Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   joanna lumley on gurkhas (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/joanna-lumley-on-gurkhas-47303.html)

nortype 07-05-2009 21:09

joanna lumley on gurkhas

title say's it all. today she said what every right thinking english man or woman is thinking why the wait what's the problem we think they they should come and be made very welcome has this government some problem with this. the wish of the people ?

Royboy39 07-05-2009 21:13

Re: joanna lumley on gurkhas

Quote:

Originally Posted by nortype (Post 711744)
title say's it all. today she said what every right thinking english man or woman is thinking why the wait what's the problem we think they they should come and be made very welcome has this government some problem with this. the wish of the people ?

Do you have a problem with that?

cherokee 07-05-2009 21:15

Go JL .. behind her 100% Its damn disgusting what this government are doing and high time someone stood up to them for the way they have treated the Ghurkas.

cashman 07-05-2009 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by nortype (Post 711744)

well i wish it, do you?

Wynonie Harris 07-05-2009 21:20

So, why don't the government just do the decent thing and follow the principle "if you're prepared to die for this country, then you can live here."? It's simple enough, isn't it?

nortype 07-05-2009 21:30

royboy39 my bigest problem is with some-one who cannot go with the feeling's of the british people.

nortype 07-05-2009 21:34

cashman yes I do

Royboy39 07-05-2009 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nortype (Post 711758)
royboy39 my bigest problem is with some-one who cannot go with the feeling's of the british people.

I'ts called power in the wrong hands or vote catching from the ones who really do not matter. :)

cashman 07-05-2009 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by nortype (Post 711764)
cashman yes I do

good as ya questioned the wish of the people i was not sure.:)

Royboy39 07-05-2009 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 711766)
good as ya questioned the wish of the people i was not sure.:)

I would think that, since wwII above one million, if not more soldiers have served with and alongside these lads who are dedicated and brave soldiers of the crown.
Let them in is my take and chuck the useless benefit claimers out.

Boeing Guy 08-05-2009 07:24

Could not agree more, this government has broken the covenant they had with our armed forces, forcing the public to start Help for Heroes. The Gurkha's are in the same boat. They should be allowed to stay in this country they have proved themselves.

I was fortunate to meet Rifleman Tul Bahadur Pun a few years ago at a Pilot's dinner party.

His history is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tul_Bahadur_Pun

Says it all in my opinion

cashman 08-05-2009 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 711815)
Could not agree more, this government has broken the covenant they had with our armed forces, forcing the public to start Help for Heroes. The Gurkha's are in the same boat. They should be allowed to stay in this country they have proved themselves.

I was fortunate to meet Rifleman Tul Bahadur Pun a few years ago at a Pilot's dinner party.

His history is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tul_Bahadur_Pun

Says it all in my opinion

ta fer that link boeing guy, mr puns a top geezer, :)

Boeing Guy 08-05-2009 08:56

Cashy he most certainly is, there were a few humbled people in that room that evening, myself included. It was a honour.

jaysay 08-05-2009 09:08

Just can't get my head round this, why can't this government save face hold their hands up and say okay we got it wrong, instead of keep shooting themselves in the foot:confused::confused:

cashman 08-05-2009 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 711847)
Just can't get my head round this, why can't this government save face hold their hands up and say okay we got it wrong, instead of keep shooting themselves in the foot:confused::confused:

i agree they should, just same as the tories should hold their hands up n say we never even considered this, all the years we were in power, no party should escape criticism who has been in power in my lifetime. the snipers always omit to say this.:rolleyes: