Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Voting for Christian in Politics (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/voting-for-christian-in-politics-50092.html)

Alex Ross 26-10-2009 11:10

Voting for Christian in Politics

Thanks for the opportunity of explaining why you should support christian politicians. I will presume that you are a non christian although my arguments will be largely Bible based. :)
This is why I shall support Kevin:

1. Corruption and Abuse of Power comes from sin and evil within us.
Christians have the power to overcome sin and evil. This is not to say everyone in politics is evil (thank God). Lets look at this more like Christ. The grace of Christ is freely available to politicians to overcome their personal problems and failings.
I have availed myself of that and I believe Kevin has too. The bible says "the Son of Man HAS POWER :D to FORGIVE SINS". :)
If polticians are seen to be failing on a personal level then christians have two responcibilities.
First to show them that Christ can deliver them.
Secondly we cannot ignore our own calling to save the people. Politicians are not saving the British people from any significant problem. Christ is the way.

2. We should uphold the arms of leaders sent by God (Exodus 17:10-13).
Hur and Aaron accompanied Moses to the top of a hill to watch Joshua fight the Amalekites.
As long as Moses had his hands held up the Israelites were winning the battle.
Hur and Aaron did their best to help Moses hold up his arms and the Israelites achieved victory.
Our victory will not be a physical battle or war but a good and prosperous society

3. This brings me to a more important point. What do we mean by democracy. Their have been different forms of democratic government. I seem to recall that the ancient Greeks considered it their personal duty as a citizen to give public speeches. I think this is closer to the biblical truth. Christ does not only expect you to vote for Kevin He expects you to be involved in a personal way that I described above.
Now that may seem a little negative so let me explain how and why Christ wants to bless Hyndburn.
1. Accrington is on God's heart (Hebrews 11) :D. I bear witness that Chriast is blessing Rio de Janeiros, Mumbae, Moscow, Macao, and Xiamen. If Christ can raise up these cities is it so difficult to raise up Accrington?
We are living in tents in Accrington when Christ wants to give us a city of His design.
V9. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
v10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
How does God find Accrington today? How does He want to build it?
v14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own.
v15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return.
v16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their (and Kevin's) God, for he has prepared a city for them (and Kevin - note this is NOT only the heavenly one).
Christ has already prepared all this for Accrington. WE just need to accept it.
Let those who have ears, hear.
Alex

Benipete 26-10-2009 11:20

Re: Voting for Christian in Politics

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.:bangh8::bangh8::bangh8:

Wynonie Harris 26-10-2009 11:21

This is all very well, but is He going to save Stanley? ;)

Less 26-10-2009 11:24

Enoch was right, You let one in and that opens the floodgates for them all, come back life, god botherers are even worse.:mad:

(I don't think the new testament is as long as this first post)!

garinda 26-10-2009 11:31

The reasons I wouldn't ever vote for this man, are given in this thread.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...gan-49652.html

Wynonie Harris 26-10-2009 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Ross (Post 756689)
he lived in tents, as did Isaac

So...the owd lad's gone camping? Thought I hadn't seen him around town for awhile. Have Florrie and Vito gone with him?

Boeing Guy 26-10-2009 11:42

me neither.
This guy is just as bad as the fascists:lamer:

garinda 26-10-2009 11:42

Quote:

Accrington is on God's heart (Hebrews 11) :D. I bear witness that Chriast is blessing Rio de Janeiros, Mumbae, Moscow, Macao, and Xiamen. If Christ can raise up these cities is it so difficult to raise up Accrington?
We are living in tents in Accrington when Christ wants to give us a city of His design.

Chriast Almighty.

Just when you thought it was safe to walk on the water.

Just a li'l tip.

The constituency of Hyndburn doesn't just consist of Accrington, and I believe the tent dwellers of Ossy, Harwood, Church, Rising Bridge etc., might also be in need of this information.

Blessed are the meek, and the feeble minded.

Boeing Guy 26-10-2009 11:44

Alex, can the name calling at least wait until this evening, as I have to go to Barcelona and Tanger, twice today.

Wynonie Harris 26-10-2009 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 756702)
The constituency of Hyndburn doesn't just consist of Accrington, and I believe the tent dwellers of Ossy, Harwood, Church, Rising Bridge etc., might also be in need of this information.

See, I TOLD you, they should've changed the name of the whole borough to Accrington. That way you would've been saved! :D

garinda 26-10-2009 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 756704)
See, I TOLD you, they should've changed the name of the whole borough to Accrington. That way you would've been saved! :D

Yes, but your old school chum, Peter Britcliffe, just wanted to change the name of tthe borough council, at some considerable cost.

The Parliamentary Consitituency would have remained as Hyndburn.

;)

:D

Wynonie Harris 26-10-2009 12:28

Constituencies, councils, it's all the Kingdom of the Lord!

I notice that our new friend has disappeared now Do you think he's gone to report back to Kev the Rev that he's got a lot of work to do amongst the heathen folk of AccyWeb? ;)

spex357 26-10-2009 13:03

I dont support by choice any religious person, i think they need to get a grip on life and if they need a book to follow how about the Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (aged 13 and 3/4s) its stood me in good stead for all my years.

lancsdave 26-10-2009 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by spex357 (Post 756720)
I dont support by choice any religious person, i think they need to get a grip on life and if they need a book to follow how about the Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (aged 13 and 3/4s) its stood me in good stead for all my years.

I would suggest the Kama Sutra, they would have less time to be bored :D

david1 26-10-2009 15:14

Can life and this geezer not make a " social group " then they can both rattle on to their hearts content , without me reading it !!!

shillelagh 26-10-2009 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 756702)
Chriast Almighty.

Just when you thought it was safe to walk on the water.

Just a li'l tip.

Blessed are the meek, and the feeble minded.

Us briggers dont need this information ... we are all beyond saving .. our church was turned into a house ... so we'll keep to living in our houses will keep us warm and cosy while accrington are shivering in their tents ... :D

***Mr D*** 26-10-2009 16:19

And this is still in Gerneral Chat.:confused::rolleyes:

Oh I forgot it has a taint of politics to it.:D

Less 26-10-2009 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 756767)
And this is still in Gerneral Chat.:confused::rolleyes:

Oh I forgot it has a taint of politics to it.:D

If all that Margaretr believes is true, I would have P.m.'d somebody and had it moved by now!

Wrong again, Maggie.

:o

Come on benipete, your turn.

MargaretR 26-10-2009 16:45

Since the thread starter is a christian tory - it would be the last thing I would expect

Less 26-10-2009 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 756775)
Since the thread starter is a christian tory - it would be the last thing I would expect

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, you've put forward many a view as to what I am, (some of them printable), but I would never have thought you so low to accuse me of being either, 'Christian', or 'tory', please maggie get a grip!

Of course I'm presuming this is in answer to my former post.

garinda 26-10-2009 16:53

By the way, I'm not prejudiced against Christians.

I voted for one in the last General Election.

MargaretR 26-10-2009 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 756778)
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, you've put forward many a view as to what I am, (some of them printable), but I would never have thought you so low to accuse me of being either, 'Christian', or 'tory', please maggie get a grip!

Of course I'm presuming this is in answer to my former post.

Unless you have mod powers, it is clear to whom I refer and it is not you:rolleyes:
PS despite our differences I would never insult you in that fashion;)

Less 26-10-2009 17:21

Here's a thought so far as politics and religion.

If I vote for a politician, as soon as he get's into power I expect him to lie, after all it is for my better good that sometimes I shouldn't know the truth, (yeah right, keep me in infant school), he knows he's lied, I know he's lied, but a sort of equilibrium is worked out between us.

If a religious person, (that I didn't get the chance to vote for), starts telling me something, I know that he believes what he is saying and I might even be kind enough not to tell him he believes in lies.

However, if I get the chance to vote for a 'religious politician', I would always favour a corrupt politician or ruin my vote.

Why? Because not only is the 'religious politician' going to lie, (whether he knows it or not), but because he believes in those lies, he won't ever under any, circumstances support my view, after all, I am obviously a heathen or a blasphemer, therefore my opinion is worth diddly squat to this man with 'right', on his side.

AND ANYONE THAT DISAGREES ISN'T A GOOD CHRISTIAN!

accyman 26-10-2009 17:48

i managed to read 4 lines of the 1st post before getting a overwhelming urge to tell the thread starter to shove their bible, religion and false god up their arse.

how far did everyone esle get ?

andrewb 26-10-2009 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 756783)
Unless you have mod powers, it is clear to whom I refer and it is not you:rolleyes:
PS despite our differences I would never insult you in that fashion;)

Perhaps you should contact the mod by PM if you have a query. That's where it should be dealt with.

Now back to the subject.. I want to vote for somebody that has ultimate loyalty to those whom elect them. God and the pope don't have a vote in Hyndburn.

Eric 26-10-2009 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 756799)
i managed to read 4 lines of the 1st post before getting a overwhelming urge to tell the thread starter to shove their bible, religion and false god up their arse.

how far did everyone esle get ?

I got as far as "christian" .... :eek:

lancsdave 26-10-2009 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 756802)
God and the pope don't have a vote in Hyndburn.

You sure ? From what I've heard postal votes are a useful method of voting tactics :rolleyes:

Benipete 26-10-2009 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 756768)
If all that Margaretr believes is true, I would have P.m.'d somebody and had it moved by now!

Wrong again, Maggie.

:o

Come on benipete, your turn.

Not sure what people mean by Religion.People are what people are.

Now my idea of religion is to be fair - honest - helpful and to do the best I can to help my fellow man to the best of my ability.I refuse to be pigeon holed into any of the so called religious " Orders" as they all conflict with my ideals of fair play.

Now please excuse me the Christians are playing up and the Lions are Clamming:D:D

Eric 26-10-2009 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 756841)
Not sure what people mean by Religion.People are what people are.

Now my idea of religion is to be fair - honest - helpful and to do the best I can to help my fellow man to the best of my ability.I refuse to be pigeon holed into any of the so called religious " Orders" as they all conflict with my ideals of fair play.

Now please excuse me the Christians are playing up and the Lions are Clamming:D:D

Ok ... it's half time: Lions 5 Christians 0 ... and the Christians are thinking of bringing in a suicide bomber in order to turn this game around.:mosher:

accyman 26-10-2009 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 756851)
Ok ... it's half time: Lions 5 Christians 0 ... and the Christians are thinking of bringing in a suicide bomber in order to turn this game around.:mosher:

good to see christians and muslims able to work together then :)

Benipete 26-10-2009 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 756853)
good to see christians and muslims able to work together then :)

They must have been the British Lions.:D

cashman 26-10-2009 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 756819)
I got as far as "christian" .... :eek:

far as i got also.:rolleyes:

egg&chips 26-10-2009 20:27

Did I miss something or did this guy spit in everybody's grandma's eye? I know some have used logic and humour to counter the first post, but the amount of spleen venting seems disproportionate to the sentiments expressed; I wonder why.

Wynonie Harris 26-10-2009 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 756878)
but the amount of spleen venting seems disproportionate to the sentiments expressed; I wonder why.

I think it might have been when he told them all they lived in tents. ;)

Benipete 26-10-2009 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 756895)
I think it might have been when he told them all they lived in tents. ;)

Or it could be that(in my opinion)And I stress mine alone - He is a nut case:D:D

Eric 27-10-2009 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 756878)
Did I miss something or did this guy spit in everybody's grandma's eye? I know some have used logic and humour to counter the first post, but the amount of spleen venting seems disproportionate to the sentiments expressed; I wonder why.

Probably 'cause government according to the Ten Commandments is about as popular as government by Sharia Law.:)

Restless 27-10-2009 08:09

I can easily say that everything stated in the first post will be the exact reasons why im not voting for kevin.. .and i couldn't even fetch myself to read anything there

spex357 27-10-2009 16:21

I have just realised i am prejudice against polititians especially of the Conservative variety as well as religious hobbyists ;(

egg&chips 27-10-2009 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 756965)
Probably 'cause government according to the Ten Commandments is about as popular as government by Sharia Law.:)

Aren't a lot of our laws based on those anyway?(E.g. the killing and stealing stuff?)

Less 27-10-2009 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by egg&chips (Post 757129)
Aren't a lot of our laws based on those anyway?(E.g. the killing and stealing stuff?)

No, the religious laws, of many faith's are based on what is practical, unfortunately they get interpreted differently, by different people, that is why religious people fight each other.

We should consider the practical but ignore the, 'I have God on my side', brigade and maybe we as a nation, as mixed as it now is could live in harmony.

Pay attention to a religious Politician and it's inevitably going to mean many will die from their incitement but the 'Expert', with God on his side will drive us all apart.
:cool:

Alex Ross 27-10-2009 17:21

Hi to one and all,
Thanks for your replies. I am surprised I got so many.
Sorrry I haven't replied but the replies are not sent onto my email address.
I thought shallow mindedness was supposed to be the preserve of religious believers but obviously not.
Being called a fascist for quoting scripture seems a bit over the top don't you think?
I know the difference between Hyndburn and Accrington well enough but I don't see why that's such a big issue. When I need a passport to go to Oswaldtwistle I will start to worry.
Now if you the critics amongst you really want me to sit and listen to your objections why not put forward your own solutions/opinions?
I promise not to call YOU fascists... Honest
Alex

Alex Ross 27-10-2009 17:31

Hello egg&chips,
Of course and well done for thinking on what I said before opening your mouth.:)
I would say this ( your mention of laws such as do not kill) shows the PROPER application of God's Laws brings blessings not curses.
I admit religious leaders can get things wrong that's why we need righteous laws to guide us. As a christian I know it provides a starting place or point to produce a better society.
Unfortunately no-one has yet come up with a way of creating a better society without laws or government. If you anyone can - then that would be news!
Yours sincerely,
Alex

Quote:

Less 27-10-2009 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Ross (Post 757164)
Being called a fascist for quoting scripture seems a bit over the top don't you think?

Please don't consider yourself a Martyr to the cause, you are just another one that we knew wouldn't/couldn't take a hint, I hope you won't take this terribly personal but, go away, stop posting, you should have realised that you aren't wanted.

accyweb has been invaded by your types for far too long, please let us go back to just being a site for ex pat's, their relatives, and people that want to talk to each other, rather than what it seems to have become, folk like you that, because this is a busy it site should have a captive audience for your beliefs, If you want to spout religion etc, start your own site, if nobody comes to it, don't invade our site.

garinda 27-10-2009 17:48

Just another little tip.

For your first post it might have been wise to post a cheery hello in the relevant introduction thread, rather than go in all guns blazing, prattling on about tents in Accrington, and God rebuilding Rio etc.

If you'd read the post correctly, no one called you a fascist, but said you were as 'bad as the fascists'. We had one posting this weekend, who was making as much sense as your initial post did.

As I said in the linked thread I gave, I will never vote for Mr. Logan, not only because he is as far removed from the gentle, kind Jesus I know, but because he uses religion as a cover to spread his own vile prejudices.

He is a self publicist, who really hasn't that much to publicise, and politics seems just another platform for him to share his rather nasty views.

Eric 27-10-2009 18:56

Quote:

Maybe ... but those are the laws that seem to be broken most often, especially by those in power: the expense scandal, the invasion of Iraq and the present conflict in Afghanistan .... not to mention the two dust ups in the twentieth century .... and the capitalist economy couldn't exist without people going around coveting their neighbours' stuff.:rolleyes:

Eric 27-10-2009 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Ross (Post 757174)
Hello egg&chips,
Of course and well done for thinking on what I said before opening your mouth.:)
I would say this ( your mention of laws such as do not kill) shows the PROPER application of God's Laws brings blessings not curses.
I admit religious leaders can get things wrong that's why we need righteous laws to guide us. As a christian I know it provides a starting place or point to produce a better society.
Unfortunately no-one has yet come up with a way of creating a better society without laws or government. If you anyone can - then that would be news!
Yours sincerely,
Alex

"No-one has yet to come up etc. ..... " Of course they have ... if you take your head out of your bible for a while and do a little reading you will find this ...

"The liberty of man consists solely in this: that he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed upon him by any extrinsic will whatever, divine or human, collective or individual" Mikhail Bakunin.

And from the same source: "People go to church for the same reasons they go to a tavern: to stupify themselves, to forget their misery, to imagine themselves, for a few minutes anyway, free and happy."

Maybe you should read more.:rolleyes:

katex 27-10-2009 19:53

Quote:

Yes, of course Egg & Chips, but to bring yourself up-to-date with the way we have evolved, have to add laws like:

Thou shall not let your dog poop on public footfalls

Thou shall not abuse speed limits with thy chariots.

Thou shall not abuse the public purse with expenses afforded you by the public purse.

Sure, our members can think of many more ... the 10 commandments are just the basics of which would have been put in place by anyone without Moses's religious backing, which was just, probably, a caring man frustrated by his people's wrongdoings.

Alex ... I don't think you are any Max Clifford, and have not done Kevin Logan any favours here at all. Stop preaching/talking down to us and give us a solid manifesto of what he proposes to do to help this country, would have more respect for this.

Gayle 27-10-2009 22:24

Just as a note - we went up Snowden earlier this year and if you listen to the clips on the Snowden Mountain Railway website it says that from the top of Snowden you can see

The five kingdoms - Wales, England, Ireland the Isle of Man and the Kingdom of Heaven.

Now say all that with a welsh accent and it sounds so much more believable. :D

MargaretR 27-10-2009 22:28

Those 'nyar nyar hymn singin methodies' have overrun the roof of the world:eek:

garinda 28-10-2009 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 757357)

At least Ruth Madoc still has a bit or work coming in.

Hi-di-hi.

