realised it was a waste of paint re-painting them lol

im pretty sur eits notthere anymore anyway but i may be wrong

emzy 20-03-2009 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 694478)
im think at the bottom of willows lane they have removed the yellow no entry box unless your exit is clear just before the lights heading into accy

Nope, your right, they haven't repainted it, many a time ive been sat behind the box and drivers from the side road have stopped in it waiting for the traffic to move, think it was a waste of paint anyway :rolleyes:

Mick 08-04-2009 06:06

1 Attachment(s)
Just an update
Not had a thing back over it
but its still going on as you can see:D
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...d-parking1.jpg

accyman 08-04-2009 10:13

after people not indicating my second biggest gripe is people who park too close to junctions . especialy in great big whopping vans

as i have said before UK traffic laws do not apply down blackburn road at all, i know other areas can be bad but that whole area takes it to the limit

driving along blackburn road is like enetering the wakey races,if you can get from church to accy center with both yuor wing mirors still intact you win:D

jaysay 08-04-2009 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 702066)
after people not indicating my second biggest gripe is people who park too close to junctions . especialy in great big whopping vans

as i have said before UK traffic laws do not apply down blackburn road at all, i know other areas can be bad but that whole area takes it to the limit

driving along blackburn road is like enetering the wakey races,if you can get from church to acy center with both yuor wing mirors still intact you win:D

The only time I've been given a parking ticket accyman was for parking to close to a road junction. It was in Carlisle back in 1974 and I'd parked up over night near our digs, the van was 13 feet from the junction. The thing is the ticket cost me just £2 in those days:D

Puffing Billy 08-04-2009 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 694478)

No good repainting it when the newly laid road surface is breaking up - Again. Who ever employed these people to do this resurfacing needs to get the money back and get a decent company to do it. Just shows that you get crap when you go for the cheapest.

mallard 08-04-2009 12:22

I hope you can get somthing done a bout it but i have seen this happen over the year,s when i was working on the road as a road sweeper and i think they will only do something when some one get,s hurt.

cashman 08-04-2009 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallard (Post 702109)
I hope you can get somthing done a bout it but i have seen this happen over the year,s when i was working on the road as a road sweeper and i think they will only do something when some one get,s hurt.

yer too optimistic mate, they won't do owt even then.:D;)

lancsdave 08-04-2009 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 702201)
yer too optimistic mate, they won't do owt even then.:D;)

Post 31 in this thread still stands :D

katex 08-04-2009 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 702205)

LOL Dave ..well, just keep bunging 'em in Mick (no reference to #31) might get one yet !!

jaysay 09-04-2009 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 702205)

You avatar says it all dave:rolleyes::D

churchman phil 10-04-2009 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 702013)
Just an update
Not had a thing back over it
but its still going on as you can see:D
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...d-parking1.jpg

Surely you didn't expect him to park in the area marked as the Bus stop Mick - he'd be impeding traffic flow and parking illegally then!! :D

There was a 4x4 parked near the bottom of Willows Lane about 4pm yesterday and it was so far onto the pavement you'd have had to edge past sideways!! Yet another who didn't want to impede the traffic!