Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Election - Place yer bets. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/election-place-yer-bets-52870.html)

cashman 24-04-2010 17:33

Re: Election - Place yer bets.

well barbers do know.:D;)

lancsdave 25-04-2010 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 809671)
There's a nice photograph of Graham Jones out campaigning with Accrington Stanley saviour, Ilyas Khan, and a ringing endorsement for the local lad, on Graham's latest flyer.

It makes Karen 'Kazzer' Buckley's one mealy snap, taken outside Stanley's locked stadium, look a bit pathetic.

There's an article in the Telegrapgh about it. Do you think somebody should tell Akki of Accy ( comments section ) who the conservative candidate is :D

Ken Moss 26-04-2010 01:15

Graham was at a British Legion PPC event this afternoon and came out on top by all accounts.

jaysay 26-04-2010 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 810110)
Graham was at a British Legion PPC event this afternoon and came out on top by all accounts.

Who told you that Ken, Graham;)

andrewb 26-04-2010 10:15

I think it'll be very close and will be an interesting election. With 9 candidates and the recent Lib-dem surge it could be all to play for!

jaysay 26-04-2010 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 810160)
I think it'll be very close and will be an interesting election. With 9 candidates and the recent Lib-dem surge it could be all to play for!

If Jones doesn't win he should take up Tiddlywinks;)

Ken Moss 26-04-2010 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 810140)
Who told you that Ken, Graham;)

Ouch!

More amusing was two members of the Tory club in Rishton asking for 'Vote Ken Moss' signs to be erected in their front gardens last night.....

Margaret Pilkington 26-04-2010 17:36

Today my daughter has been lecturing me on the reasons to vote....and telling me that voting with a hat pin is not good enough, neither, she tells me, is voting for all the candidates on the paper.

I am just so very disillusioned with politicians, the parties(all of them) and their total disregard for the populace when we were all going through a bad time(but, not them...they were living high on the hog and hoping that we would never find out).

They promise us anything to get into parliament......and they take us for mugs because we believed them.

We are in an unholy mess, and there isn't one of them who i would trust to pour gravy, never mind get us out of the mire.
So Hatpin it is then!

Margaret Pilkington 26-04-2010 17:38

Oh, yes...and she thinks she might convert me by polling day with a drip, drip drip of information...wearing down the stone.
Good luck Nicola :)

Wynonie Harris 26-04-2010 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 810260)
So Hatpin it is then!

I'm thinking of going to the pub and getting ratted before I go to vote. That way I won't remember who I voted for, so if my chosen party do get in, I won't feel guilty when they make the inevitable hash of things.

Same principle as you, Margaret, just a different means of achieving it. ;)

Margaret Pilkington 26-04-2010 18:20

Oh No......! your way is a heap better than mine.
I don't think I am going to survive to vote......these party political broadcasts will do my head in......I might just try and paper cut myself to death.

The TV is in serious danger of getting something hard and heavy flung at it before the campaign is over.
Wonder if the insurance will cover it?

Wynonie Harris 26-04-2010 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 810273)
Oh No......! your way is a heap better than mine.

Well, it's quite an enjoyable way to vote, I reckon...however, Mrs H may yet put a veto on it! :eek:

Wynonie Harris 26-04-2010 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 810215)
Ouch!

More amusing was two members of the Tory club in Rishton asking for 'Vote Ken Moss' signs to be erected in their front gardens last night.....

They've probably read your posts on Accyweb and think you're a Tory! ;)

g jones 26-04-2010 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 810209)
If Jones doesn't win he should take up Tiddlywinks;)

I am a person of principle john like you. I don't see much future for me if I lose. A narrow defeat, a new leader and a short hung parliament it would be sensible to try again if accepted.

All other scenarios leave me writing my book on The Clash and backpacking the world in stages in a few years. My politics will be Baxenden, Peel and Barnfield.

jaysay 27-04-2010 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 810306)
I am a person of principle john like you. I don't see much future for me if I lose. A narrow defeat, a new leader and a short hung parliament it would be sensible to try again if accepted.

All other scenarios leave me writing my book on The Clash and backpacking the world in stages in a few years. My politics will be Baxenden, Peel and Barnfield.

Funny enough that wasn't meant to be an insult Graham, I can honestly see only one winner, baring an utter disaster by Labour between now and next Thursday, even the Lib/dem is an out-of-towner, and as I've said before you've no need to bother about my vote against, that's one thing we do have in common, principals