Ho-di-ho.

garinda 28-10-2009 08:25

That's the trouble when people come on here to try and preach at us, be it religion, politics, conspiracy theories about end of the world, whatever....most of them aren't very good at preaching.

Rule number 1.
Get the attention of your congregation/audience, and keep them on your side.

If not we're highly unlikely still to be listening by the time you get to your actual message, and are more likely to be whizzing our hymn books at you, or tearing up the pews, to make sure we have enough wood to form a strong barricade, to prevent you from ever returning.

;)

Eric 28-10-2009 18:54

By the way, I've checked Hebrews 11 and can find no mention of Accrington:confused: Maybe the original post is a goof, a joke to get us all going. If it isn't, maybe it's just self-parody:confused::rolleyes: Maybe I should check out a concordance and see if I can find Accrington.

No mention of Kingston either .... unless "Kingston" is a short form of "Kingdom of Heaven" .... mmmm, it's a nice place we have going here, but not quite heavenly:confused:

garinda 28-10-2009 19:25

Quote:

1. Accrington is on God's heart (Hebrews 11) :D. I bear witness that Chriast is blessing Rio de Janeiros, Mumbae, Moscow, Macao, and Xiamen. If Christ can raise up these cities is it so difficult to raise up Accrington?

Have you find Chriast (sic) yet though?

:rolleyes:

Eric 28-10-2009 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 757857)
Have you find Chriast (sic) yet though?

Third tent on the left as you go towards the Coppice:rolleyes:

Less 28-10-2009 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 757860)
Third tent on the left as you go towards the Coppice:rolleyes:

From which direction?

Eric 28-10-2009 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 757863)
From which direction?

Up Bold Street I think ... but my memory is going as fast as my sex drive;):D

Less 28-10-2009 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 757864)
but my memory is going as fast as my sex drive;):D

So you've finally reached puberty then?

Benipete 28-10-2009 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 757357)

Hope you were not having a dig at John and Charles.:p Wonderful hymn writers and all round good eggs.:theband:

Eric 28-10-2009 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 757869)
So you've finally reached puberty then?

Getting there ...

Actually I'm hornier than a two peckered billy goat ... maybe christ can cure that. Well, once he's taken care of Accrington he might have time.

steeljack 28-10-2009 20:48

my question is ...why are people living in tents when there are 2200 empty houses ?

from another thread ..."Can I just say on the housing and swamping issue there are 2200 empties in Hyndburn. Schools in these areas have falling rolls and can't fill their intake like they once did. "

Eric 28-10-2009 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 757882)
my question is ...why are people living in tents when there are 2200 empty houses ?

from another thread ..."Can I just say on the housing and swamping issue there are 2200 empties in Hyndburn. Schools in these areas have falling rolls and can't fill their intake like they once did. "

Maybe it's a "making a statement thing" ... Accringtonians want to show that they are First Nations; so they are moving into teepees.:confused::rolleyes:

Less 28-10-2009 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 757882)

God knows, I'll ask him next time my bush self-ignites.

garinda 29-10-2009 01:00

If God's finished rebuilding Rio, fabulously quaint shanty slums, by the way, and is about to start on Accrington, could we have a beach as well please?

Perhaps God could exchange Accrington's present tents for nice little chalets?

He could be like an omnipresent Billy Butlin.

Alex Ross 30-10-2009 15:18

Voting for Christians in Politics > Reply to Eric

Hello Eric,
It seems unlikely I am going to be able to answer everyone but I will consider what you are all posting and come back to you all.

Do you think "natural laws" are good enough?
Isn't the case that people rape, plunder, and pillage naturally?
Our natural disposition is to sin for all have fallen short of the glory of God.
What is natural for you need not fbe natural for anyone else either. This need not be a bad thing. Being a stamp collector (for instance) is far from my ideal of what comes naturally but please don't denounce me for stampism.

I accept that you have got your own position which you are standing up for. I can respect you for that even if I disagree with you.

What I would prefer though is to establish a position so that we can agree and see Hyndburn raised up: "can two walk together unless they are first agreed?":)

I have never said I was looking for a quarrel. So I think most people have wrongly taken the huff.
You are also correct in your throw away line too. Read Ecclesiastes about reading too many books! What we read is important but not how much!

You have made your point politely and in a civilised manner. Thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 757241)
"No-one has yet to come up etc. ..... " Of course they have ... if you take your head out of your bible for a while and do a little reading you will find this ...

"The liberty of man consists solely in this: that he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed upon him by any extrinsic will whatever, divine or human, collective or individual" Mikhail Bakunin.

And from the same source: "People go to church for the same reasons they go to a tavern: to stupify themselves, to forget their misery, to imagine themselves, for a few minutes anyway, free and happy."

Maybe you should read more.:rolleyes:

Alex Ross 30-10-2009 15:30

Kingston Canada > Not in the Bible

Hi,
Welcome.
It seems you see "trees standing". My point is that although Canada may not be in the Bible but Jesus came to save Canadians. Now my concern is to continue seeing Jesus bless Accrington.
You see that Kingston "falls short of the glory of God". Fine. There will be no earthly city that reaches that standard. However that does not excuse me from trying to make Kingston a better place (if thats what people there want).
I dont think jesus should make an exception of citizens of Kingston and deny them salvation?
Yours sincerely,
Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 757850)
By the way, I've checked Hebrews 11 and can find no mention of Accrington:confused: Maybe the original post is a goof, a joke to get us all going. If it isn't, maybe it's just self-parody:confused::rolleyes: Maybe I should check out a concordance and see if I can find Accrington.

No mention of Kingston either .... unless "Kingston" is a short form of "Kingdom of Heaven" .... mmmm, it's a nice place we have going here, but not quite heavenly:confused:

cashman 30-10-2009 15:38

Re: Kingston Canada > Not in the Bible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Ross (Post 758546)
Hi,
However that does not excuse me from trying to make Kingston a better place (if thats what people there want).
I dont think jesus should make an exception of citizens of Kingston and deny them salvation?
Yours sincerely,
Alex

if the citizens of Kingston do want that.....Be my guest.:D

Less 30-10-2009 15:50

Quote:

Hi,
Welcome.

