Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Flyers in the Accrington Observer (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/flyers-in-the-accrington-observer-48847.html)

Gayle 14-08-2009 07:05

Flyers in the Accrington Observer

This week, Hyndburn Mela committee paid quite a lot of money to have an A5 flyer inserted into every Accrington Observer.

I got my paper this morning and there wasn't a flyer in it so can everyone let me know whether there was one in theirs or not?

How unlucky would it be for mine to be the one paper that didn't have a leaflet in?

Mick 14-08-2009 07:06

Re: Flyers in the Accrington Observer

Got the Observer yesterday and there was one in that

flashy 14-08-2009 07:13

i got the Observer yesterday from the paper shop on the corner of Broadway and i didnt get any flyers in it

andrewb 14-08-2009 07:31

I won't know until I buy an Observer later today. I shall be at Mela though, just so happens I'm home to get ripped off for a passport ;)

katex 14-08-2009 07:48

Yes, I got one Gayle .. bought it at Asda yesterday afternoon.

Lilly 14-08-2009 07:49

My copy of the Observer had a mela flyer in it.
I get mine from the paper shop in Ossy, opposite the Town Hall.

Caz 14-08-2009 09:11

Not in ours...Pickup St Clayton, Spar.

jaysay 14-08-2009 09:18

I know why you didn't get one Gayle there was two in mine:D

garinda 14-08-2009 10:28

There wasn't one in my paper.

flashy 14-08-2009 10:32

from my experience with delivering papers when i was a kid....the shops get the papers and get the leaflets/flyers seperate and have to put them in themselves, if the papershop owner can't be bothered doing that then they dont get sent out, i dont think it will be the Observers fault if this is so, the blame is on the papershop

Gayle 14-08-2009 11:38

I thought it was part of the production process - where's Neil when you need him (probably still swanning around Tesco)? He'd know!

BERNADETTE 14-08-2009 11:46

There was one in mine, bought on Broadway

cashman 14-08-2009 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 736276)
I thought it was part of the production process - where's Neil when you need him (probably still swanning around Tesco)? He'd know!

I know wi the sunday/sat dailys Gayle the magazines are put in by the newsagent, cos ive had to ask where it is a couple of times. n the guy has got it from behind the counter, so i tend to think flashys right, its wether the newsagent can be arsed or not.

Gobbiner 14-08-2009 11:52

We got yours gail, spar in ossy
Posted via Mobile Device

Neil 14-08-2009 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 736276)

They are automatically inserted like you say Gayle. If you look at the paper you will see it is not folded in half, the front of the book over laps the back by about 1/2". This is so the inserting machines can open the book and place the insert inside before closing it again.

I would contact them ASAP and inform them that many of the copies sent out are missing your flyer.

Inserts are a big revenue stream for newspapers so I would expect them to do it properly. Typical of the Mirror they can't even get that right :rolleyes: