Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Why i won't be shopping at Bodycare again. *Merged* (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/why-i-wont-be-shopping-at-bodycare-again-merged-50289.html)

Sara 04-11-2009 19:06

Why i won't be shopping at Bodycare again. *Merged*
 
Why i won't be shopping at Bodycare again.

Poppy Outrage - ITV Granada Reports

Was so annoyed when i heard it on the news, especially on a day when 5 soldiers was killed and a number wounded.

cashman 04-11-2009 19:07

Poppy Ban
 
just been on BBC Northwest that "Bodycare" at Wigan have banned staff from wearing Poppies, this i think is disgraceful.:mad: Management refused to comment to the Beeb, the lady who had worked fer 8 yrs fer em, was told if she returned to work tomorrow wearing it she will face disciplinary action, Paris n I have always used this shop, it will sunshine in hell before we ever use it again, i would hope many people in britain feel the same n it follows "Woolies" into Oblivion.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sara 04-11-2009 19:12

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Put a thread up about this myself at the same time. I'm with you on not shopping there again.

Eric 04-11-2009 19:17

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 760510)
just been on BBC Northwest that "Bodycare" at Wigan have banned staff from wearing Poppies, this i think is disgraceful.:mad: Management refused to comment to the Beeb, the lady who had worked fer 8 yrs fer em, was told if she returned to work tomorrow wearing it she will face disciplinary action, Paris n I have always used this shop, it will sunshine in hell before we ever use it again, i would hope many people in britain feel the same n it follows "Woolies" into Oblivion.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unbelievable:eek: I see that management refused to comment; so, what is the reason for the ban:confused: I know that you guys have more than your fair share of political correctness; but what in hell's name could be advanced as justification for insulting what one WWl poet called "the millions of the mouthless dead" and all those who came back with pieces missing from their bodies and their souls. The store shouldn't be boycotted; it should be burnt to the ground .... and let's toss "management" into the flames for good measure.

mattylad 04-11-2009 19:18

Re: Poppy Ban
 
What you need to do is not just stay away, you need to make the management aware that you will not shop there again.

Thats the only way they are going to know about it.

Eric 04-11-2009 19:22

Re: Poppy Ban
 
I just read that the store bans the wearing of "charity emblems" ... since when was a poppy a "charity emblem"?

Sara 04-11-2009 19:35

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattylad (Post 760514)
What you need to do is not just stay away, you need to make the management aware that you will not shop there again.

Thats the only way they are going to know about it.

I have tried to find the contact info for bodycare to do exactly that. But cannot find the details anywhere. So if anyone does find the addres could they either please post it or PM me. Thanks

Lace 04-11-2009 19:46

Re: Poppy Ban
 
It seems they have had a change of heart. A statement was read out on behalf of the company on Granada Reports stating that, after consideration, they believe that the poppy is an exception, and staff will be allowed to wear them.

I should think so too!!

cashman 04-11-2009 19:53

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lace (Post 760526)
It seems they have had a change of heart. A statement was read out on behalf of the company on Granada Reports stating that, after consideration, they believe that the poppy is an exception, and staff will be allowed to wear them.

I should think so too!!

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Manchester | Store bans staff wearing poppies as far as we are concerned, it should never have happened,to be considered, they can stuff their shops from our point of view.

Lace 04-11-2009 20:00

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 760529)
as far as we are concerned, it should never have happened,to be considered, they can stuff their shops from our point of view.

I totally agree with you, its disgraceful

Sara I found an address for their parent company:
GR & MM Blackledge Plc, 9 Western Avenue Matrix Park Leyland Lancs PR7 7NB

steeljack 04-11-2009 20:02

Re: Poppy Ban
 
The biggest problem with this sort of stuff is the fact that when companies or Councils introduce these asinine rules which are later overturned no one is held responsible , usually its an spokesperson (spin-control) who responds , my thinking is the clown (Business-person, Councillor, Council employee ) who made the original decision should be named and shamed , and have their photos published in the local media so the folks know what type of person their neighbour is . :eek: :eek:

katex 04-11-2009 20:02

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Well, they have backed down Cashy, and understand your feelings, however, if everyone ostracised this shop, then where does it leave the shop assistants who showed defiance in the first place ? Out of a job ?

cashman 04-11-2009 20:08

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 760533)
Well, they have backed down Cashy, and understand your feelings, however, if everyone ostracised this shop, then where does it leave the shop assistants who showed defiance in the first place ? Out of a job ?

the lady was not being defiant kate, in fact she was very disressed,saying she felt it was wrong, but also said she could not afford to be unemployed, this firm is ruling by intimidation in my opinion, i take yer point, but nevertheless we will never support such a firm again.

katex 04-11-2009 20:11

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 760536)
the lady was not being defiant kate, in fact she was very disressed,saying she felt it was wrong, but also said she could not afford to be unemployed, this firm is ruling by intimidation in my opinion, i take yer point, but nevertheless we will never support such a firm again.

Ok . perhaps defiant was not the correct word.
Their products are cheap though ... :D

Sara 04-11-2009 20:14

Re: Poppy Ban
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lace (Post 760531)
I totally agree with you, its disgraceful

Sara I found an address for their parent company:
GR & MM Blackledge Plc, 9 Western Avenue Matrix Park Leyland Lancs PR7 7NB

Thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:14.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.07969 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1