Alex

Alex I have removed all except
Welcome,

Why? because Eric has made himself,
Welcome,

You however have no right at all to welcome anyone to the site, this site was built over several years with hard work, comradeship & the wish to help others, (that happened by accident, but we,the members are proud that 'anyone', with or without a religious leaning, will be helped in many ways, quietly and without fuss, and most often without anyone knowing, because we as a site care), please do not ruin by your narrow views what is open to the whole world, no matter what faith or creed, by bringing your useless, views to our notice.

Although our members sometimes get a touch hot under the collar about, such things as terrorism, tax or dole fiddling, we maintain an open forum, in which friends of any race, colour or creed can put forward their view.

Could you imagine the outcry if one of our members was to start a theread,

'Voting for Islam in Politics'

or

'Voting for Jews in politics'

We as a site would re-act against them as we are doing towards you! Please stop you're prejudice, we are happy as we are.

garinda 30-10-2009 16:09

Re: Voting for Christians in Politics > Reply to Eric

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Ross (Post 758543)
Our natural disposition is to sin

Speak for yourself, but please don't include me in your skewed observation.

Personally I've found the many members of Accy Web I've met, and those I haven't, have shown themselves to be naturally kind, and helpful, and certainly not fighting some natural urge to be sinful.

As posted earlier, if you intend to use this forum to preach to us all, you are failing woefully in getting any support for your cause.

Happily, because you're so bad at garnering backing for the odious Mr. Logan, I applaud your efforts.

God moves in mysterious ways, and seems to have sent you to increase the chance of Mr. Logan losing his deposit, and that gladdens this 'sinner's' heart.

:)

Wynonie Harris 30-10-2009 16:20

Quote:

Now my concern is to continue seeing Jesus bless Accrington.

That's all very well, but do you think he could have a word with the HMRC?

bullseyebarb 30-10-2009 16:50

Wow. What a debut! I had no idea that the Almighty could elicit such passion in The County Palatine.

Got to agree with garinda. This is not the way to attract support for your candidate. Facta, non verba. Just live your faith and lead by example. We can do without the megaphone.

garinda 30-10-2009 18:46

Quote:

Talking of sin, natural or unnatural, I'd like to share a little parable of my own...

It came to pass in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty seven, that I felt compelled to help someone less fortunate than myself.

With the help of a charitable agency I became a Buddy (friend/helper/carer) to a wretched soul. This person had been ostracised from their family, and shunned by their neighbours, because they were suffering from some terrible disease.

At the same time a foolish man was making proclamations that this disease had been sent from God to purge the world of sinners. Sinners who abused narcotics, or lay with members of their own gender.

This greatly confused this poor and sickly person.

They didn't feel as if they were a sinner. They'd married their spouse in a holy place, and had only ever lay with their spouse, and had no carnal knowledge of anyone other than that spouse.

Sadly, this poor woman's husband, thinking he was safe from this disease, because a supposed holy man said it would only attack those sinners who were abusing narcotics, or who lay with members of their own sex, had adulterous relationships with fallen women, from far and wide.

Sadly this women's husband passed away, leaving her totally alone and isolated. Confused as to why God had inflicted this burden on her, when she wasn't one of the chosen sinners.

With great courage and dignity, the poor woman passed away the following year, still at a loss as to understand why she'd been killed by a disease that only affected sinners....at least according to the then Rev. Kevin Logan.

The moral of the story?

There are sins and acts of evil carried out every day, some by those who choose to hide behind religious masks.

Amen.

Restless 30-10-2009 19:12

Quote:

Oh my but what is 'sin' its the rules we make for ourselves.

Like the 10 commandments...(discounting the few worship me bollocks ones)

Honor your father and mother - Not for everbody. Those that was born into a family of really bad parenting will probally never honor their parents. As for me i do this anyway because i love my mum and dad NOT BECAUSE GOD TOLD ME TO

You shall not murder - well it just feels right to me not to do this... It really does. Why? because its wrong NOT BECAUSE GOD TOLD NOT TO

You shall not commit adultery - Well if i love somebody enough i wont do this NOT BECAUSE GOD TOLD NOT TO

You shall not steal
- I pride myself on being an honest person. I struggle everyday through life to pay for my well being. Somehow i make it. I dont steal because its wrong. NOT BECAUSE GOD TOLD NOT TO

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
- Again i pride myself on being honest & I dont know my neighbours. 1) is a guy that is so odd all his windows are blacked out by blankets, he comes and goes through the back door and his garden is DISGUSTING 2) other way are Asians and i dont think they care about Cristianity BOLD TEXT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY AT THIS POINT

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
- Wait, Isn't this the same as adultery... Oh no wait. We haven't to even 'think' about our neighour's wife either way.

SEE ABOVE FOR WHY I DONT COVET MY NEIGHBOURS WIFE...(really i think its pretty obvious)

You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
- damn it i really waNT that HD 50'' LCD televison

So what is sin its basically a bunch of bad things that ANY DECENT PERSON SHOULD'NT DO NO MATTER WHAT 'GOD' SAYS IS WRONG

stuff it

Eric 30-10-2009 19:36

Quote:

Hi,
Welcome.
It seems you see "trees standing". My point is that although Canada may not be in the Bible but Jesus came to save Canadians. Now my concern is to continue seeing Jesus bless Accrington.
You see that Kingston "falls short of the glory of God". Fine. There will be no earthly city that reaches that standard. However that does not excuse me from trying to make Kingston a better place (if thats what people there want).
Yours sincerely,
Alex

Canadians can take care of themselves ... all of us, Europeans, Asians, First Nations (who subscribe to a spirituality that I sometimes feel attracted to), whether we speak Cree, English, French, Manderin, G'wcihen or whatever ...

I agree with Barb (this must be the third of fourth time I've done this;)); lose the megaphone ... join in the general debate, but don't try to hijack it by assuming that your positioin brooks no rational argument or rebuttal.

