Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Royal Visit .... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/royal-visit-50237.html)

Eric 02-11-2009 19:31

Royal Visit ....

Ok you guys .... get ready to let loose your comments .... Prince Chuck and his old lady are in Canada next monday to start an 11 day Royal Visit .... Just think ... for 11 whole days Canada will be footing the bill for C&C .... I wonder what he could do in Canada that would please some of you: a little bear wrestling? Milking a wild cow moose? Rattlesnake venom collecting? Skiing in avalanche country?:theband:

accyman 03-11-2009 04:21

Re: Royal Visit ....

they could start educating those dimwits that call themselves french canadian that to be french you have to be born in france and despite what they may think they are actually canadian if born in canada.

oh iv had many an argument with my friends and family over there about this one lol

jaysay 03-11-2009 09:10

A bit of culture arriving in Canada then Eric:D:D

Eric 04-11-2009 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 759926)
A bit of culture arriving in Canada then Eric:D:D

Chuck and his old lady arrived in the centre of Canadian culture, St. John's, Newfoundland, home of screech, swish, flipper pie, and killing baby seals ... how much culture can you handle:theband:

Tealeaf 04-11-2009 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 760485)
Chuck and his old lady arrived in the centre of Canadian culture, St. John's, Newfoundland, home of screech, swish, flipper pie, and killing baby seals ... how much culture can you handle:theband:

I have not got a clue about what the first three are all about, but I would assume that firm management control of the seal population off Newfoundland is a sound way of maintaining what's left of your seriously depleted fishing stock. What more of an ecologically friendly method of dealing with this doe-eyed vermin do you want?

Eric 04-11-2009 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 760503)
I have not got a clue about what the first three are all about, but I would assume that firm management control of the seal population off Newfoundland is a sound way of maintaining what's left of your seriously depleted fishing stock. What more of an ecologically friendly method of dealing with this doe-eyed vermin do you want?

Your assumption that the culling of the Harp seal population is essential for maintaining what is left of the fishery is right on.

Screech is Newfie rum ... swish is made by "swishing" water around inside wooden whiskey barrels in order to get at the whiskey that has soaked into the wood ... flipper pie is like Lancashire Hot Pot made with seal flippers.

And for those of you who like magnificent, beautiful, rugged scenery there is no better place on the planet to visit than the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador .... and it is home to some of the friendliest folk you are ever likely to run into:theband:

steeljack 04-11-2009 18:35

Maybe Eric can answer .....how come there are so many more seals these days ? something doesn't make sense to me , surely there would have been millions of the things in the old days when abundant amounts of food was available to them before over fishing depleted the Cod and other fish stocks . :confused: :confused:

Eric 04-11-2009 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 760520)
Maybe Eric can answer .....how come there are so many more seals these days ? something doesn't make sense to me , surely there would have been millions of the things in the old days when abundant amounts of food was available to them before over fishing depleted the Cod and other fish stocks . :confused: :confused:

Without the benefit of research, I would say that the seal population is so large because the adult Harp seal is a superbly efficient killing machine, and a much better fisherman than any human ... and most of the overfishing was done by European and Asian floating vacuum cleaners ... Canada now protects its fishery and foreign ships fishing in Canadian waters are arrested. Fishery protection vessels and coastal defence ships, esp. the new "Kingston" class vessels, are constantly on patrol. The Harp seals are definitely not an endagered species .... unhappily the Newfoundland fisherman is.:mad:

Tealeaf 04-11-2009 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 760509)
... flipper pie is like Lancashire Hot Pot made with seal flippers.

:theband:

Do you serve it with red cabbage? If so, do you fart alot afterwards? It looks to me that the whole of Newfoundland smells like Bridge Steet in Church.

Eric 04-11-2009 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 760527)
Do you serve it with red cabbage? If so, do you fart alot afterwards? It looks to me that the whole of Newfoundland smells like Bridge Steet in Church.

Nah ... no red cabbage ... most of the obnoxious gas in Canada can be found in Ottawa, not surprisingly, near Parliament Hill:theband:

And to keep on topic: Prince Charles will be in Ottawa on November 11, where he will place a wreath on the National War Memorial. Wearing of poppies is compulsory. Those not wearing them will be exiled to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan ... most def. a fate worse than death.:D

jaysay 05-11-2009 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 760551)
Nah ... no red cabbage ... most of the obnoxious gas in Canada can be found in Ottawa, not surprisingly, near Parliament Hill:theband:

And to keep on topic: Prince Charles will be in Ottawa on November 11, where he will place a wreath on the National War Memorial. Wearing of poppies is compulsory. Those not wearing them will be exiled to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan ... most def. a fate worse than death.:D

Is that a place or a serious illness Eric:D

cashman 05-11-2009 12:47

What would please me most Eric is the pair of em becoming settlers n remaining oer yon.:D

jaysay 05-11-2009 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 760726)
What would please me most Eric is the pair of em becoming settlers n remaining oer yon.:D

I'm sure Eric would put them up for a while cashy:rolleyes:

Eric 05-11-2009 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 760726)

With a population density of 2.3 per square kilometer we might be able to find a little room;):D

Eric 05-11-2009 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 760666)
Is that a place or a serious illness Eric:D

Good one:D:D:D