Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Election - Place yer bets. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/election-place-yer-bets-52870.html)

cashman 28-04-2010 15:58

Re: Election - Place yer bets.

[QUOTE=turkishdelight;810836]
Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 810827)
Yes your right however Labour have never changed it at least it is being changed now.

that was a very misleading comment, but expect nowt less.:rolleyes:

turkishdelight 28-04-2010 16:16

[QUOTE=cashman;810839]
Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 810836)
that was a very misleading comment, but expect nowt less.:rolleyes:

It was not meant to be misleading.I am just happy its being addressed now.Only really become interested in politics of late when i have realised the effects this government has had on the economy and on peoples lives. I am concerned about the elderly in this country and the future of the next generation more than myself.

Margaret Pilkington 28-04-2010 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 810834)
Could not disagree more. This man could well be leading the country for the next five years. We, the electorate, have every right to know his private views on the mugs who'll be voting for him...or not, as the case may be!

well, I guess we'll have to disagree on this one.
Private conversations are just that...... private.
Do you want to listen to all of Gordon Browns conversations?
Do you think the other leaders have not got into their vehicles and made some senseless comment about who they have just met? If you do, then you exhibit an amazing naivete.

It was stupid of him to make the mistake of making the comment before he was relieved of his mike....and one of his aides should have been a bit more on the ball.

Personally I don't need to know the private views of the politicians who are supposed to be representing our interests, as they have already (by their deeds) shown a complete disregard for our wishes and interests.

And, before anyone starts to label me as a Labour supporter......I will say this, I hold all the party leaders in complete contempt.......if you broke them all up there would not be enough parts to construct a decent leader....and do you know the most relevant bits that are missing......?
Well, they are small and round and hidden from view!

claytonender 28-04-2010 16:43

[QUOTE=turkishdelight;810842]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 810839)
It was not meant to be misleading.I am just happy its being addressed now.Only really become interested in politics of late when i have realised the effects this government has had on the economy and on peoples lives. I am concerned about the elderly in this country and the future of the next generation more than myself.

Today I read a copy of the letter that Karen Buckley has sent to Postal Voters. Some of the things she was saying that a Tory government would recitify were extremely interesting.
Restore the link between state pensions and earnings - this was taken away by guess who? (A Tory government)
Stop Utility companies h charging too much for their products - guess who privatised the Utility companies? (A Tory government)
Employ less managers and more nurses and doctors in the NHS - guess who introduced the internal market and more managers into the NHS? (A Tory government).
Then there is the tax allowance to married couples £150 a year but only if one of the couple is not working.
Work with a Tory controlled council to bring investment into the borough. The Labour government has invested millions in Hyndburn and also is she saying that the current Tory administration in Hyndburn has been ineffective in attracting investment into the borough.

I also noticed that she has not made any commitment to having a fully staffed constituency office, where residents can have a local point of contact with their MP if they have any problems.

I am equally concerned about older people and the next generation but the only people who prosper under a Tory government are people with money - it has always been that way and always will be.

shillelagh 28-04-2010 16:51

here you go ...

BBC News - Election 2010: Potholes to peace - more unusual pledges

its the little parties pledges will cheer you up ..

Less 28-04-2010 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 810770)
In my view the foundation is certainly at national level.

I'm glad you aren't a builder,

Let's stick the foundations where the roof should be, good thinking Batman.
:D

Less 28-04-2010 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 810805)
Also i feel their are many people out their claiming benefits that are not genuine and Cameron will get rid of them, for the people who are genuine and cant work then i think they should receive more to help them so stop the cheats and give more to those in need.

There are SOME, not many, when compared to other fiddlers.

I have to come back to my own little Bonnet with the bee's a buzzin' around a subject you never comment on when I bring it up.

What about the cheating, scrounging, pretend to be a student type person that gets a grant, for their studies, turns up for a few day's then gives up without having to pay the money back.

Surely they are as bad if not worse than all the people you claim are living a life of luxury, milking the benefit system?

Pity the poor sod caught up in the middle of this that is wrongly declared fit even though they haven't done anything wrong?

:mad:

Less 28-04-2010 17:30

I've decided to put my selection towards the idiot Christians, I might even vote that way, then I can turn up at his church and demand He sees me immediately on Parliamentary business.

It would take a Saint not to swear just as he got to the bit where, folk dash to the front for the diluted vinegar and wafer thin popadums.

lancsdave 28-04-2010 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 810805)
Also i feel their are many people out their claiming benefits that are not genuine and Cameron will get rid of them, for the people who are genuine and cant work then i think they should receive more to help them so stop the cheats and give more to those in need.

Yes there are a lot of spongers out there, but I bet there are more rich people avoiding paying tax than there are spongers

Less 28-04-2010 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 810865)
Yes there are a lot of spongers out there, but I bet there are more rich people avoiding paying tax than there are spongers

Indeed that's why they have accountant's, most of whom are prepared to state they will charge you less than they save you on tax and if they can't save on your tax, they won't charge, (they always charge).

:)

turkishdelight 28-04-2010 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 810861)
There are SOME, not many, when compared to other fiddlers.

I have to come back to my own little Bonnet with the bee's a buzzin' around a subject you never comment on when I bring it up.

What about the cheating, scrounging, pretend to be a student type person that gets a grant, for their studies, turns up for a few day's then gives up without having to pay the money back.

Surely they are as bad if not worse than all the people you claim are living a life of luxury, milking the benefit system?

Pity the poor sod caught up in the middle of this that is wrongly declared fit even though they haven't done anything wrong?

:mad:

As far as i am aware students who do give up will still have to repay a soon as they reach earnings of 15,ooo which in some time of their life will do.

turkishdelight 28-04-2010 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 810881)
As far as i am aware students who do give up will still have to repay a soon as they reach earnings of 15,ooo which in some time of their life will do.

In less of course they stay on benefits.

turkishdelight 28-04-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 810865)

Of course i guess we will always have that however at least they are earning their living and not sponging on taxpayers.

cashman 28-04-2010 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 810884)
Of course i guess we will always have that however at least they are earning their living and not sponging on taxpayers.

Oh well that dont make deception/theft as bad then does it.:rolleyes:

turkishdelight 28-04-2010 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 810884)

If its genuine i am in full support of these people any of us may need this system genuinely some time in our lives just annoys me for example i know two people recently that have got incapacity benefit who have been able to con the system, nothing wrong with them and they admit it too.