There is a little verse from the First World War; I hope Retlaw will correct me if I get it wrong:

Gott straffe England;
God Save the King;
God do this, God do that;
God do everything.
Good God! said God;
I've got my work cut out.

I would argue that God takes a lot of time off work: 1914-1918, and 1939-1945 were just two examples ... it's not surprising that many historians view the First World War as the beginning of the period of decline of organized religion as a force in people's daily lives, particularly in Europe.

Guinness 30-10-2009 19:50

Following on from Garinda's graphic tale :-

Couple of paedophiles in Scotland were jailed yesterday, one of the offences they committed concerned a baby between (and I quote) 'birth to the age of four years'.

One of these despicable dregs of humanity was HIV positive....

The innocent in this could end up HIV positive too.

Therefore the 'Thicker Vicar' considers this innocent a sinner who God is purging from the face of the earth

(Apologies but the 'Rev Kev' thing seems too disarming)

Why am I thinking hitler / holocaust as I write this?

Margaret Pilkington 30-10-2009 20:14

So it seems that Rev Kev might get one vote at least......but it won't be mine, for the reasons I have outlined in the previous thread about this subject.

Wynonie Harris 31-10-2009 09:06

Incidentally, Alex, are you ever going to post about any other subject? Maybe in the nostalgia section to tell us about your recollections of Accy in the old days...or the music section...or even the Stanley section. Or have you got such a one-dimensional personality that you can only talk about one subject? There are plenty of members on here who have religious beliefs, but they don't constantly push them in our faces.

I reckon if you carry on persistently attempting to inflict your own narrow view of Christianity on us in such an obsessive fashion, then your posts are really no better than spam and you would be better off elsewhere - Godbothersareus.com or some such forum where you and your fellow-obsessives can rant at each other to your heart's content.

Less 31-10-2009 09:22

I wonder? Perhaps this would be better in, today I met an accywebber, but could this 'disciple of The Lord', be the same bloke that often spends Saturday Morning ranting on Broadway?
If it is you Alex, could you turn your amplifier down to just an ear piercing cacophony?

Alex Ross 31-10-2009 10:52

The word of the Lord concerning Cities and Tents

If you did not want to hear the word of Christ or learn what the Bible says then I expect you would not have clicked on this message. So there is your opportunity to turn a deaf ear ....:)

After praying, this is the answer I received:
I found the comment that Rio De Janeiros still has slums well considered.
Christ is greatly blessing me:

Isaiah 45v24 Surely, shall one (myself) say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
Isaiah 45v25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

I am grateful for the support of the Roman Catholic Church in tackling these problems in Rio De Janeiros. It is far better in my experience than any critic here for all their fine words.
I pray that the Pope becomes more personally involved too.
Pointing out how much more needs to be done will not build a single house in Rio De Janeiros. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead" James 2:20
Looking at Rio De Janeiros we can also see that some live in worse tents than others.
"He answered and said unto them, He that hath two coats, let him give to him that has none; and he that has meat, let him do likewise." Luke 3:11.
I support the church of Christ in cities throughout Latin America and Mexico as Christ provides:

"And there he makes the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation" Psalm 107:36

"The righteous shall see it (the cities I mentioned raised up), and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth." Psalm 107:42

"Whoso is wise, and will observe (make an effort to understand) these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD." Psalm 107:43

The Lord has said to me that He upholds me and my cause as it is just in His eyes:

"Tell you, and bring them near; yes, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? HAVE not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a JUST God and a SAVIOUR; there is none beside me." Isaiah 45:21

"And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the JUST; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17

"That which is altogether JUST shall you follow, that you may live, and
inherit the land which the LORD thy God gives you." Deuteronomy 16:20

Numbers 35:6 And among the cities which you shall give unto the Levites there shall be six cities for refuge, which you shall appoint for the manslayer, that he may flee there: and to them you shall add forty and two cities.

Numbers 35:11 Then you shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee there, which kills any person at unawares.

Numbers 35:12 And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment.

Numbers 35:13 And of these cities which you shall give six cities shall you have for refuge.

Numbers 35:14 you shall give three cities on this side Jordan, and three cities shall you give in the land of Canaan, which shall be cities of refuge.

Numbers 35:15 These six cities shall be a refuge, both for the children of Israel, and for the stranger, and for the sojourner (visitor) among them: that every one that kills any person unawares may flee there.
The christian interpretation of these passages is this:
I am part of a royal priesthood just like the Levites. I appoint Kingston in Canada, Rio de Janeiros, Hyndburn and the cities I referred to be christian cities of refuge and blessing; again calling for them to be raised up.
If God can so bless murderers in these cities will He not bless you if you ask?
Those who are to find salvation and blessing there are people, especially, who are without hope.
They (and we) are also people who that have "killed any person (Jesus) unawares".
We are the reason why Christ was slain.
It is also in the power of the Christian churches in Latin America, say, to appoint cities likewise.
My ministry here can be seen as fulfilling Joshua 20:2 for Christ.

Joshua 20:2 Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses.

I thank God that the word I have sown has taken root here.
At the moment I have no formal ministry and I am prepared to put Christ to the test.
If you feel that you want or God is calling you to support this ministry then be blessed as you sow some seed.
You can also do this by supporting your own church or some other Christian ministry.
You may be able to provide clothes, labour, food, or property.
It is up to you what you sow.
I believe that Christ has blessed you as you read His word here. If you do not know
Christ personally I encourage you to write to me.

Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 758009)
If God's finished rebuilding Rio, fabulously quaint shanty slums, by the way, and is about to start on Accrington, could we have a beach as well please?

Perhaps God could exchange Accrington's present tents for nice little chalets?

He could be like an omnipresent Billy Butlin.

Less 31-10-2009 11:16

Oh David, erm' sorry Alex, next time you talk to God get him to show you how to do quotes properly so that they stand out like so:-

Quote:

Isaiah 45v24 Surely, shall one (myself) say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
That way people will be able to ignore these important bits much more quickly.

