Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Lonsdale street regeneration (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lonsdale-street-regeneration-50335.html)

sazandy25 07-11-2009 17:00

Lonsdale street regeneration

Hi, does anyone know what they are building on the land that used to be Lonsdale Street etc. (next to the new Acorn Centre)

They seem to be preparing the land for something but can't seem to find out what anywhere online, can anyone help??????

g jones 07-11-2009 20:29

Re: Lonsdale street regeneration

All thbland has been sold to keepmoat so long as they fulfill the contract. However they are not building due to the CC.

Instead the ground is being prepared, bricks loose rubble removed and flattenned. Some temporary landscaping will be put there.

I would like to see it turned into a park, all of it. We have too many houses and the council should be trying to build nicer neighbourhoods and protect and regenerate our historic terraced housing.

Neil 08-11-2009 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 761347)
I would like to see it turned into a park, all of it. We have too many houses and the council should be trying to build nicer neighbourhoods and protect and regenerate our historic terraced housing.

I like Parks but I think we should restore/maintain the ones we have in Hyndburn before we start making anymore (unless they are not maintained by HBC)

Protecting our terraced houses is ok as long as people still want to live in them. Do we have any statistics to show that people would prefer to live in an old refurbished terraced house instead of a new modern semi?

derekgas 08-11-2009 10:59

There is a lot to be said for the old terraced houses compared to newbuilds, they are far more substantial for a start, the bedrooms are usually decent sizes (3 bed means 3 bed, not 1 and a half and a box room), I havnt seen a newbuild house for many a year which has the same room, and the same noise protection (neighbours) as a modern semi, if new build have one advantage, it is probably the heat insulation properties, but even that is debatable compared to a 17 inch thick rubble infill external walls terraced house, which is also unlikely to have rising damp.

cashman 08-11-2009 14:41

well i'm a statistic, having lived in semis, bungalows, etc, ya can give me a terraced anyday, like derekgas says far more substantial, also worked in building trade late 60s early 70s, n the crap they build newhouses wi is absolute rubbish in comparison, coarse many ladies like new wether its crap built or not.:rolleyes:

roundossy 12-11-2009 15:33

i'd rather live in terraced houses as well if they well maintained not much goes wrong with them i have found