Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Thank you .. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/thank-you-53053.html)

shillelagh 03-05-2010 20:35

Re: Thank you ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 812191)
You dialled 999:eek:
Did it really warrant that response level?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812195)
i was thinking just that myself ,999 for some posters being pinched? why?

In fact the policeman told me that i was right to ring 999 ..

Wynonie Harris 03-05-2010 20:40

Has Bernard not brought any replacements round yet?

shillelagh 03-05-2010 20:47

Nope he hasnt wynonie ..:D:D:D

Wynonie Harris 03-05-2010 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 812207)
Nope he hasnt wynonie ..:D:D:D

Right, young Bernard, you had a good afternoon on Saturday, now's the time for some hard work. First thing tomorrow, get up to Jen's gaff with some posters...and be sharp about it! ;)

david1 03-05-2010 20:52

IMHO , This is like litter . These boards never come down after the election for ages . I see them all over the place . The government can have you arrested for throwing something on the floor , But not for bringing the boards down ? WHY
These boards should not be allowed .

cherokee 03-05-2010 20:53

I think if 5 blokes pulled up outside my house at 3.30 am and started roaming round my garden I would be dialing 999 as well.

accyman 03-05-2010 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1 (Post 812209)
IMHO , This is like litter . These boards never come down after the election for ages . I see them all over the place . The government can have you arrested for throwing something on the floor , But not for bringing the boards down ? WHY
These boards should not be allowed .

its on her property she can leave it their all year if she likes unless you want to personaly remove it for her and mow her lawn for her while your at it of course

shillelagh 03-05-2010 21:04

mine are normally down within a couple of days of the election at the latest .. have even been known to take them down on election day .. ok late on .. but still when the polls were open ..

accyman 03-05-2010 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 812210)
I think if 5 blokes pulled up outside my house at 3.30 am and started roaming round my garden I would be dialing 999 as well.

i rang the police the other week after my neigbour rang me to tell me about two suspicous people who were hanging around my front door and peeking over my rear garden fence.

turned out it was C.I.D wanting to speak to me about an armed robbery.

apparently they are under funded and wanted some cash raising

they really do need to improve on the inteligence side of the job i look sod all liek the photofit lol

flashy 03-05-2010 21:20

ringing the local police station would have done the same job, i dont think its an emergency really is it

david1 03-05-2010 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812217)
ringing the local police station would have done the same job, i dont think its an emergency really is it

I wouldn't have rung the Police at all ! Never mind " Emergency " phone number ?

cashman 03-05-2010 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 812217)

3-30 in morning woman on her own 5 blokes in garden, ya aint thinking straight to me shaz.

cherokee 03-05-2010 21:38

The response time from calling the local police line takes forever for someone to come out. Thankfully on this occasion these guys only wanted her party posters but it could have been much worse. I certainly wouldnt have waited to find out.

In all fairness if this had been a different outcome and jen hadnt have dialed 999 how many would be critising for her not using the service provided.

cashman 03-05-2010 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 812223)
The response time from calling the local police line takes forever for someone to come out. Thankfully on this occasion these guys only wanted her party posters but it could have been much worse. I certainly wouldnt have waited to find out.

In all fairness if this had been a different outcome and jen hadnt have dialed 999 how many would be critising for her not using the service provided.

Agree have personally known instances when "Locals" dont even come out "Sorry Too Busy":rolleyes: n that was fer a pensioner being terrified. those knocking it, have either never used em, or been fortunate when they have.:rolleyes:

david1 03-05-2010 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 812221)
3-30 in morning woman on her own 5 blokes in garden, ya aint thinking straight to me shaz.

Maybe Cashy , But the police only turned up 15 hours later ?