Quote:

Isaiah 45v25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.
You could even do them in a really frightening red,

or

In different

sizes?

By the way as a Christian why is your God speaking mainly to you from the old and some say vicious Testament rather than the new Testament of the loving God?

jaysay 31-10-2009 11:30

Oh God not another Wally, Life is bad enough, but can't stand people who peddle God, either on Web sites or on the door step. Religion is a personal thing, I'm a practicing Roman Catholic and would dream of pushing my views down any one else's throat, pardon the pun but get a life Alex

Less 31-10-2009 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 758870)
Oh God not another Wally, Life is bad enough, but can't stand people who peddle God

Think yourself lucky God was by your side to protect you in Hospital, or else Mick might have visited and stood on your Oxygen line again!

garinda 31-10-2009 12:10

There seems to be a fine line between someone hearing the voice of their god, and mental illness.

Especially when they apparently know the Catholic church is doing more in Rio, than 'any critic on here.'

Being psychic, and knowing what we're all doing, or have done, must be a blessing.

As stated earlier, bring it on brother!

For you are queering Logan's political pitch with your rantings, marvelously.

garinda 31-10-2009 12:20

It's shocking when a jury doesn't believe someone has a direct line to God, and that they were told to kill those fallen women, as in the case of Peter Sutcliffe.

It appears quite a few of God's chosen messengers have quite a few of their wires crossed.

garinda 31-10-2009 12:30

Damn, the address has been taken off, for those wishing to book the preacher!

I now have a vacancy for next Sunday, if anyone's looking for a pulpit, at the Church of the Poisoned Mind.

Less 31-10-2009 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 758890)
if anyone's looking for a pulpit, at the Church of the Poisoned Mind.

I know I knew you from somewhere!

jaysay 31-10-2009 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 758871)
Think yourself lucky God was by your side to protect you in Hospital, or else Mick might have visited and stood on your Oxygen line again!

:eek::eek::eek::eek: never thought of that Less, one must be thankful for small mercies:D

Less 31-10-2009 15:22

Just working from memory, I promise I won't Google anything, (honest, so this is MY, interpretation).

God put his only child on Earth, after being pleasant and helping wherever he could, trying to advise people about how we should all be nice to each other, the poor lad was Crucified, murdered, forced to pop his clogs long before he got the true message across.

Unfortunately for him there were a few leaders of the 'Church', that felt threatened, the Country was ruled by outsiders that didn't believe, one of them leant over backwards not to have this bloke condemned, (what better example of a Christian act could we see?),

However condemned to death this talented narrator was.

Was he bitter? No.

Did he Start swearing and say, "I'll get you all at play time"? No.

With his dying breath he said something along the lines of, "Hey up Dad don't blame the ignorant so, & so's for this, they haven't a clue about righteousness.

Was he talking about the Roman that tried to save his life? No.

Was he thinking of the Worldwide Barbarian's that had no chance to hear the word of one who's life was cut so short? No.

Perhaps he was talking about the ones that listened but failed to grasp the sentiments and love in his words? No.

'He', was talking about the established Church, the ones that refused to let go of what little power they had.

'He', is supposedly the Son of the God of love, the one that gave us all free will, we know this Son, he was supposedly Sacrificed for all of us so that his dad would forgive us our sin's.

I as an atheist, have more chance of sitting at the right hand of God than the sinners that manipulate his words.

Why? Because like many others although I'm a doubting Thomas, I try not to harm anyone or twist the words in the way these 'Good', Christians try to do.

There you go, that's my severe Penny's worth, suck the juice out of that you Messiah Murderer!
:mad:

Benipete 31-10-2009 20:34

Oh Lord all mighty and divine who turned the water into wine bless the landlord and all his kin who somehow turned it back agin:drunk::thepint::thepint::cheers::D:D

Eric 01-11-2009 10:22

Re: The word of the Lord concerning Cities and Tents

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Ross (Post 758852)
If you did not want to hear the word of Christ or learn what the Bible says then I expect you would not have clicked on this message. So there is your opportunity to turn a deaf ear ....:)

After praying, this is the answer I received:
I found the comment that Rio De Janeiros still has slums well considered.
Christ is greatly blessing me:

I am grateful for the support of the Roman Catholic Church in tackling these problems in Rio De Janeiros. It is far better in my experience than any critic here for all their fine words.
I pray that the Pope becomes more personally involved too.
Pointing out how much more needs to be done will not build a single house in Rio De Janeiros. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead" James 2:20
Looking at Rio De Janeiros we can also see that some live in worse tents than others.
"He answered and said unto them, He that hath two coats, let him give to him that has none; and he that has meat, let him do likewise." Luke 3:11.
I support the church of Christ in cities throughout Latin America and Mexico as Christ provides:

"And there he makes the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation" Psalm 107:36

"The righteous shall see it (the cities I mentioned raised up), and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth." Psalm 107:42

"Whoso is wise, and will observe (make an effort to understand) these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD." Psalm 107:43

The Lord has said to me that He upholds me and my cause as it is just in His eyes:

"Tell you, and bring them near; yes, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? HAVE not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a JUST God and a SAVIOUR; there is none beside me." Isaiah 45:21

"And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the JUST; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17

"That which is altogether JUST shall you follow, that you may live, and
inherit the land which the LORD thy God gives you." Deuteronomy 16:20

Numbers 35:6 And among the cities which you shall give unto the Levites there shall be six cities for refuge, which you shall appoint for the manslayer, that he may flee there: and to them you shall add forty and two cities.

Numbers 35:11 Then you shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee there, which kills any person at unawares.

Numbers 35:12 And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment.

Numbers 35:13 And of these cities which you shall give six cities shall you have for refuge.

Numbers 35:14 you shall give three cities on this side Jordan, and three cities shall you give in the land of Canaan, which shall be cities of refuge.

