Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

katex 13-03-2010 18:53

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 796897)
I'll try and find out if she was a goody-goody, or one of the ones who flashed their knickers at the boys at equally snooty Kind Edward's.

:eek::D:eek:

Trying to dish up some dirt already Garinda ? :D

Wonder what her maiden name was and her mothers ... would not be difficult to trace the Accrington family she mentions.

Less 13-03-2010 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 796927)

Wish you had longer in your campaign to beat Labour there, after all they are a pretty ropey bunch the Hyndburn Labour Party by all accounts.

They are mixing metaphors and it's easy to understand why. this area of Lancashire was the place for cotton weaving,

Therefore cotton = twine
Twine=very, very fine rope
Ropey must therefore equal a person or people that have a passion about natural fibres and other associated woven products, no doubt the Conservative Candidate for Portsmouth, (the largest rope making town at one time), has had their Conservatives calling Labour a right set of weavers or always in a spin.

Nothing at all to worry about, such ignorance often comes to light from those that never got their hands dirty from any honest toil during their lifetime.
:)

lancsdave 13-03-2010 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 796851)
If selected as your Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate
I WILL resign immediately from my job as a lawyer, find local accommodation and work for the constituents of Hyndburn
Karen Buckley

Perhaps this news might kick start the local housing market.

She is going to move from the Fylde to Hyndburn. Just confirms my beleif how far down the drain Blackpool has gone :D

garinda 13-03-2010 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 796931)
Trying to dish up some dirt already Garinda ?

Not at all.

Just putting into practice that old Jesuit motto.

'Show me the public school girl at eleven, and I'll show you the politican.'

I actually know two girls from her year, one one from two years below, so I should get a fair picture, when I quiz them.

Not being local might not necessarily go against her.

After all Kitty Ussher was bussed in from outside the area, and taken into the Dingle's bosom.

garinda 13-03-2010 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 796941)
She is going to move from the Fylde to Hyndburn. Just confirms my beleif how far down the drain Blackpool has gone :D

Doesn't the Blackpool drain go straight into the sea?

I though the seafood, open mouthed and treading water at the outlet pipe, was why they were so big and juicy.

lindsay ormerod 13-03-2010 19:34

Just 2 thoughts so far -,
1 ) Our prospective MP doesn't know how or when to use full stops.
2) That photo of Oak Hill Park looks very ,very recent.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 13-03-2010 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 796942)
Not at all.

Just putting into practice that old Jesuit motto.

'Show me the public school girl at eleven, and I'll show you the politican.'

Harriet Harman, for instance? ;)

Less 13-03-2010 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 796943)
Doesn't the Blackpool drain go straight into the sea?

They took a leaf out of Sellafields book, (formerly known as Windscale) & pump it straight onto the Irish Beaches now.

:eek:

garinda 13-03-2010 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 796949)
Harriet Harman, for instance? ;)

Harriet Harman's not standing in Hyndburn, even if she too probably does a lovely curtsey.

As stated, Queen Mary gels might not be the brightest buttons in the box, in my opinion and experience, but they are frightfully, frightfully, well mannered.

;)

garinda 13-03-2010 20:40

You never know.

It might be nice having one of our social betters as our M.P.

Like a return to the old days.

We could stand on the station, waving our cloth caps, as the train streamed away t'big city. Taking her Ladyship to Westminster, to plead our case in t'big House for us.

Less 13-03-2010 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 796971)
You never know.

It might be nice having one of our social betters as our M.P.

Like a return to the old days.

We could stand on the station, waving our cloth caps, as the train streamed away t'big city. Taking her Ladyship to Westminster, to plead our case in t'big House for us.

Good God Sir, you make the blood vessels in my temples expand and retract under their own volition!

The good old days, Pah, you know nothing about the good old days, back then the Male of the family only would be waved off and his good lady Wife She would have to dash home tear stained hanky in hand to ensure the upstairs Parlour maid and the kitchen skivvy hadn't been able to break the bonds tying them to their duties.

Then she would just about have enough time for three fainting fits before settling down for tea.
:mad:

Yours faithfully,

Col. Buffington (rtd).

lindsay ormerod 13-03-2010 21:11

All that education and not a full stop to be seen on the pledges bit of her website.

garinda 13-03-2010 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 796977)
Good God Sir, you make the blood vessels in my temples expand and retract under their own volition!

The good old days, Pah, you know nothing about the good old days, back then the Male of the family only would be waved off and his good lady Wife She would have to dash home tear stained hanky in hand to ensure the upstairs Parlour maid and the kitchen skivvy hadn't been able to break the bonds tying them to their duties.

Then she would just about have enough time for three fainting fits before settling down for tea.
:mad:

Yours faithfully,

Col. Buffington (rtd).

Dear Col. Buffington,
in days of yore, if the master of the house was in receipt of enough independent wealth, this on occasion would allow a blue-stocking spouse, such as Lady Bountiful, to carry out certain good works, for example charitable assistance, helping the poor and downtrodden of an area, as on the dark satanic streets of Hyndburn.
Your's etc.,
P. Rim (Miss)

garinda 13-03-2010 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 796992)
All that education and not a full stop to be seen on the pledges bit of her website.

Don't be to harsh Lindsay.

You can have full stops, or you can have swans made out of napkins.

It's not possible to have both.

Less 13-03-2010 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 796996)
Dear Col. Buffington,
in days of yore, if the master of the house was in receipt of enough independent wealth, this on occasion would allow a blue-stocking spouse, such as Lady Bountiful, to carry out certain good works, for example charitable assistance, helping the poor and downtrodden of an area, as on the dark satanic streets of Hyndburn.
Your's etc.,
P. Rim (Miss)

Miss Rim as we have not been formally introduced I will refrain from using your P,

Why, oh why, would the good lady of any respectable household work towards undoing all that her husband has aimed for during his career, does she not realise that he is no doubt the reason there are downtrodden in any area?

Without the downtrodden how could he keep his Mills running on starvation wages without somebody for his workers to look down on and be grateful that 'there but for the grace of God go I'.

She should be ashamed, there is a place for everyone and everyone should adhere to his/her place. I wish people would refrain from educating women who knows where this could take us?

Bring back the ducking stool & the Scold's Bridle, ahhh, now those were the days,

Yours faithfully,

Col. Buffington (rtd).