Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Had Enough (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/had-enough-48642.html)

Mick 04-08-2009 05:11

Had Enough

Sorry guys but i am sick and fed up of all the hassle and arguing on here
i am fed up of all the name calling .
i am really thinking of packing it all in
i have been a mod on here for 6 years and in that time i have had to take a lot of flack but took it to help Roy out
but i cant take it anymore i now know how kipax felt when he packed it in
i have really enjoyed it on here and have made a lot of friends but there are a few that just push things to far and this has happend once to often for me.
I have been sworn at, threatened with violence threatened to be sued and a lot of other things.
I have tried to help members and they just give sarcastic comments and try to stir things on site
and i can do without it and i am tired of it we used to have fun but cant do that these days .

I will stay until Roy gets back then have a word i will not leave him short of staff
But i really have had enough.

Mancie 04-08-2009 06:00

Re: Had Enough

hang on Mick..for all the crap you have put up with the fact is you are the Daddy on this site..you are the bloke that puts up with all this and if you jack it in it will die a slow death..in any situation there is always someone that sorts it out..like it or not... this site is not bigger than you or Roy.. you are the ones that control what is on and what is not on... I would not take your job on or any moderators job on this site but it is Your Website..like I say you and Roy own this site and if you feel so bad about moderating it then you can get rid of those who are causing the aggro..and that includes myself.,,and as an edit..there are mods on here that maybe should do more to help with your workload.

nortype 04-08-2009 06:46

just stop thinking about it mick. carry on the good work.

Wynonie Harris 04-08-2009 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 733164)
but there are a few that just push things to far and this has happend once to often for me.
I have been sworn at, threatened with violence threatened to be sued and a lot of other things.
I have tried to help members and they just give sarcastic comments and try to stir things on site

Ban 'em...and stay! :)

Eric 04-08-2009 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 733180)

D'accord ...

derekgas 04-08-2009 07:40

:eek: You cant do that Mick!! I agree with the above posts, AW needs you, just ban the troublemakers and please keep up the good work.

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2009 07:46

OH, Mick.......We all know what it is like to become disenchanted, and we are only the little cogs on here.
Please, re-think your decision. You have helped more people on here that anyone knows. By all means have a break......but if you do that, please come back.
You are a good moderator. We, the members of Accyweb can't let you go so easily.

Those who abuse you and threaten you should be ashamed of themselves.......and deserve to be banned....for life!(and if they threaten you bodily harm should be prosecuted).

garinda 04-08-2009 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 733185)
You are a good moderator.

I'll second that. Excellent.

You're always scrupulously fair, in my opinion.

Perhaps more people should be banned if they are a problem, and that includes myself.

I hope you reconsider. It would never be the same without you.

MargaretR 04-08-2009 08:51

Sad news indeed.:(
I hope you change your mind,
but I respect that you know what is best for you.

Mancie 04-08-2009 08:52

and while your at it ..can you please edit my post and place in't the "anything goes" section..check all the spelling and sort out any swearing... and thanks for doing a good job.

jaysay 04-08-2009 09:09

Well mick is one of the few Accy Web members I have met, and he's helped me on a few occasions. It must be hard work being a Mod especially in mick's position, 2 I. C. to Roy, but lets lets look at it logically mick is the face of Accy Web and things would not be the same without him. I think things can get out of hand sometimes, especially when it comes to political threads, and I'm as much to blame as anybody on that score, but Accy Web goes way beyond that to me. I hope that you reconsider mick, your one of the genuine people in life and AW would be lost without you

cashman 04-08-2009 09:13

Quote:

that sounds about right to me, i know fer fact ya help everyone ya can, this fer me is the best site out there n its got damn good mods. hope ya re-consider mate.:(

katex 04-08-2009 09:18

Sorry Mick .. not allowed. Presume you did not read the small print on your contract. Have to give 6 years notice.

entwisi 04-08-2009 09:20

Posted via Mobile Device

political threads will always become emotive and as long as personal insults are avoided i see no issue with them becoming heated. If they were in a poltical section then people could easily avoid them if that isn't your thing in the same way i don't look at most of the stanley stuff.

However i have been the subject of personal insults on here that went beyond banter by one of the most long serving members. In my opinion a short ban ( as used to happen, i specifically recall, tadah, flashy and others suffering these) and repeat offendors being banned for life( we have examples of this as well.

mick is a good Mod and I hope he reconsiders, perhaps after so long he just needs a break and to let some of the others take the strain for a while.

BERNADETTE 04-08-2009 10:35

Quote:

Agree and while your at it get some of the other mods to carry some of the load. You are a lovely man who has helped me more than enough times, I hope you reconsider Accyweb wouldn't be Accyweb without you:)