Numbers 35:15 These six cities shall be a refuge, both for the children of Israel, and for the stranger, and for the sojourner (visitor) among them: that every one that kills any person unawares may flee there.
The christian interpretation of these passages is this:
I am part of a royal priesthood just like the Levites. I appoint Kingston in Canada, Rio de Janeiros, Hyndburn and the cities I referred to be christian cities of refuge and blessing; again calling for them to be raised up.
If God can so bless murderers in these cities will He not bless you if you ask?
Those who are to find salvation and blessing there are people, especially, who are without hope.
They (and we) are also people who that have "killed any person (Jesus) unawares".
We are the reason why Christ was slain.
It is also in the power of the Christian churches in Latin America, say, to appoint cities likewise.
My ministry here can be seen as fulfilling Joshua 20:2 for Christ.

Joshua 20:2 Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses.

I thank God that the word I have sown has taken root here.
At the moment I have no formal ministry and I am prepared to put Christ to the test.
If you feel that you want or God is calling you to support this ministry then be blessed as you sow some seed.
You can also do this by supporting your own church or some other Christian ministry.
You may be able to provide clothes, labour, food, or property.
It is up to you what you sow.
I believe that Christ has blessed you as you read His word here. If you do not know
If you want me to come to your church and share this ministry you can write to me at:
Cities of Refuge
Mr Alexander Ross
7, Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
United Kingdom
BB5 2AX

Alex

Sheesh (that's Canadian, eh .... a mild expletive expressing exasperation.):eek:

Restless 01-11-2009 10:37

never has the scroll wheel on my mouse had a better purpose. I like the exercise my middle finger gets when you post and quote garbage from an old novel

Quote:

can you give me his email address instead, I would like to speak to him directly

Quote:

If you do not know

Wynonie Harris 01-11-2009 10:47

Do you ever talk about anything else, Alex? Do you ever discuss the price of Brussels sprouts, or the latest album you've bought or last weekend's result for Stanley or where you're going for your holidays next year...or a million and one other things that ordinary members of the human race discuss with each other? Or does your conversation solely consist of verbatim quotes from the bible, punctuated by large doses of sham philosophy? If it's the latter, then God help your friends (if indeed you have any!).

jaysay 01-11-2009 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 759233)
Do you ever talk about anything else, Alex? Do you ever discuss the price of Brussels sprouts, or the latest album you've bought or last weekend's result for Stanley or where you're going for your holidays next year...or a million and one other things that ordinary members of the human race discuss with each other? Or does your conversation solely consist of verbatim quotes from the bible, punctuated by large doses of sham philosophy? If it's the latter, then God help your friends (if indeed you have any!).

There are probably a few of them Wynonie who all use the same pot, jut wish thy keep their assignations to their own little click and stop boring the plants of the rest of the world:rolleyes:

Restless 01-11-2009 11:06

Religious nuts are like conspiracy theorists AKA Life. They can't talk about anything else because the minds of these people are severally warped. Its weird how many people that are peados actually are religious or from severe religious backgrounds....

You said it best jaysay when you said you are religious but you keep that to yourself. That's ok by my books because you don't go around telling people they are wrong and evil like these sickos

Less 01-11-2009 11:21

Quote:

Cities of Refuge
Mr Alexander Ross
7, Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
United Kingdom
BB5 2AX

Alex

Quote:

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
It seems that as well as 'Cities of Refuge', the above address has many titles!

Try our 90 days FREE (residential) trial to prove we are cheapest with NO contract
7 Midland Street
Accrington, BB5 2AX
United Kingdom

Cupids Wish
Internet Dating House
7 Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 2AX

Mr Alexander Ross BSc(Hons) AMIMA Dip. Int. Trd.
Trade4Gain (Import & Export Agency)
Proprietor / Owner
7, Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
England,
United Kingdom
BB5 2AX

Complex Quantum Mechanic's

The above link is interesting it gives us a piccy of this disciple of all trades.

So, if you do write care of the above address, don't expect God or Alex to answer straight away because of the Postal disruptions and also while dealing with everything else Alex no doubt has to put God on hold because he, (Alex), is a very busy man.

P.S. just google the post code:p

jaysay 01-11-2009 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 759240)

Try our 90 days FREE (residential) trial to prove we are cheapest with NO contract
7 Midland Street
Accrington, BB5 2AX
United Kingdom

Cupids Wish
Internet Dating House
7 Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 2AX

Proprietor / Owner
7, Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
England,
United Kingdom
BB5 2AX

The above link is interesting it gives us a piccy of this disciple of all trades.

So, if you do write care of the above address, don't expect God or Alex to answer straight away because of the Postal disruptions and also while dealing with everything else Alex no doubt has to put God on hold because he, (Alex), is a very busy man.

The mind boggles Less :eek::eek::eek: but thanks or th link and the laugh, does look like God is on hold:D but maybe not on a Sunday:rolleyes:

cashman 01-11-2009 11:56

Jack of all trades.........:D master of...............:D

jaysay 01-11-2009 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 759249)
Jack of all trades.........:D master of...............:D

Must be a Dingle:D

garinda 01-11-2009 12:26

Oh my God.

Hilarious.

Although you'd have thought such an 'intellectual' would have used better English, when starting this thread.

'Voting for Christian in Politics' (sic)

He's mentioned Kevin Logan, but not a word so far about this chap Christian, who he wants us to 'vote for in politics'.

Oh well, perhaps his internet dating company is more successful.

Though judging from the photograph, Cupid draw back your bow....and shoot me now.

Less 01-11-2009 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 759257)

Oh well, perhaps his internet dating company is more successful.

Though judging from the photograph, Cupid draw back your bow....and shoot me now.

Just wait until Kate realises who she's been sending her details to!
:hidewall:

garinda 01-11-2009 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 759240)

7 Midland Street
Accrington, BB5 2AX
United Kingdom

Cupids Wish
Internet Dating House
7 Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 2AX

Proprietor / Owner
7, Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
England,
United Kingdom
BB5 2AX

Apparently it's also a book shop, Prize books.

Which is nice, what with Wardleworth's having closed.

Book Shops

Could anyone passing please call in for my 'free gift'.

That's if they're open on the Sabbath.