Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   here we go yet again (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/here-we-go-yet-again-52414.html)

accyman 24-03-2010 09:32

here we go yet again

its been on radio 1 news that the same group of idiots not happy with getting smoking banned in public places are yet again putting another push to get smoking in your car banned despite already failing last year they just cant handle teh fact that people will do as they please in their OWN property.

if you dont want to get in a car with somone who smokes get a nice public bus or better still walk and keep walking until you fall off a bloddy cliff.

next they will be getting smoking banned in your own living room and again if you dont like people smoking in their own home sod off somewhere else

jaysay 24-03-2010 09:52

Re: here we go yet again

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 799780)
its been on radio 1 news that the same group of idiots not happy with getting smoking banned in public places are yet again putting another push to get smoking in your car banned despite already failing last year they just cant handle teh fact that people will do as they please in their OWN property.

if you dont want to get in a car with somone who smokes get a nice public bus or better still walk and keep walking until you fall off a bloddy cliff.

next they will be getting smoking banned in your own living room and again if you dont like people smoking in their own home sod off somewhere else

Not sure accyman but I think its the Royal college of Physicians that has made the report, although I'm a none smoker, for obvious reasons, I say each to his own. Think the idea is that smoking in your own car when kids are in, it damages their health, in that case its up to the parents own judgement to my mind, whether it does damage the children's health

LYNX1 24-03-2010 09:53

Amen accyman..........they never know when to quit, do they. Sorry :D

cmonstanley 24-03-2010 11:13

aye aye and who would implement these laws.its just silly paper talk :D if the goverments concentrated on attracting jobs to these shores instead of wasting time on unmanagable laws

garinda 24-03-2010 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 799780)

Oh ye, of little faith.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Merseyside | Home smoke ban for council visits

:D

mallard 24-03-2010 11:29

I think it will be there loss,they band it in pub,s club,s and look how they are shuting down,so if they ban it in cars,just think what will happen there.

Less 24-03-2010 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallard (Post 799815)
I think it will be there loss,they band it in pub,s club,s and look how they are shuting down,so if they ban it in cars,just think what will happen there.

Don't worry it will be easy to enforce it in car's, just class it as driving without care and attention, the threat of points on your licence will make us tow the line.

After all, now they have been banned, we never see anyone talking on a mobile whilst driving do we?
:rolleyes:

(Texting, yes, talking, good heavens no!).
:D

BERNADETTE 24-03-2010 12:06

Wouldn't worry about it to much by the time they hike the price of both up this afternoon you might not be able to afford either to run a car or buy a packet of fags:rolleyes:

accyman 24-03-2010 12:17

speaking of unmanagable laws has anyone ever heard of anyone been done for not having their kid in a child seat lately.When the law first came out there were a few casses but iv heard nothing of it since but not to wory im sure its far more healthy for a kid to go through a car widscreen :rolleyes:

accyman 24-03-2010 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 799825)
Wouldn't worry about it to much by the time they hike the price of both up this afternoon you might not be able to afford either to run a car or buy a packet of fags:rolleyes:

its about time instead of punishing the british driver the govenment started charging the polish etc road tax because as it stands they work here, live here and drive on our roads yet dont pay our road tax

Ken Moss 24-03-2010 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 799829)
its about time instead of punishing the british driver the govenment started charging the polish etc road tax because as it stands they work here, live here and drive on our roads yet dont pay our road tax

I don't think that's strictly true. The tax, MOT and insurance laws apply to anyone who is resident in the UK although the foriegn truck drivers are allowed to sweep in and out because they don't actually have a home here. There was quite an informative programme on BBC1 last month about it which painted the police in quite a favourable light as regards clamping down on foreign drivers.

Of all countries, Finland seems to be the one with its house very firmly in order as regards motoring.

Margaret Pilkington 24-03-2010 13:33

If the powers that be cannot police the use of mobile phones whilst driving, then I think they will have absolutely no chance of ensuring that people do not smoke whilst driving.
Apart from maybe one or two unlucky individuals that may find themselves with fines and points just to make an example of someone.

Less 24-03-2010 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 799839)

Of all countries, Finland seems to be the one with its house very firmly in order as regards motoring.

Damn those Fin's!

Have they nothing better to do on those long cold Winter nights than to set themselves up as a good example to the rest of the World?

:mad:

cashman 24-03-2010 13:46

Heard a while ago Finland has the highest suicide rate in europe, so its house i wouldn't really call in order on much.:D

garinda 24-03-2010 13:53

It's disgraceful!

There should be laws to prevent children from driving, nevermind driving whilst smoking.

:mad: