Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Voting for Christian in Politics (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/voting-for-christian-in-politics-50092.html)

shillelagh 26-10-2009 15:18

Re: Voting for Christian in Politics

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 756702)
Chriast Almighty.

Just when you thought it was safe to walk on the water.

Just a li'l tip.

The constituency of Hyndburn doesn't just consist of Accrington, and I believe the tent dwellers of Ossy, Harwood, Church, Rising Bridge etc., might also be in need of this information.

Blessed are the meek, and the feeble minded.

Us briggers dont need this information ... we are all beyond saving .. our church was turned into a house ... so we'll keep to living in our houses will keep us warm and cosy while accrington are shivering in their tents ... :D

***Mr D*** 26-10-2009 15:19

And this is still in Gerneral Chat.:confused::rolleyes:

Oh I forgot it has a taint of politics to it.:D

Less 26-10-2009 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 756767)
And this is still in Gerneral Chat.:confused::rolleyes:

Oh I forgot it has a taint of politics to it.:D

If all that Margaretr believes is true, I would have P.m.'d somebody and had it moved by now!

Wrong again, Maggie.

:o

Come on benipete, your turn.

MargaretR 26-10-2009 15:45

Since the thread starter is a christian tory - it would be the last thing I would expect

Less 26-10-2009 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 756775)
Since the thread starter is a christian tory - it would be the last thing I would expect

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, you've put forward many a view as to what I am, (some of them printable), but I would never have thought you so low to accuse me of being either, 'Christian', or 'tory', please maggie get a grip!
:D

Of course I'm presuming this is in answer to my former post.

garinda 26-10-2009 15:53

By the way, I'm not prejudiced against Christians.

I voted for one in the last General Election.

MargaretR 26-10-2009 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 756778)
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, you've put forward many a view as to what I am, (some of them printable), but I would never have thought you so low to accuse me of being either, 'Christian', or 'tory', please maggie get a grip!

Of course I'm presuming this is in answer to my former post.

Unless you have mod powers, it is clear to whom I refer and it is not you:rolleyes:
PS despite our differences I would never insult you in that fashion;)

Less 26-10-2009 16:21

Here's a thought so far as politics and religion.

If I vote for a politician, as soon as he get's into power I expect him to lie, after all it is for my better good that sometimes I shouldn't know the truth, (yeah right, keep me in infant school), he knows he's lied, I know he's lied, but a sort of equilibrium is worked out between us.

If a religious person, (that I didn't get the chance to vote for), starts telling me something, I know that he believes what he is saying and I might even be kind enough not to tell him he believes in lies.

However, if I get the chance to vote for a 'religious politician', I would always favour a corrupt politician or ruin my vote.

Why? Because not only is the 'religious politician' going to lie, (whether he knows it or not), but because he believes in those lies, he won't ever under any, circumstances support my view, after all, I am obviously a heathen or a blasphemer, therefore my opinion is worth diddly squat to this man with 'right', on his side.

AND ANYONE THAT DISAGREES ISN'T A GOOD CHRISTIAN!

accyman 26-10-2009 16:48

i managed to read 4 lines of the 1st post before getting a overwhelming urge to tell the thread starter to shove their bible, religion and false god up their arse.

how far did everyone esle get ?

andrewb 26-10-2009 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 756783)
Unless you have mod powers, it is clear to whom I refer and it is not you:rolleyes:
PS despite our differences I would never insult you in that fashion;)

Perhaps you should contact the mod by PM if you have a query. That's where it should be dealt with.

Now back to the subject.. I want to vote for somebody that has ultimate loyalty to those whom elect them. God and the pope don't have a vote in Hyndburn.

Eric 26-10-2009 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 756799)
i managed to read 4 lines of the 1st post before getting a overwhelming urge to tell the thread starter to shove their bible, religion and false god up their arse.

how far did everyone esle get ?

I got as far as "christian" .... :eek:

lancsdave 26-10-2009 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 756802)
God and the pope don't have a vote in Hyndburn.

You sure ? From what I've heard postal votes are a useful method of voting tactics :rolleyes:

Benipete 26-10-2009 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 756768)
If all that Margaretr believes is true, I would have P.m.'d somebody and had it moved by now!

Wrong again, Maggie.

:o

Come on benipete, your turn.

Not sure what people mean by Religion.People are what people are.

Now my idea of religion is to be fair - honest - helpful and to do the best I can to help my fellow man to the best of my ability.I refuse to be pigeon holed into any of the so called religious " Orders" as they all conflict with my ideals of fair play.

Now please excuse me the Christians are playing up and the Lions are Clamming:D:D

Eric 26-10-2009 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 756841)
Not sure what people mean by Religion.People are what people are.

Now my idea of religion is to be fair - honest - helpful and to do the best I can to help my fellow man to the best of my ability.I refuse to be pigeon holed into any of the so called religious " Orders" as they all conflict with my ideals of fair play.

Now please excuse me the Christians are playing up and the Lions are Clamming:D:D

Ok ... it's half time: Lions 5 Christians 0 ... and the Christians are thinking of bringing in a suicide bomber in order to turn this game around.:mosher:

accyman 26-10-2009 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 756851)
Ok ... it's half time: Lions 5 Christians 0 ... and the Christians are thinking of bringing in a suicide bomber in order to turn this game around.:mosher:

good to see christians and muslims able to work together then :)